Chapter 2

If It's You

After a while of knowing Jason, we kinda getting along very well. By I mean very well is I feel like we are connected and again by we I mean I me myself feel connected to him. Jason treat me so well and he always seems to be there for me. Sadly more than Mark do lately. Me and Mark , we seems to fight more often than before. So im planning going to Mark’s house to cook and make up to him since we haven’t really got to talk.

 

After I done cooking at his house I went straight home to take a bath and went straight back to Mark’s house. I went upstairs to his room but as I open the door I can see him getting ready going out

“Hey babe. Where are you going ?”

“Clara ! you didn’t tell me that you’re coming.”

“Since when I need to tell you first before coming here ? you did gave me your house key so that I can come anytime , that’s the reason right ?”

“Oh yeah I did give you this house key. I forgot sorry babe !” and he kiss my forehead which usually it make me feels better but now its seems like I not getting better even by the kiss

“So aren’t you want to tell me where are you going, Mark ?” I asks him angrily

“You don’t want to know where im heading Clara.”

And then I just know that he is on his bad habit again

“Mark, you promise me that you will cut down your obsession over partying with the boys. I thought we talk this through over and over and over again. And by you saying that this is an all boys partying , I know what lies under it Mark. How long do I need to accepting this from you ?!”

Mark seems to not agree with me so he glare at me “So now you don’t trust Clara ? what do you want me to do actually ? To just sit around with you and not go see my boys ?” shouted Mark

I was so shock that he response that to me.

“Do still love me Mark ? No I mean do you ever love me ?” I got teary eyes and couldn’t help cried

But sadly Mark just left me hanging with those question without giving me any answers.

An hour after Mark left with his friends, I finally cool down and getting ready to back to my own house. Just about to go out I bumped into Jason.

“Hey Clara. What are you doing here ? I mean Mark is not home right.” asks Jason

“Yeah , its kind hard to explain. Anyway have you eaten ? if not , I already prepare dinner. Its on the table.”

When I was about to go Jason hold my hand

“Clara , stay if you want to. I can lend you my ears.”

Without me knowing , I quickly give him a hug. Okay maybe not without me knowing, I just want to hug him and he immediately replied to my hug I can feel his hand rubbing my back. Urgh I feel so relieved. But I quickly pull myself away.

“Okay im so sorry Jason. That’s so out of the blue. Anyway yeah I really need your ears. Haha. That’s sound so wrong.” I replied

So Jason bring me to the rooftop above his house which he decorate the place so beautifully. Its filled with a cozy sofa , a small table and lights.

“Woah , Mark never brought me here before. Here is so beautiful and it gives out the romantic feelings. You know right what im talking about ? do you ? you don’t see me creepy right ?” I stated with one breath without fail.

“You need to calm down. You talk to fast when you nervous so lets calm down and get cozy and start telling me what’s wrong alright.” While grabbing my waist and bring me to the cozy sofa and he open a bottle of beer for both of us.

So I have this when Im nervous I tend to talk without a pause button..

“So tell me , how you and Mark get together ?” asks Jason to me after passing me a bottle of beer.

“Thankyou for the drink. Well I meet him randomly and by randomly its random. I meet him at Starbuck a month before my school prom. His school and my school make a joint for the prom because he is in all boys school. He saw my school’s logo at my beg so he ask me right away about going to prom together. And weirdly I accept it right away too. But I didn’t get to feel the leisure of the prom because of this one guy ruin it for me. Im not that popular in school basically im just a pushover. But along the way , Mark was there for me. And eventually we take our relationship to the next step which now we are a couple. But things get very complicated now.”

“Wow, you are so damn right about randomly meeting him. Okay so tell me what’s happening to you guys now. ?” asks Jason again

After a sip of beer “Well , at the beginning of our relationship it was great and it make me feels like im in heaven on earth but at some point I see his bad side which he try so hard keeping it from me…”

Without I got the chance to continue Jason said it first “About his obsession on partying and alcohol ?”

“Yeap. But at first I think that I need to accept him just the way he is. But after a while I and him talk through about it and I make him promise me to not go oftenly to the party and for him not to consume alcohol like he always do. And he seems to adapting it well until I realize he became what he was before again after I say that I don’t want to have before marriage. Like yeah ofcourse we kiss and get touching and rubbing and you know after that right ?” as I look to Jason and he give me a wink in sign for me to continue with the story

“And ofcourse things get heat up, I turned him off I guess with the talk of no before marriage. For me kissing , touching hands or anything else is okay but not before marriage. It’s a big no no for me.”

Jason look at me with those dreamy eyes of him which make my heart want to explode god knows how I wish that I can just tell him that those eyes make me crazy.

“If Mark really do this rebel thingy to you just because of your principle of no before marriage then he just cant see the whole picture in your relationship. And he is missing the real deal here.” stated Jason while holding my palm and its feels so warm

“So I heard that you are opening a café soon near our collage ? that’s great you know !”

“Yeah, Im so excited and very looking forward to the business. Please be my regular customer Jason.” I stated with a laugh

“But Clara I don’t get it , why you keep holding on to Mark when he is a total jerk to you ?” asks Jason

“Well he is not that total of a jerk but me and him has been so long for me to start over with someone else.” I replied with a sighs.

After a while of a moment of silence and I looked at my watch its has been 2hours talking about me so I ask about him. “So Jason , enough about me. What about you ? I practically know you just by your name and as the step brother of my boyfriend and nothing more than that. Tell me about you. Its your turn.”

He look nervous before answer my question. “Well my mom got married to Mark’s dad while im in high school which I finish my high school somewhere else. And I moved here because I got the offers to what im studying right now. At first I didn’t know that I was going to stay with Mark but I just got to let it go.” He talked for a while and then he look up to me

“That’s all ? I mean you don't have girlfriend ? or problem with girl ?” I asks him with curiosity because its weird for someone who looks so damn fine don’t have a girlfriend

He laugh before answering my question and I wonder where’s the funny part

“Sadly I don’t have one. But problem with girl yes I have. I mean I have this long crush on someone and that girl obviously doesn’t know about it but I know one thing that she hates me so much which I can’t see me having the chance to be with her. And to add on that she have a boyfriend. And the boyfriend is someone I know.” says Jason with one breath and he seems very downhearted about it.

I quickly grab his arms in which I thought it will make him feel better

“Hey don’t give up just yet alright, if the girl was really made for you , there’s nothing impossible. Believe me.”

“But Jason , I know this is crazy but this keep on getting into me that you look just like my old friend when im in high school.  Well I don’t know whether if he is my friend but yeah. He is a jerk , , but no worries you nothing like him. Oh and even your name and his is the same. You are Jason Steve and he is Jason Malique. Both got Jason in it. And what most surprise me is the way you look at me and your eyes is weirdly the same which sometimes it gives me a goosebumps.” I continued

“Do you hate him Clara ?” suddenly asks Jason

“Hurmmm , that’s kinda feels like a 100million question to me. Well I don’t hate him anymore right now. I mean he was kinda my first love. I used to like him in high school but im no one. Even though he a jerk and I didn’t get the leisure of the prom night because I believe that he make the plan to make me look like a fool that night. But after the prom night , he transferred school to outside town that’s what I heard. So the anger doesn’t last long and since I have Mark during that time. Im deaing it with care.”

The morning ,  I feel someone is kissing my forehead and I can feel like im being hug and I also hug the person and its feels great. As I open my eyes I see Jason besides me. He’s the one kissing my forehead and we are hugging each other no wonder it feels so real. I checked that both of us still have our cloths on so im safe. Suddenly Jason open his eyes and we locked our eyes to each other

“OMG CLARA IM SO SORRY.  DON’T GET IT …...” even before Jason got to finish his word someone give him a good powerful punch to his face

I was so shocked and quickly run to him and help him stand up “Jason !!!! omg are you okay?”