final

if this is a dream

There’s a chorus of screams around the stadium. Pretty lights blink on and off to the beat of the music as finally, he stage opens and brings him up to the spotlight. He faces at the crowd, showing everyone his picture perfect smile.

 

He waves to the crowd. Another cheer.

 

Millions of people have come all over the world to see him sing. Finally. Finally. All those years of hard work, painful surgeries, exhausting vocal lessons and long nights in his studio, he has finally made it. Millions of people. For him. For Park Chanyeol.

 

The thrum of excitement reaches his bones and he shouts. They shout back and they love him.

 

He’s Park Chanyeol, red hair and tall stature, once the lead singer of his band, now a solo artist.

 

“Hi everyone!” He brings the mic to his lips, “This will be my last song for tonight. I hope that you’ll all like it.”

 

The crowd awws in unison and there are several cries for more. Chanyeol just smiles and starts the song,

 

Hello angel~

 

He  closes his eyes as he sings, taking in the cacophony of melody and cheers.

 

They scream louder when he steps to the edge of the stage, holding out his hand for fans to reach out to. It probably doesn’t get any better than this, to have millions of people love you. To see them cry at the mere thought of sharing the air with you.

 

You’re all I see when I look to the skies.

 

And just then, when he delivers those lines, he feels his heart stop. As he reached out to his left, he thought he saw that familiar bright smile and those soft eyes looking at him. He thought that those gentle fingers he’s oh-so-familiar with also reached out to his, to intertwine them together again.

 

Before he can even call out his name, in a blink of an eye, the boy disappears.

 

The crowd has gone silent. He hasn’t noticed that he stopped singing.

 

He laughs to himself as tears pool in his eyes. Of course he couldn’t have been there.

 

Byun Baekhyun was dead.