Rumor has it

Rumor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EXO has finished their schedule for that day and they were resting themselves in backstage. Baekhyun was playing with his cellphone while the other did something on their own. Suddenly, Baekhyun shouted to Chanyeol to come to him.

“Chanyeol-a, come here” Baekhyun waved his hands to ask Chanyeol to come to him and Chanyeol was closing his eyes try to sleep but Baekhyun disturbed him so he opened his eyes again.

“What’s wrong?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun in his deep annoyed voice. He unwilled to get up from the couch and shouted back to Baekhyun.

“Have you read the latest article about you?” Baekhyun asked Chanyeol while lift his head up from the pillow he used.

“What again this time? Another dating rumor?” Chanyeol looks irritated.

“Yes. Sort of but it’s not with that Australian model you followed on instagram” Baekhyun answered while he put his head back to the pillow.

“Then who?” Chanyeol get up from his couch to come to Baekhyun. He felt a little bit curious with the news, apparently.

“Eunji of APink?” Baekhyun asked.

“WHAT” all of sudden, all members who didn’t care with Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s conversation responded to Baekhyun’s words.

“Eunji. You mean Jung Eunji?” Suho asked to Baekhyun. He walked to Baekhyun with a bowl of salad on his hands that he was eating at that moment.

“The article said so. The article said because Chanyeol and Eunji posted something similar on instagram” Baekhyun answered while his eyes was still focusing on his phone. He read the article enthusiastically.

“What picture? How could I posted something similar? I even didn’t follow her on instagram” Chanyeol was kind of annoyed with the article.

“Let me see” Chanyeol extended his hand to grab Baekhyun’s phone.   

Chanyeol furrowed his brows while reading the article. “Oh please those picture are just similar not exactly the same. Ridiculous” Chanyeol mocked at the article and give the phone back to the owner.

###########################################################################################################################################

EXO has returned to dorm after a very tiring day full of schedules. All of them bid goodbye as they went into their room. Chanyeol put his phone on the desk and took his towel. He was about to shower before he slept.

After he finished with shower, suddenly there was a notification from his phone. A notification was a text from his sister, Park Yoora.

How’s my brother doing? Stay healthy Fighting J

He smiled as he read the text from her lovely sister. Chanyeol and Yoora have a very lovely relationship. They will take care each other as hard as they can. Chanyeol was also well known as noona pabo that even he loved his sister more than he loved himself.

He replied and laid her body down on the bed. He checked on naver to read any news. Anything news. One of the hottest topics for that day was dating rumor about him and Eunji. He checked the articles and read the comments too. Some of the comments were sent by EXO-L (EXO’s fans), Panda (A-Pink’s fans) and also some from netizens. Some responds made him chuckled a little bit. Some of them agree if Chanyeol and Eunji was really dating. Some of them against it dramatically. And also some don’t really clear whether positive or negative with the news.

From the article, there are some comments that caught his attentions. From the name, it signed that the commenter was APink’s fans. The comments mostly praising how good Eunji and they support anything for Eunji’s good sake.

“I wonder how good Eunji is” he talked to himself as he searched any article related to Eunji. He then found that Eunji was the main vocalist of APink. She was debuted after became a trainee for some months only because his singing ability. From the singing highlight, He then searched how good Eunji’s vocal is. He read a blog from a singing expert and Eunji was as good as Taeyeon and IU, which made Chanyeol even more, wondered. Then, he searched on youtube anything video about Eunji. Her high notes cut, her variety show, and then a recommended video was about Eunji on drama then Chanyeol knew that Eunji was an actress also.

“This girl is seriously good. She has cute face too” Chanyeol didn’t realize that she praised Eunji. Then, he yawned so he decided to continue his “investigation” tomorrow.

#########################################################################################################################################

The next morning, Chanyeol woke up and grabbed his phone immediately. The screen was showing the web page about Eunji’s profile but he didn’t even read it the night before because he felt asleep. He read about her profile and he then knew that Eunji was younger than him, she was born and raised in Busan and anything about her. He then dig in deeper about the facts that she has a younger brother then many facts got from APink’s variety show.

“Should I watch APink’s showtime?” he talked to himself after checked on some cuts of APink’s showtime.

Chanyeol didn’t realize that he spent most of his free time to watch APink’s performance or the variety show which has Eunji as the guest or her drama until one day……………

“What are you watching?” Baekhyun slapped Chanyeol’s forearm.

“Reply 1997” Chanyeol answered shortly.

“Drama? Really? You watched drama? You are not kind of person who like to watch drama” Baekhyun surprised with the facts that Chanyeol were watching drama and the drama was more like romance eventhough it has comedy in it.

“Why? This drama is fun”

“Who are the cast?” Baekhyun asked as he leaned closer to see on Chanyeol’s phone.

“Hoya sunbaenim, Seo Inguk sunbaenim, and Eunji of APink. I don’t know the others since I’m not so into drama like you said before” Chanyeol answered sarcastically to Baekhyun.

“Eunji? That Eunji who was rumored to be dating you?” Baekhyun asked again and Chanyeol just nodded his head as respond.

“Are you by chance interested to her?” Baekhyun asked again in disbelief.

“Am I?” Chanyeol asked as he turned his head to see Baekhyun’s face.

“Are you really this clueless? I can’t believe” Baekhyun shook his head.

“I don’t know. I just found her personality is really interesting” Chanyeol put his head back to the pillow.

“For your information, she involved in the same occasions with Suho hyung so maybe he could help you” Baekhyun said as he tapped Chanyeol’s shoulder. Leave him with his own though.

Chanyeol has been thinking alone. Does he like her? Why does he interested to know her deeper? Why does he want to talk to her more intimate? That kind of questions couldn’t be answered by himself so he told Suho about it.

“I have special stage with her next month for Music Core special episode. Maybe I can introduce you to her” Suho knew that Chanyeol might be interested to her but he didn’t tell him so he will let him do it by himself. He wouldn’t play as cupid this time because he knew Chanyeol could do it by himself.

“But maybe you want her number first?” Suho asked he took his phone from his bag but Chanyeol refused.

“No hyung. I think I can afford it by myself” Chanyeol refused but Suho was just smiled to him.

########################################################################################################################################

As Suho’s advice, Chanyeol followed Suho to the special stage practice. Because they came from different agency so MBC decided they will have practice at MBC studio in MBC building. Suho drove his car with Chanyeol sit on the passenger seat.

After Suho parked his car, then he went to the studio followed by Chanyeol behind. Eunji has arrived earlier before Suho and she was sitting on the couch with a piece of paper that then knew as lyrics paper. She just wore a simple t-shirt and made her hair ponytail. She also wore glasses since she has myopia. She didn’t bother to wear contact lens because it was just a practice not a performance.  She looks really comfortable with that kind of style and Chanyeol found she was really cute when she was serious memorizing the lyrics. She even made some gesture while she reached the high notes.

“Annyeong haseyo” Suho bowed his head followed by Chanyeol. Eunji then stood up and bowed back.

“Sorry I am late” Suho apologize sincerelt because Eunji has come earlier.

“No. You are not late. I came earlier because I finished my errands faster than I expect” Eunji said to Suho as she waved to Suho that gestured she wasn’t mind with it.

There are only Eunji, Suho and Chanyeol at the studio. The recording will be started when they have ready so, it was time for them to practice.

“Oh sorry. I bring one of my members here. Chanyeol this is Eunji and Eunji this is Chanyeol” Suho almost forget to introducing Chanyeol to her.

“It’s okay. I don’t feel bothered at all” Eunji answered with her beautiful eye smile.

“So shall we start now?” Suho asked to Eunji.

“Here is the lyrics. I made some notes to help me but I’ve prepared the original one if you confused with the notes I made” Eunji showed him 2 piece of papers. One with notes and one was the original one.

“Let me see it first” Suho took the paper as he sit on couch followed by Eunji who sit beside him.

“Oh Chanyeol. You can sit here too but maybe it’s a little bit uncomfortable” Suho asked Chanyeol to sit on the couch but the couch was too small for 3 people.

“It’s okay I will sit on that chair” Chanyeol pointed at a chair on the corner of the studio. He took the chair and dragged it.

Chanyeol was playing with his phone and his earphone in his earlobes. He was watching Eunji’s drama “Reply 1997”.

Suho and Eunji was busying themselves with their part first. They will memorize the lyrics first then they will try to sing it together.

“Eunji, This part, I feel I sing it wrong” Suho showed the part of lyrics that he couldn’t do it right.

“Try to sing it once” Eunji asked Suho then Suho sang it.

“Once again” Eunji asked him again.

“Oh you should hit the higher one to make it right” Eunji sang it as example and Suho followed.

“Again oppa” Eunji asked him. Suho sang it again and Eunji felt satisfied with it.

“That will do” Eunji smiled to Suho.

Chanyeol who watched the scene couldn’t describe what he feel. Eunji was all smiley to Suho but looks awkward with Chanyeol. He thought maybe because Eunji did some occasions with Suho so they has comfortable with each other.

Chanyeol was sleepy waiting for their practice and he didn’t realize that he felt asleep on the couch.

Suho and Eunji have finished their practice and recording, they prepared to go home when suddenly Eunji was panicked looking for something.

“What’s wrong?” Suho asked Eunji.

“I can’t find my cellphone” Eunji answered as she dig her bag deeper.

“I will try to call it” Suho touch his pocket and didn’t find his phone either.

“I forget my phone in my car. Maybe chanyeol”

“Chanyeol please wake up” Suho woke him up by patted his arms repeatedly.

“Uh what’s wrong?” Chanyeol opened his eyes slowly and rubbed his face before suho said about Eunji’s phone.

“Oh. Okay here use my phone” Chanyeol gave his phone to Eunji and Eunji took it hesitantly.

She then entered her number and tried to dial. They heard some ringtone and that was apparently on the couch but on cahnyeol’s back that’s why Eunji couldn’t find it earlier.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know there’s your phone” Chanyeol felt bad for it and he said his apologize sincerely.

“It’s okay. As long as you don’t fart on it kkk” Eunji answered playfully to him. and it’s apparently, gave something like electricity to Chanyeol’s chest. He now could admit that he like this girl. He wanted to know her better because he likes her.

They bid goodbye as Eunji was picked up by her manager while Suho and Chanyeol with his car.

“Thank you for today” Suho bowed to Eunji and she bowed back.

“See you on Saturday, Oppa” Eunji bid goodbye as she bowed to Suho and Chanyeol.

#########################################################################################################################################

Chanyeol has been looking at his phone for more than 30 minutes without doing anything. Baekhyun and Chen talked in whisper like “what’s wrong with him” and responded with “I Don’t know”. Baekhyun and Chen lean t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter