Welcome

A Better Life (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol could still hear the loud blast of music in his ears. He still could see the flickering of lights when he opened his eyes fully. Sometimes red, blue or white, it all mixed up and Seungcheol got confused with the colors. His head was pounding so hard and he barely saw the way he’s going. But he kept walking because the scent of his house was too familiar to him, lavender and vanilla, his mother’s favorite perfume. And don’t forget the annoying voice of his best friends. Their voices could break a glass, so loud and so noisy.

“I already tell you too not drink too many!! Now you’re drunk.” One of the Seungcheol’s friends with the muscular arms shouted at him. “I’m fine.” Seungcheol shrugged his friends off and walk to his bedroom by himself. He bumped into the wall and almost fell from the stair but he managed to stand still on his two feet. Seokmin and Wonwoo shared a worried glance before they followed Seungcheol.

“Seungcheol, you’re not okay. C’mon man, we’ll help you.” Wonwoo said while tugging the older hands but Seungcheol shook his head, furiously. He doesn’t need any help and when he said he was okay, that means he’s okay. Seungcheol pushed Wonwoo away from him and continued to drag himself to his bedroom. “He’s stubborn.” Wonwoo said to Seokmin.

Seungcheol was still dragging himself to his bedroom and when he was upstairs, he didn’t go to his room, he go to the small library his family built for him. He entered the dark room, he could feel the shiver ran down his spine. It like one of those ghost stories Seungcheol always watch with his friends. Entering the dark room and when you want to on the switch, the switch was nowhere to be found and suddenly, baam, there’s someone behind you. But his house was not like that of course. He’d been living at his current house since he was 9 and now he’s 23. So, there’s nothing to be scared here. Except for his well-known disease. He found out about his heart disease when he was 12 and who would lie? He was so young and his mother would always look at him with sympathetic faces and a few of his cousins. He doesn’t like when people shows sympathy to him, it not like he would die tomorrow. He’s been surviving the heart disease for almost 11 years now. There was a big opportunity for him to survive from that disease.

Seungcheol cried and cried until he had no more tears too produce. He was so done with his world when the doctor told him about his disease, but the doctor said he could survive because it not that bad. The heart disease he’d been having was something the doctor couldn’t explain. Even the doctor doesn’t know his disease or what’s the reason behind his disease. The only thing the doctor could say was, he will survive if he didn’t skip his appointment with the doctor. But of course, Choi Seungcheol would try his best to skip every appointment he had but unfortunately, his best of friends were there to drag him and bring him to the hospital. What a wonderful friends he had.

Seungcheol grabbed a book called “Starry Night” his favorite story book since he was kindergarten. The book looked old and worn out but Seungcheol still loves them. His mother bought it for him on his 6th birthday and since then, he didn’t stop reading it. The book was full of meanings and it also teaches Seungcheol on how not to be lonely at night. He loves to stars gazing at night, that why he didn’t felt lonely at all. The stars and the moon, they accompanied him every night. Every night when he felt he need someone to be with him, when he felt he was nothing but hopeless, when he wanted to give up on this world, the stars and the moon would always be there for him, to stop him from doing anything stupid. His parents would always be busy and they only see him twice a week. It kinda sad, but Seungcheol doesn’t care about that. He’s dying, that’s what he was hoping for.

“I wonder if I could shine brightly like you moon.” One of the millions stars asked as it was looking at the big moon.

“Of course you can. You just need to believe in yourself star.” The moon answered. The star was right after all, the moon was indeed beautiful and it was shining brightly at the sky. It could light up the whole world and the world won’t be dark at night.

“I don’t think I could be like you. Look at those people, they are all looking at you. They are all praising you and adoring you. While I’m here, I’m nothing but just a speck that decorated the empty sky at night.” The star said. His voice sounds so upset that the moon can’t do anything but feel sorry for the star. The moon tried to think about a way to cheer up the star, and the moon was thinking, and thinking, and still thinking until the moon got an idea.

“Do you want to know what so special about you star?” The moon asked.

“Yes. I want to know what so special about me, besides my shape.” The star replied to the moon.

“You are special in many ways. You are always here, in the sky, every night and not changing. You always here to accompany the people that are lonely and upset in night. While me, look at me. I always change once a month. Sometimes I’m gone and the people can’t see me. The people would g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter