The facts and thoughts [spoiler alert!]

Fridge Post-its

It's been quite a while since I properly completed a fanfic (aka three years ago, I completed oneshots), albeit its only six chapters max. instead of ten. I'd gain quite a lot of support and love from all readers and subscribers and certain faith healing in-between periods; and for that, I'd like to thank The One and you guys very much for giving me the strength to complete this too, even if the ending was tacky.

But anyway, back to the fic. Here's the certain thought that comes when I did 'Fridge Post-its', explanations, and the original plot arcs that changed over time (almost one year).

Origins The fanfic was inspired by the short Thai movie 'Sisters' (click here), which depicted the conflict between, well... sisters. I wouldn't give you guys the spoilers, but it does had its similarities to my fanfic, only with several twists. Also, this was made for a previous contest (that I couldn't finish ahead of time), with a desire to create a more family-centric monsta x fanfic (which is quite rare even in the tags, no offense).

Reminder that this is purely a fanfic and is not an accurate depiction on how the two react with each other.

Thought #1 : This isn't a pure Monsta X fic 

I figured that shoehorning several members when they were such minor cameos would be quite distracting to a story between two step-brothers, so I drop it altogether. I tag this as 'monsta x' to gain a little tract all around, to be honest. Technically, Kihyun and Changkyun are both in Monsta X too. 

Thought #2 : Kihyun and his daughter were supposed to die at the end

The ending was one of the first few segments I wrote completely. I felt that Changkyun needs a strong impact so that he could feel regret at its full force, but for some reason I felt that killing Kihyun off was really cheap and is a practical plot convenience for both and hinders his development too. I'm avoiding all kinds of drama and killing Kihyun's daughter does the same to me if they both ended up dead. 

Thought #2b : Kihyun was supposed to have a daughter who died due to something.

When Kihyun [SPOILER] ran away from home, he got involved with the 'bad crowd' and had a daughter. She was taken care, but died due to accident or sickness. [END SPOILER] I pulled this one out because it felt too unrealistic.

Thought #3 : Messy themes

I got reminded of a scene in the Korean drama 'I Hear Your Voice', where the lead helps the other lead out by putting Post-its. I figured that post-its were helpful, but the earlier parts of the story definitely focuses on Kihyun's cooking. Kihyun cooks for Changkyun so that he cares, and Post-its are just an easier way for both of them to communicate, not minding that it helps them a lot too. Really, 'Fridge Post-its' was a terrible choice of title.

Thought #4 : Realism

To be really fair, I'm sure some step or half siblings can be at peace with each other too, but this is an extreme example of what happens when both grew up with animosity and selfishness of both childrens. Leukemia are usually symptomless or were pretty hard to detect, but Changkyun suspected flu. The open ending still matches what I wanted, though; there isn't any time skips on whether he died or not, but eh. It was positive on what will happen.

Also, because this deserves its own paragraph; Changkyun is planning to go to a medical school, which... I don't immediately do research upon (and cheated by editing since he was originally from law) and definitely is not similar to the real medical experiences from those who did. I apologize for that, really. It's truly my mistake. 

Also, it was seriously not a good idea to hug when you have fever.

Thought #5 : Kihyun was supposed to have leukemia BEFORE he went to the hospital.

I changed it so his boss actually fired him because he was getting less competent and had customers complaining out, along with unpleasant gossips. Also, because the plot is just overdone to begin with.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to comment down below and I'll reply! I will write another MX fic (this time most likely OT7) and hopefully more enjoyable than this one. Either way, Fridge Post-its is now completed.