SENTIMENTAL (0.0)

  `ゼロヨン — THE END ... ?
zeroyon . 0
 
sentimental
he wonders who he's going to be today
he remembers his mother as something straddling the line of human and object. she's the soft down blanket wrapped tightly below his chin, fingertips brushing the strands of hair away from his eyes, a soft pink smile that says "watch your step". his mother also consists of dark lines like wet charcoal, fingertips that are scarlet and bloodred, soft groans in the middle of the night "oh why did it end up like this...?"

ilhwa has long since stopped all storage of his mother in his memories. he favors the figure of his father in his doorway, hovering with crossed arms as his son writes meaningless essays with no substance. he fumbles to find his lighter, cigarette pressed so firmly against his teeth it's threatening to break on his tongue. the switch isn't producing flame quick enough. when i say "light" you say "how much?". something sparks and it scalds the pad of his thumb. , that hurt

he shakes his wrist, praying the pain fades so that he doesn't have to make tears. his cigarette still isn't lit. he only has a few minutes left.

come on come on comeoncomeon

there's a knock on his door. really faint. he can hardly hear it over his heavy intakes of breath. he's throwing his cigarette to the floor, resisting the urge to run his foot over it, turning to the door.

("i hate this stupid game ! maybe if you learned how to actually play it right we wouldn't have so many issues!" he's snatching the doll from her hand, throwing it onto the ground and stomping down on its head. she's screaming at him, blubbering in a sobbing mess "please ilhwa stop it i love my doll please-" and he's begging the doll to break already because it's taking too damn long.)

"what do you want?"

his forehead is up against the plaster, hand covering the doorknob without closing in on it. there aren't many people who would knock on his door. his wondrous commander is one, but the other is-

"ilhwa ? it's about time to go."

he opens the door (a little too rough, but he won't admit it). doctor dan is before him, in all of his white coat glory.

"is it that late already ?" ilhwa coughs. "didn't realize."

daniel's brows knit in that way that makes him look all watery. he purses his lips and exhales a loud sigh from his nose. the words are pressing furiously against daniel's lips like water against a dam, pupils boring holes into the boy shrinking against the doorframe. he reaches a hand (covered in those angry red circles) before letting it drop.

ilhwa pretends to not notice.

daniel wishes he would.

 

it's tofu comin' at ya with this bull excuse for a teaser. some more elaboration ilhwa's inner thoughts ? but not so much his position in the group. there's some stuff that i left unsaid here (partially because ~effect~ and partially because it's 1am and i have to be up in 5 hours). uhh enjoy this i guess ? remember this story is closing on the 20th.