oo3.

Lucky Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The drive to Baekhyun's house or rather the party seemed painfully long. To avoid all awkwardness and conversation, Sooyoung closed her eyes as if she had fallen asleep. Thoughts ran through her mind. What was she doing? Who would she see? How would she pass the time? The brightness of the lights from the streetlamps disrupted her thoughts every five minutes. It was dark then light, dark and then light, and the pattern repeated itself. She peeked at her surroundings when the darkness settled in.

"You're awake," his eyes caught her sneaky ones.

Sooyoung quickly turned the other way as if she was shy of him. Dang it, she just blew her cover. "Are we almost there," she lamely excused.

"You're more excited than I thought," he . He took one final turn to the left and at the end of the street was a house bigger than she had ever seen, well second biggest compared to Sehun's place. A house or rather mansion hard to miss. "We're here," he announced. He parked and shut the car off. Baekhyn quickly exited the car to her. Baekhyun opened the passenger door for Sooyoung. Her eyes shifted from the mansion like home to the figure in front of her. Her eyes mesmerized by his beauty, something she hadn't taken the time to admire. "Ready?" he interrupted her gaze. His smile was ever so genuine as he held out a hand to help her out. She quickly extended hers without a second thought, something so unlike herself. "Let's go inside," he invited her, and she obediently followed. She didn't understand what was happening to herself. Was it his charm that was drawing her forward without hesitation?

He opened the door and as they entered the enormous house, her eyes quickly caught the full house. Her eyes landed on the people dancing suggestively close and her ears deafened to the music that resonated throughout the house. The thick air with humidity hit her skin and her nose scrunched at the smell of the lingering alcohol. The door was still just a few feet away. She could turn back and dash out the door, but instead she kept following Baekhyun's lead. He led her to the least occupied spot in the house for comfort, but before he could direct her to a seat, he was pulled in another direction, leaving her awkwardly standing alone in the middle of the room. Her eyes quickly darted around the room for comfort. She spotted two open seats straight ahead of her and quickly made a beeline to claim them as her own. Sooyoung took a deep breath, a race with herself, as she claimed one of the seats. She smiled; proud she could call the space hers. She sighed as she waited.

"Here," she heard a familiar voice. She looked to her right and felt relieved. Baekhyun was back with a drink. Water? Beer? A cocktail perhaps? She hesitated, but still politely welcomed the drink into her hand. She sniffed and her nose scrunched. It definitely was not water nor beer. Some kind of cocktail with a rather strong liquor yet fruity. She couldn't make out what she was sipping into . Strong, yet delicious, she had to admit. It was drinkable. 

"Come on, Baek." His voice hit her ears and she instantly could put a face to the harmonio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter