The Something

Fragmentary

The "Something"

Navi | LeoBin

★★★

 

Hakyeon watched in both annoyance and curiosity as his best friend rushed into the hotel restaurant, looking rather dishevelled - hair slightly messy and his sweater slightly askew - which was already strange in itself because Taekwoon rarely ever left his apartment without looking like some kind of model for avante garde apparel. The second strange thing was that Taekwoon was also rarely late to anything. Maybe except for casual get togethers with friends - Taekwoon always took his sweet time going to those. Hakyeon didn't exactly blame him. Sanghyuk's mischievousness and Jaehwan's humor can be quite... overwhelming.


But Taekwoon was never late to important dates - especially now that it concerned Hakyeon and his upcoming wedding. Ever since Hakyeon asked him to be their best man, he had taken the role quite seriously and was as involved in the preparations as the soon-to-be married couple. Although, Hakyeon had to admit, his best friend had been quite distracted recently. He was still very much actively involved in the wedding preparations, but, there were just times that the man would space off for a bit. Hakyeon chalked it up to his work - he probably had a lot on his plate.

 

The engaged man glanced to the side, sharing a look with his fiance, who also donned the same curious countenance he had. He may not be as close to Taekwoon as Hakyeon was, but he knew the man well-enough to think along the same lines as he did.

"Maybe he had something important to do?" Wonshik offered, instantly reading his expression, and coming to the same conclusion. And, for a moment, Hakyeon couldn't help but feel a wave of overwhelming affection for this man - he always did read him well without the elder having to verbalise it.

Hakyeon's attention was soon torn away from Wonshik though when Taekwoon finally stood in front of them, panting slightly. Hakyeon gave him a look. "You're late."

"Sorry." Taekwoon apologised. His features remained stoic but his eyes looked truly regretful.

"We were supposed to start food-tasting fifteen minutes ago." Hakyeon stated - though his voice had lost the sterness and took a more whiney tune.

"Sorry." Taekwoon repeated a bit more quietly as he ran his fingers through his hair - his cheeks strangely stained red. "I had to do... something."

Hakyeon raised a brow at him and was about to question him further - because his best friend better have a good reason for being late - when someone stepped out from behind Taekwoon, smiling widely with dimples deep in his cheeks.

"Hi." The man greeted, smile still bright. "I'm the 'something'."

Hakyeon vaguely heard Wonshik choke on his drink as his own jaw dropped in shock - especially when Taekwoon's face reddened even more as he sent a glare at the grinning man.

 

Work was definitely not what Taekwoon was doing.


A/N: I saw a text post somewhere that went "I had to do a thing." "I'm the thing." and I HAD to write it with LeoBin because shameless Hongbin lol. Hint... Taekwoon would've been on time if Hongbin didn't look so tempting in the car. Also engaged Navi because why not hghghg