002.

Potato Stew

It was the first day of school for the two boys. The sun was completely covered by the clouds, making the mood gloomy. Despite the gloomy atmosphere, Soonyoung woke up in the early morning. The birds chirped and the wind blew. The older ran down the stairs to make breakfast.

    “Toast or cereal…”

Soonyoung couldn’t be bothered to toast the bread; therefore, he choose to make cereal. It wasn’t hard, as a matter of fact, it was way too easy and Soonyoung finished two bowls within two minutes (including opening the fridge, the milk carton, cereal box and putting them all back).

    “Wonwoo likes his cereal soggy and crispy, so I should call him right now. WONWOO!”
Soonyoung didn’t hear his brother reply.

    “That boy is in the zone again.”

The blue haired boy shook his head and walked up the stairs. When Wonwoo was in the zone, even an earthquake wouldn’t wake him up.

    “Wonwoo, it’s time for school.”

    “Go away…”

    “Brother. It’s. Time. For. School.”

    “I don’t want to go to school.”

    “Well, too bad.”

The older forcefully pulled the blankets off his brother.

    “Get up and eat. Your cereal will get really soggy.”

That was enough to make his brother wake up. Wonwoo shot up, wide awake.

    “Yep, your cereal is going to get real soggy.”

Soonyoung smirked and watched as his brother struggled to get ready. Wonwoo tripping and falling was enough to make Soonyoung start to laugh hysterically. As usual, Wonwoo would send a glare right at his brother.

    “H-hurry up and eat Wonwoo,” the older laughed.

The older wiped a tear that formed from laughing. Wonwoo ran down stairs with the speed of light.

    “My cereal… It’s soggy.”

Wonwoo slumped to the floor, devastated from looking at the bowl of cereal.

    “It’s just soggy… Just eat it and we still be on our way.”

    “It’s soggy. Soggy. Soggy…”

Soonyoung was on the floor, laughing. He couldn’t hold his laughter in.

    “You can have my cereal. It’s not soggy,” Soonyoung said in between laughs.

Wonwoo ate his cereal in silence. He had his glare focused on Soonyoung for the duration of breakfast, for Soonyoung was laughing throughout breakfast.

    “Hahah… Let’s go to school now.”

    “Screw you…”

    “Love you.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Soonyoung, do you think we’ll be in the same classes?”
    “I don’t know. Will we?”

“HEY! I’m asking you a legit question!”

Wonwoo had a pouting face and Soonyoung had the urge to laugh again.

    “Wonwoo, you’re too cute. Make sure no one hits on you, or else I’ll kill him.”

    “What the heck?!”

The raven-haired boy pulled out his bamboo sword and swung it at his brother.

    “You want a fight?!”

    “You know I love you right?”

    “Screw you!”

    “Hahahahaha!”
The two chased after each other, more like, Wonwoo was chasing after Soonyoung for the whole time… Wonwoo managed to land some hits on Soonyoung, resulting in a huge bump on the older.

    “Ouch. Ouch. Wonwoo, you’re harsh. TT^TT.”

    “It’s your fault…”

    “Look it’s the school!”

    “Still not listening..”

    “Wonwoo, make sure to stay close to me.”

    “??????”

    “I don’t want you to disappear like our sister.”

    “Don’t worry, I won’t.

Wonwoo patted Soonyoung on the head and comforted the saddened Soonyoung.

    “It wasn’t your fault.”

    “I understand, but I just don’t want you disappearing too.”

    “Don’t worry. I really won’t.”
    “You better promise me.”

    “Mhm, I promise.”

The two stood in front of the school and made a promise together. Their pinkies hooked together and they touched thumbs.

    “I promise that I won’t go away.”

    “Me too.”