What is... a Name?

Falling for the Clumsy Sun

 

"Yep. You are definitely you're mother's daughter." Eric chuckled carefully taking his a couple of hours old whimpering baby girl in his arms to cradle and rock before she starts crying.

"Yah~."

"Hmm?" Eric turned to the hospital bed where his wife lay asleep after hours of gruelling delivery for their daughter. He smiled at the sight of her waking up and approached the bed sitting on the edge. "Hi, mommy. You've got the best timing, ever. Little bunny here, seems to me is - I'm just guessing -  pretty hungry."

"Hi, baby." Yongsun's high pitched greeting made the infant freeze for a moment before starting to squirm again.

"She can definitely tell who her mommy is." Eric teased.

"Give me." She said looking like a child asking for her candy.

"Okay. But first..." He got up and put the baby back to her bassinet then helped Yongsun get propped up, placing another pillow to top up the other two so she could lean on something soft then pressed the button to raise the upper side of the bed higher. "And here she is." Eric said handing Yongsun her daughter.

"Hi Ddongie." Yongsun cooed brushing her finger on the baby's cheeks. "Omo. She must really be hungry." She said giggling and wiping the tears on her face.

"I'll go check with the nurse first, okay?" Her husband said wiping the tears out of her face and giving her a quick peck before getting up.

The baby squirmed starting to whine but Yongsun did her best to distract the infant.

"It's okay. It's okay, baby. I know you're hungry but we need to check with the nurse first, okay?" She cooed and rocked her gently and it seemed to be working so she lowered her voice and started talking to her more. "While appa's out, want to know a secret? Well, you already know but I don't think you really remember." The baby made a small noise making her mother chuckle. "Okay, but just to refresh you're memory; mommy actually knew you were a girl from the very start. I even have a bunch of pretty dresses hidden in the studio to make sure you're appa never finds out." The baby made another noise as if telling her to keep talking or that she was scolding her. "I know, I know. Mommy was mean but don't go telling appa because you, my little miss Mischief, enjoyed it everytime I teased appa about you." She chuckled when the baby squirmed. "Exactly like that. You always moved around everytime appa starts grumbling some things."

The door opened and Yongsun looked up to see Eric coming back with the nurse.

"Hello there." The older lady greeted the both of them. "I see she's ready to feed. I'm guessing you woke mommy up."

"She did." The couple chorused.

The nurse started asking questions and the two patiently answered and it took only five minutes or so, then she started teaching her how to feed. Eric seemed a little bashful but stayed and listened carefully wanting to join the learning process. The more he listened and watched, the more he understood about it.

"Well, if you have any more questions, I'll just be a few feet away." She said propping an extra pillow on Yongsun's left arm. But before she left, she just couldn't help turning to Eric and saying, "It's good to see you''re still fully intact, Nam Eric-ssi."

With that, Eric blushed profusely making Yongsun and the nurse laugh before the older woman finally left the room.

"Oh, I really like her." Yongsun grinned and Eric just pretended she said nothing.

 

Dressing herself after feeding the baby, Yongsun gasped recalling one important detail they have long forgotten to discuss. Taking her gasp as a bad sign, Eric quickly but gently placed the baby back into her bassinet before running to her side.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Eric asked his wide-eyed wife. "Honey, what happened?"

"Oppa." Yongsun took his hand and swallowed that tiny lump on . "Eoh? Wae?"

"We forgot something really really important." Apparently, after the shock of realizing they've forgotten one detail regarding their child, Yongsun eventually found it amusing as she started laughing causing more uneasiness and worry for her husband.

"Yongsun. Honey. You're scaring me here." Eric pleaded.

Not wanting to prolong her husband's agony, she swallowed hard to stop herself from laughing and said, "W-we... We don't have a name for our Ddongie."

Eric scrunched his face as if asking her what she was talking about then did what his wife had done minutes earlier. "Oh my god! S-she... We... Ottoke?"

She couldn't help but guffaw at his troubled expression. The situation is just so amusing then add his expression and it was a killer.

"Yeobo. What are we going to do?" Eric asked.

Taking deep breaths and relaxing herself, she looked at her husband with a straight face and said, "Sleep. We are going to sleep." After answering him, she just gave him a peck and wiggled under the sheets closing her eyes.

What just happened? "Yeobo. You can't be serious. We need to talk about this now." Eric said lifting the sheet up but she just grabbed the sheets back ignoring him. "Yongsun-ah. We need-"

"-to sleep." She said cutting him off. "Oppa, it's only been hours since she came out. You and I are very much tired and in need of rest because tomorrow, the whole lot will be here and you know how rowdy they can get. Besides, Ddongie lasted this long without a formal name, I'm sure she can last a little longer. What's a few more hours, eoh?"

"But-" He tried to protest some more but Yongsun whined. "Oppa~. Sleep. Eoh? Come on. I'm sure the nurses won't mind if we cuddle."

Eric still didn't want to let the topic go but he knew how tired his wife was after hours of going through that.

"Please~." Yongsun pouted and he chuckled. "Arasso. Now scoot a little if you want me to cuddle with you."

"Yay~."

 

As expected, as soon as the second hand of the clock hit twelve making it eight o'clock in the morning indicating visiting hours, Eric's parents and Yongsun's grandmother walked in with high pitched excitement. Thankfully, their excitement wasn't as loud as it didn't wake the baby which gave them ample time to refresh and eat while the elders watched over the sleeping infant.

"Omo. Besides Eric's nose, I think she's all Yongsun." Misun commented watching her first ever grandchild like a hawk.

Mr. Nam leaned in and laughed seconds later. "Good. At least now we're sure how beautiful she'll grow up to be." The elder Nam said making the three ladies laugh.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" Eric said giving his dad the stink eye.

"No offense, son. You are handsome but our baby girl here wouldn't be as attractive if she turned out to look like us." Mr. Nam said chuckling.

"Wae? Don't you want your daughter to grow up looking as beautiful as her mother?" Bongsun asked.

"Well, yeah. But, that would only mean guys wouldn't stop coming after her.." He grumbled making his wife and their visitor laugh to his dismay. "Go ahead laugh. One day, when she comes home crying her heart out, it'll be on you." He harrumphed at his wife making her laugh even louder.

"Don't worry, oppa." Yongsun said giggling. "If she grows up to be anything like me, I'm sure you know how to cheer her up when and if that ever happens."

"Aigoo. Ottoke? You're not even close to being a teenager and your dad is already barricading you from boys." Misun mocked making them all laugh some more.

 

Two hours into the visitation, the mischievous duo came walking in as the elders got ready to leave. Thankfully, the baby was already awake and well fed before the two mischief makers came walking in with their rowdiness. The elders left minutes later with the two occupying their spot.

"Kyaa~. So cute." Wheein cooed taking the baby's hand and kissing it. "She looks so much like unnie."

"Except the nose. Definitely his." Hyejin said throwing her thumb at Eric.

"Hey. What's that supposed to mean?" He said. "Forget it. This discussion is over."

"And I'm guessing you lost." Hyejin smirked when he got up grumbling while Yongsun reappeared from the bathroom.

Noticing her husband's annoyed expression, she went and asked why he looked that way only to get grunts and grumbles as he helped her get back on the bed. The fact that she was the one who gave birth and is still strung up with hormones, she was so calm and collected unlike her husband who seemed to have taken her excess hormones. Wheein and Hyejin laughing could ony mean the two had something to do with it.

"What did you two say this time?" She asked.

"Nothing that wasn't said before." Hyejin smarted making Wheein giggle and Yongsun's brow raised. Rolling her eyes, she said, "We were talking about how much she looked like you except for his nose."

"He looks redder than the ripest tomato, unnie." Wheein teased the poor man some more.

Sometime before lunch, they the quarter half of the group came walking in with lunch on her hands followed by her husband and baby. "Food delivery."

Wheein and Eric got up and helped with the food while Hyejin stole Hyejun from his father's arms.

"He really likes you, doesn't he?" Kyujong watched as his own son smiled and cooed at the attention his godmother was giving him.

"I don't even get why you named him after her." Wheein pouted still bitter that Hyejin was chosen as the godmother over her.

Hyejin just gave her a cocky smile only making her grumble and pout some more.

Not one of the four older people in the room made any comment or answered her question knowing that this has been an on going arguement between the two since the baby was born. They had already explained to Wheein, many a times, why they made Hyejin the godmother and gave the baby his name but the girl won't lit up and simply let it go. By now, they just let her grumble and grunt her jealousy every time the topic comes up.

"Eoh? By the way, what's her name?" Byul asked turning to the couple handing chopsticks and spoons to everyone.

For that question, Eric and Yongsun looked each other in the eye and laughed. 

"What? What's so funny?" Wheein asked.

Hyejin on the other hand scoffed. "Don't tell me you still have no name for her?"

That made Byul gasp looking at their oldest with amusement. "Unnie. You guys can't be serious, right?"

Eric cleared his throat and said. "We're settling for Ddongie for now."

"Eoh." Yongsun agreed. "We have the names. We just haven't made an agreement yet."

The lot of them didn't believe the couple making them try to admit that they haven't made a name for her yet but the two were resilient insisting their claim. They eventuallly let it go as soon as Hyejin had Hyejun settled next to Ddongie for them to eat together. 

Hours later, Wheein left first after being called in by their manager with an emergency meeting with Hyejin set off with an hour after her because she had a night schedule for the shoot of a scene in a drama she was acting in. Kyujong followed minutes later despite the uneasiness of leaving his wife and child alone to go home.

"Aish, ahjussi! Will you just go already? You're going to be late." Byul said pushing him out the door.

Once the two were out, the two could hear her telling Kyujong to just go and some minutes later, Byul came back in with a flush on her face. That only earned her teasings from the two which she just decided to ignore. She stayed another hour chatting with Yongsun mostly before finally leaving to pick up some groceries before going home.

 

"Well that was a close call." Eric chuckled. "We really need to talk about giving her a name soon before mom, dad or halmoni starts asking."

"We were lucky with them. Wheein just had to mention it. I love her so much but sometimes, she just makes me want to smack her head." Yongsun said with a sigh. "Any hoo... Have you thought about any name?"

Eric stretched his hand to carry his squirming daughter then with a smile, he turned and said, "What about..."

 

*N: Welps... 

     Hi guys! So about the name... Can anyone help me figure one out? I tried looking for one but I just can't find something that would fit.

     Any suggestion is much much appreciated.

    Hope ya'll enjoyed the chappie!

    And by the by, I have a new story up featuring our ever beloved girl crush Moon Byulyi paired with Mr. Hot shot Kim Kyujong. It was supposed to be a spin off for this story but I just trashed the idea. Hehehe...

    The link's below, so drop by when you can; 

         http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1241076/honeymoon-with-a-stranger-kimkyujong-mamamoo-moonbyul-mamamoomoonbyul-moonstar