CH.1 Meeting You Wasn't Planned

I Don't Believe in Fate [One Shot]

It's my first day at a brand new school and starting at a new school honestly feels a bit lonely but so refreshing . It being my first day I clearly had no idea where I was going , wandering around the school like a lost child but luckily I bumped into this nice senior that showed me around, he said his name was Himchan or Herchan I believe. The School wasn't huge but was farely nice and had a very new antique type of feel to it. While he was showing me around there was this one guy that kept staring at me he was pretty handsome too BUT he just kept staring at me, he even winked at me but didn't have the nerve to come properly introduce himself . Have to be cautious of those type of guys, animals in disguise. Seemed like he knew Himchan/Herchan so I asked Himchan/Herchan who he was and he said the guy's name was Youngjae . Not the best first imression from this Youngjae but who knows.

 

It's been half a semester now and I enter the school building like every other day. I opened my locker and I see a cute little letter slip out , I opened it and it was a love letter from Youngjae . Strange. I went to class that day feeling really anxious I couldn't concentrate on a single lesson. The love letter is so random I mean me and Youngjae have gotten pretty close since we have a lot in common..actually too much in common but this was just so unexpected for me and we eat lunch with each other too, so unlike usual I'm not necissarily looking forward to lunch. The bell rings signaling its lunch time and I head to our extravagant cafeteria after grabbing my food I saw Youngjae at our usual table. I hesitantly head over and sit infront of him. We ate our meals and I was almost broke out in a nervous sweat at first but it went away when Youngjae was just being his usual self and joked around like nothing happened. He never talks or mentions anything about the letter,so I'm not even sure if he's serious or if someone's trying to pull a prank on me . I felt pretty dumb for overreacting internally but I just brushed it off. After we finish eating Youngjae handed me a notebook and I asked him what is it? And he said "the notes you asked to borrow because you were sick last week remember? Pabo."

I chuckled to myself, what was I thinking someone was probably trying to pull a prank on me since I'm always with Youngjae now. The bell rings and we head to class. My remaining afternoon classes I have with Youngjae so naturally we head to class together like usual. Today specifically sitting next to this guy was extremely difficult , he wouldn't stop making jokes about the way the teacher talks and we ended up getting in trouble and had to stand facing the wall with our hands on the back of our heads - With our elbows lifted for an HOUR.

After school ends I head to the my club room, I really didn't care much for the other available clubs so I just joined the one that would require me physically moving the least, the chess club. Youngjae recently joined and have been giving me a difficult time because frankly I'm not as smart as him and I'm not that great at chess to begin with but he ignites my competitive spirit that child. Chess club ended quite smoothly today without us having to argue with each other over a game. Since we get out of chess club late and I don't have a ride home Youngjae always offer to walk me home like the man he wants to make himself seem like. 

I get up in the morning ready for school and I feel dreadful from lack of sleep cause of the anime series I binge watched last night before sleeping . I managed to arrive safely to school and I'm sitting at my desk spacing out out.

It's nearing prom time now. Everyone's talking about it , I'm not much of a ball dance stuff type of person but if it's a ticket for no studying for one night why not. I'd need a date first. While I was lost in thought One of my girl friends tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to the door. I turned around and saw a familiar guy . My friend told me he wanted to talk to me so I got up and headed over to him.

The guy lead me to the empty emergency stair case .

"What's up Jongup?" I asked him , he turned to me with a. Slight flushed face

"umm I was wondering do you have a prom date yet?" I laughed a bit

"no not yet"

"Do you want to be my prom date"

Well that was straightforward. Jongup and I are the same age so we are in the same morning classes and he rarely ever talks to me I mean obviously it seemed like he might of asked me to prom after asking me if I had a prom date but I'm still shocked I stuttered a bit

"uh um sure , why not "

I mean he's a nice guy and I don't have a prom date don't want to shoot the poor guy down. I felt a bit sad though cause I honestly Deep down inside I kind of wanted Youngjae to ask me but he hasn't said a thing about prom, and Jongup is one of his close friends if he was going to ask me to prom Jongup would know about it and not ask me. I guess that love letter was really a prank from someone . 

It's the night of prom and Jongup is wearing this nice fitted suit really shows a different side of him, even though we didn't talk to each other much before I really felt like I got to know him better through this happening. He's extremely dorky but so adorable at the same time . I found out he's literally 5 days older than me. He's a real fun guy to be around. He actually made me get up and dance that was definitely different for me but it was fun.

We sat down at our designated tables to have a bite I looked around the dance hall and saw some interesting pairings my eyes locked on one particular pair that caught the eyes of everyone . Youngjae and anonymous girl from another school , she was extremely pretty a plastic type of pretty but still pretty nonetheless. They entered the facility like the stars of the show. He casually strides over to our table with his date. He was wearing this plain but nice fitted black suit . Him and his date sat at our table. I bickered at him

"ya didn't you say you don't like going to dances ?"

"You said you didn't either but look you're here.. With Jongup "

the way he said that almost sounded as if he was jealous , I'm getting too far ahead of myself . Shakes the thought away. The night ended with a cool breeze it was a very pleasant experience for me . 

 

It's now summer break and guess where I'm going !?? On an mt like a camping trip with our whole school. We'll be separated by classes though not that it matters since I'll have Jae and Jongup now (my new buddy) so I won't be alone, cause I'm not that close with many people from our class. Thankfully it's not one of those rainy humid days of summer but clear skies , still hot but no humidity thank the lord.

We were assigned to groups of four to set up our tents by gender of course . We had a breeze setting up our tent thanks to yours truly. I've been going on camping trips with my family before I can even remember. My girl friends went to go buy food with another group since I did most of the tent setting up and they felt bad about it , such nice girls.It really wasn't much work.

I looked to my right and see my two doofuses struggling setting up the tent, make that three because himchan was there also. Even though he doesn't have any classes with us since he's a senior /fossil senior since he's flunked so many times . I go over to Jongup and help him since he was struggling the most . Youngjae ended up yelling at me he said with no shame  whatsoever

"Ya! He has my muscles he's fine I'm the one that needs help I can't keep this thing down !"

I don't think he realized he just dissed himself . I couldn't help it so I started laughing and he gave me this look like 'this shall be your last day on earth if you keep laughing ' which made me laugh even more but I headed over to him and helped him out. I looked around the area he was working on it was done perfectly

"You don't even need help you did everything by yourself very nicely"

"Because you were laughing and flirting with Jongup for so long I ended up finishing it myself "

I rolled my eyes and went to put the rest of my stuff in my tent. After I unpacked some of my belongings I headed to the  shower to wash off all the grime and sweat on me. Thankfully our school chose one of the newer camping facilitates so everything's nice and clean we still have to beware of snakes and such so I checked very cautiously every corner of the shower room. 

Dinner was nice barbecue with some kimchi jjigae, nothing beats camping trip with barbecue. After we were don't eating  a few of our classmates plus himchan the lost sheep thought it would be a good ideas to tell scary stories . I got up and was about to leave but Youngjae held my wrist and told me to sit down

"You're not getting away " and he makes an evil grin . He knows I hate scary stuff. All my classmates urged me to sit and I didn't want to look like a chicken so I sat back down. I pinched Youngjae's thigh for payback.

"Ah" he yelled with a pained look on his face and I just grinned back at him. 

 

"Once upon a time there was a lady that lived near the beach, she lived in a quite peaceful beach that had very few visitors considering its beauty . Every week there would be a man that stops by her house selling fruits to her . She loved buying mangos from him because they were always so sweet. One day he came buy again this time a bit out of schedule and he gave her the fruit box and left without taking any cash. She looked inside the box of fruits and " 

Youngjae "AHHH" while shaking me then I instincitvely screamed "AHHH!" 

Youngjae and everyone starts cracking up -___-  felt like my soul left my body for a second just now and here everyone is just laughing. I smacked him on his back 

"Why would you do that T^T" 

The guy continues with the story

"So she looked in the box of fruits and there was .. No mangos . The end"  

Everyone sounded very disappointed . Can't believe I got scared by a story like that. I hate jump scares .After everyone was done scaring the crap out of each other I knew I wasn't going to be able to sleep. 

Some of the seniors came over to our area and whispered to us that they were going to have some drinks on the beach near by, and to keep quite cause all the teachers are asleep and or drunk already so they won't notice as long as we don't cause a commotion. At this point I was up for a drink or two so I could at least sleep tonight but I know Youngjae doesn't like alcohol. So I kindly declined, Jongup on the other hand went on ahead with them. Everyone pretty much did except me Youngjae and this other kid that wanted to stay behind to sneak some more food in his tent, he kind of looked like a raccoon. 

We sat quietly and all you could here was grasshoppers and the cracking of the wood from the fire. Youngjae jokingly said "

Why don't you go to sleep?"

I turned and looked at him with the scariest look I could ever portray on my face again

"You know damn well why I'm not asleep already" he starts cracking up like there's no tomorrow . Taking my death glare as a joke.

I start nodding off. From all the stress of finals and studying I haven't slept in about 32 hours and that's a lot of no sleeping for me -for a person who usually needs at least 12 hours to function properly that is . It felt kind of gross but I rested my head on Youngjae's shoulder and I could smell the faint smell of his cologne. Surprisingly he didn't immediately retaliate like he usually would , with my eyes closed I said to him

"Just let me stay like this for a bit I haven't slept in 32 hours and my tent mates are out drinking"

He responded with a simple

"ok". 

Before I knew it I woke up and I was in a tent. I scanned my surroundings and my tent mates were all asleep beside me, the tent reeked of alcohol . I quickly got up and tried to recall how I got to my tent .

I really passed out I could of been kidnapped . The thought scared me . I dragged myself to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face so I could go get some of that breakfast I could smell cooking up. I went to the eating area and teachers were kindly preparing our meals (they bought us food but it's still nice ).

I saw Youngjae grabbing food and I headed over to him to cut in line and grab food , he looked at me and shook his head . We sat down with our packed plates of eggs bacon sausage croissants , almost and all rounded American breakfast - oh the calories.

I spoke up first

"Do you know how I got into my tent last night? I honestly don't remember . Youngjae prince did you perhaps carry me to my tent and tucked me in"

He stayed quite and it got kind of awkward he broke the silence

"Of course I did, who else would? You slept like a log, I could of thrown you in the ocean and you wouldn't even know"

Jongup came and sat next to Jae

"Youngjae hyunh don't take all the credit , you know you're not strong enough to carry her I had to help too even though I wasn't exactly sober . Youngjae starts cracking up

"Yeah Jongup had to help me I'm too weak I had to carry your heavy upper body and Jongup had to carry your legs, I think you should consider putting down that bacon you're about to eat" the image really sunk in for me I started cracking up too.

"Thanks boys , can always count on you guys."

The teachers announced we were going to the beach today since it isn't as hot as yesterday so we won't get sunburns . We originally supposed to go yesterday but it was way too hot , dangerously hot. We headed over to the beach and Before taking a dip in the ocean I made a nice sand couch that Youngjae gladly sat on. That punk.

I kicked some sand at him for ruining my work of art and he got up so quick I stepped back instinctively in defense mode and he lifted me and casually threw me over his shoulder .

Did he grow muscles over night or something? I kept pondering about it before I knew it he threw me in the water . I got up frantically like a wet puppy . He took my power for granted, I tackled him and he plopped in the water. We both popped out from the water like those wack a moles.

Good thing we were already in our swim suits so no need of underwear change cause I don't have any extra ones to spare . The beach was fun, we did the watermelon smashing game ,racing on the beach , and of course beach volley ball. It started to get dark so the teachers had us wrap up and head back to our camping site. We all cleaned off and had dinner. After dinner we were doing a special live karaoke no matter what type of singing voice you own. 

So the teachers were assigning songs and pairs to compete against each other and of course they would put me with Youngjae . Considering how he is ,he's actually really good at singing suprisingly. I caught him singing at home one time when I gave him a surprise visit to deliver him food my mom made. 

Karaoke starts and there were some pretty upbeat fun songs so I wasn't worried about having to sound good and now it's our turn . Guess what the teachers pick for us?

A freaking love song an acoustic ballad on top of that.

The teacher chose B.A.P's Definitely Today

 

**~ One step

Preparing. I wear my clothes

and touch up my hair

Two step

Practicing. What will I say to you

I even prepared a present to give to you yeah

I hope that you’ll like it

Will you accept my heart, what if you dislike it

I feel like my heart will explode what do I do

I want to definitely say it today

that I love you

I’ll express my heart that I’ve been trying to hide 

When I see your cute cheeks,

I want to kiss them

I want to definitely say it today, you’re mine~**

 

As the lyrics of the song sank in for me I could feel my face flushing a bit when singing certain lines but the whole time Youngjae would just keep smiling and looking at me likes it's ok. The song ended smoothly and we managed a 98 being the highest score of the night. We won the prize of a 20 dollar convenience store gift card and a chocolate bar , not two just one .

I didn't even know there was Going to be a prize so I wasn't complaining. Most people headed off to bed. Youngjae went to the bathroom so it was just me and Jongup and Himchan. Jongup asked for some of the chocolate , he's such a cutie pie. He's like the little brother I never had, I gave him my half and Youngjae came back.

 

 I was about to hand Youngjae the remaining chocolate when Himchan suddenly asked him

"Why is your face like that?"

I turned all the way around to look at him since my back was originally face him. He looked extremely upset like he had a straight face but that was his extremely  upset face . I asked him

"What's wrong? " and he yelled at me ,not in a joking manner like usual but he was angry at me

"That's our prize why are you just giving it away so easily!"

He's never yelled at me before I was so taken a back himchan tried to calm him down ,

"It's just chocolate Youngjae I'll buy you another one " I slowly said

"Why are you being so petty over a chocolate bar , it's not like I ate your half! " he glared at me

"You're always like that you're so nice to Jongup and everyone else did you already replace me with Jongup !? I'm your friend too ! Even earlier you only help him out !"

"You know how Jongup is he's like a sweet child someone has to take care of him! You can take care of yourself!" Jongup nodded in agreement .

"Why are you getting upset at me. What ever Here's your chocolate" I shoved the chocolate at him and stomped away. 

Like I learned from Korean dramas it's best to go to somewhere with beautiful scenery to cool off so I  headed to the beach. I don't know why he's been so petty over Jongup, Jongups his friend too. I know he gets jealous sometimes but this is just too much. I sat down on the sand and hugged my legs . I suppose I'm also at fault I shouldn't have yelled at him I also try to get him jealous on purpose sometimes . It's so cute when he's jealous I can't help myself *sigh* 

*back at the camp* 

Himchan to Youngjae

"Go apologize why would you lash out at your best friend like that especially in front of all our classmates "

"I don't know .. I wasn't thinking . Sorry Jongup" Jongup to Youngjae  

"It's ok, I know it's because you like her"  himchan looked suprised

"What!? " Youngjae couldn't cover jongups mouth in time . Himchan starts laughing

"So Youngjae has a weakness hoho" 

Youngjae looks at himchan calmly

"I know way more of your weaknesses then you do mine" himchan does the motion like his lips are zipped .

Jongup chuckles

"Himchan hyung you know I told Youngjae hyung I thought she was cute and I wanted to ask her to prom and he straight out said no he likes her then he said 'well since you're my friend I'll allow you to have her for ONE night and you'll never have her again' I knew he was going to show up even though he said he wasn't going to go. I told her about it that he would show up to try to get her jealous and she laughed and said "Seems like something he would do"

youngjaes eyes widened "She said that!? You said that !?? You little..Yah!" 

Himchan pats Youngjae on the shoulder

"Ok ok go apologize before she hates you"

Youngjae remembered and quickly turned and went in the direction she did. "Where would she go if she was upset .. Probably somewhere dramatic.. The beach. He heads to the beach and surely she was there . 

I heard footsteps coming towards me and got up and turned around to be greeted by youngjaes face. I fully turned facing him as he slowly approached me, he stopped in front of me. 

I spoke up first

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that, and I'm really sorry because I have been trying to get you jealous with Jongup . I shouldn't be joking around in that manner I'm sorry. " 

he chuckles a bit

"You should be sorry. "

I gave him the o.O face he me continued

"I'm kidding. I'm sorry for lashing out at you like that, it's just all the little things kind of built of inside of me and it all came out at once "

for some reason I started getting emotional and I started tearing up Youngjaes eyes widened to the max I'm sure cause he's never seen me cry before

"I'm sorry I'm really sorry" he kept apologizing but I couldn't talk So I just shook my head . And he hugged me . He slowly patted me on the back to try to calm me down . He held me a bit tighter pulling me more into his embrace. My crying slowly started to seize and he slowly released me. He looked me in the eyes and he spoke

"You know you're pretty dense. I've like you since the first day I saw you, you were like a goddess that descended onto our campus. I couldn't take my eyes off of you. I told myself that day that I wanted to get to know you that I shouldn't like someone off of looks alone-what if that's all she's got, what if I get to know her and she's not what I'm looking for. So I approached you slowly getting to know you day by day as a person. Before I knew it I fell head over heels for you everyday even deeper we got along so well -too well , with the least bit of effort our personalities fit in every aspect. I wrote you a love letter, I pondered for the whole week when you were sick if I should give you the letter or not when I finally came to decision I put the letter in your locker that day you came back. When you came to lunch you looked so nervous and I knew you read it with the way you were acting. I didn't want it to be awkward so I didn't mention it and went on like usual. Then Jongup comes in the picture and tells me you're cute and that he wanted to go to prom with you I was honestly just going to give up that day even though I told him I liked you and that he could go cause you're going to be mine anyways but I lost confidence I didn't want to try thinking of how you reacted to the letter . But at the very last minute something inside of me told me not to give up. I've thrown so many hints towards you even the song we sang today you just won't take the hint so I have to tell you like this. I hope you didn't space out and listened to evetything I said. I love you . I don't think I can bare without you, be mines"

I started getting emotional again so I started crying I said in a broken voice 

"I was actually really happy when I saw the letter but i was nervous because  didn't know if it was real or not. This was what I secretly daydreamed about everyday but kept doubting the possibility I didn't want to take the hint because I was afraid of wrong assumptions" 

"Pabo "

Youngjae wiped my tears and placed his hand on the side of my face pulling me closer and closer til the tip of our nose brushed and our lips locked. I forgot to close my eyes.

He pulled away just a barely and looked into my eyes inches from my face and again he whispered

"I love you"

with all the relief in my heart I replied  

"I love you too"

he pulled me in for a kiss again this time a bit more rough, a bit more lustful, a bit more passionate .We've both been waiting for this moment but neither making a strong stand for it , but Youngjae stepped up to the plate . After the heated kissing session ended we reverted to our normal selves with a bit of a kick almost instantly .We went back to the campsite and everyone was already asleep other than chan and up playing dominos waiting for us. Himchan says to Youngjae

"Did you do it?" Youngjae proudly

"Yeah she's my girlfriend now" as he put his arm on my shoulders and pulled me to him . Himchan with a slightly taken back face

"I meant apologize but that's good too, ok I'm going to sleep now!" Himchan runs off . Jongup laughs

"Well that's good, looks like Himchan hyung is going to go tell the world , have fun being teased tomorrow I'm going to sleep too. Night night. " 

I looked at Youngjae

"Ok I'm going to sleep too" I turn away and walk towards my tent when Youngjae pulls my arm turning me to him .

"What now?"

"One more"

"One more what?"

"You know" "

No I don't "

"Fine"

He wraps his arms around my waist and presses my body against his . Yes obviously I know what he wants . He leans in for a tender but long kiss. Occasionally biting at my bottom lip. He slowly lets me go and gives me a peck on my forehead before releasing me fully.

"Night honey" *both cringe at the same time * we both laughed ,I replied to him

"We'll get use to it I'm sure , night honey" cringes again.

*Youngjae POV*

I finally did it! I'm such a man, I bet she was taken aback. After i kissed her goodnight and I saw her enter her tent I had a burst of adreniline mixed with butterflie so I ran around a bit to calm down. My heart is racing, I run over to Himchan's tent and I see him standing outside of his tent talking to some of his friends. I tackled him

"Hyung i have to talk to some one, my chest my stomach"

Himchan replies with a concerned face "Why whats wrong? Did she beat you up? Are you hurt?"

I shake my head and I whishpered to him "I kissed her"

Himchan faces instantly lightens up and he smacks Youngjae lightly on his back "Oh~ You're a man now!" 

"Ok I'm goint to bed now!"

I ran all the way back to my tent and entered quietly because Jongup was already asleep. I tucked myself in and let out a sigh of relief as the butterflies engulfed my every nerve. I closed my eyes only seeing her face before I drift off to sleep.

 

*Back to MY POV*

 

I head to my tent and quietly enter, my tentmates are all far off into dreamland.

Looks like a lot of worries are washed away by this summers oceans . 

Tomorrow looks like a good day I thought to myself as I snuggle in to my sleeping bag and recall the day's events. Slowly drifting off to sleep with the restless butterflies in my chest.

 

 

 

Thank You to Everyone or Anyone that has read thus far. This is my first One shot and I'm sure it shows. Writing this was more enjoyable for myself then me actually writing something spectacular. I tried really really hard to try to write the romancey scenes well and surely I cringed numerous times while writing those scenes.I Hope you guys enjoyed it! And if not thats ok too!

- Sincerely a Delusional BABY :)