The Beginning

Melting Ice [DISCONTINUED]

Sooyeon didn't know what was happening. All she knew was the fact that she had to escape from her mansion—quickly, leaving her teddy bear, mama...anything behind.

She ran without rest in the middle of the dark and unfamiliar forest. She held the bundle on her arms tightly, afraid of letting it go as it was the only one who survived this predicament aside from her. Few times Sooyeon tripped over the roots, almost dropping the delicate baby wrapped on the bundle to the puddle created from yesterday's rain. Soojung had cried silently, and Sooyeon couldn't do anything but to shush her gently.

"Soojung-ah, shht..." she whispered gently to the baby. Sooyeon was sure that they had been far from their mansion, and there was no way those group of men would track her that easily. Sooyeon sat on a large tree's root near a lake. The lake was clear despite the surrounding. Sooyeon remembered how her dad and mom used to take her here, before Soojung was born. She remembered how she always played with Hyoyeon and Taeyeon, the elves of the forest.

She smiled at the memory.

Soojung stopped crying in instant as Sooyeon smiled. Her big eyes didn't stop staring at her face, however. A small smile plastered to the baby's face, and she giggled cutely at her sister's smiling face. Sooyeon smiled even wider than before, then kissed her sister's cheek and forehead with affection.

"THERE SHE IS!" Sooyeon whipped her head to the source of the voice, eyes wide in pure terror and fear. It was the same group of men that burned his mansion and chased off her mama months ago. Soojung cried loudly again, perhaps because she felt her beloved sister's fear.

The tallest man of them crunched his nose in disgust, his thick unkempt moustache moved in synchronization. His fierce piercing brown eyes staring at the little children with no mercy, looking at them as if they were trashes.

Sooyeon pressed her body to the large tree behind her, holding crying Soojung tight against her chest. She had to live, or at least Soojung. One of the men stepped forward, and Soojung cried even louder than before, nearly deafening the men.

The man raised his machete—that rivalled Sooyeon's height— in anger, to both of them. "SILENCE!" He roared. "FINISH THEM OFF!" Sooyeon's eyes went wide as four of the men marched forward to her, with pure wrath glistened on their eyes.

What harm did she do to them?

What harm did her mama do to them?

Her mama never eats any human being like the others.

Sooyeon couldn't think of anything.

She could swim, but the lake was cold and deep. There was no possible way to carry Soojung. Cold wasn't a problem for both of them, but the water was. And there was a huge possibility that those men could catch her while swimming.

She could never abandon Soojung here—she loved her dearly to do that. Her mom would be disappointed at her.

So Sooyeon slumped against the tree, reconciled her fate.

"ELF'S CRUSHING ROOT!"

"ELF'S VINES!"

All of the sudden dozens of roots appeared of nowhere, strangling the four men tightly. The rest of the men flinched and turned their boy to retreat, but the spiky vines that also appeared out of nowhere prevented them to move.

"AHHH!!" The men screamed in agony as the sharp edges of the vines and roots pierced through their skin.

"Princess! RUN!" Taeyeon yelled from the top of the tree with her fellow elf; Hyoyeon. "Unnie! I can't hold very much longer!" Hyoyeon grunted.

"GO!" Jessica hesitated, but decided to run. Elves weren't supposed to attack humans if they weren't damaging forest or the consequence will be severe. They had to be put on the sleep.

"YOU UGH ELF TRAITORS!" The tallest man growled, and began to chop the vines that strangling him with his large machete. Hyoyeon screamed in pain, but she kept holding it.

No, not yet... Princess is still not yet far...

"Unnie, shall we do it?" Hyoyeon looked weakly to the older elf, who returned the gaze just as weak and sad.

If we are going to be put in the sleep then sleep we shall...

Taeyeon placed her right hand on top of Hyoyeon's left hand and closed her eyes.

"Elves' Forbidden Tale: Gala Festival!" The two chanted in unison as a light green magic circle appeared in their sides, front, and back. The two's body glowed a bright light, and all of the sudden all of the trees in 5 meters radius began to shook except the one who had the two elves on its large branch. The pleasant air of the forest changed to an unpleasant sent of death. Crows began to caw in frightening frequency, and the men began to huddle together.

"What's going on?!" One of the men screamed in panic. The vine had long disappeared after the two executed the last magic, but none of them moved from their place. Either it was because of their fear of forest elves or another thing.

 


 

Jessica's eyes widened when she saw the light from on top of the tree. A lone tear slipped from her left eye. She knew what the light had meant. "Taeyeon... Hyoyeon..." she whispered her friends' name, and continue her escape.

Where is our promise to live for friends?

 


 

"WHAT'S GOING ON?!" The same man with machete yelled, panic was visible on his face. He furiously snatch an axe from his comrade, leaving the man backing off in fear. Angry and scared, he began to swing his axe to the tree, damaging its skin and trunk.

Then suddenly, a blood-shrilling shriek was heard from afar and the man stopped his action. The shriek was accompanied by heavy hoof beats, and for the first time on his life, the tall man kneeled.

Fearfully, he whispered, "God, help us all."

The next thing was, a dozen of skeleton army with vines as their armor and skeletal horses marched towards their location, letting a dreadful noise of battle cry. Most of them were headless, and they were holding large axes. The General of the Army raised its gigantic axe, and the others followed its command.

Soon, blood was splattered everywhere. Shrieks were cut short as the axe cut it off without mercy. Severed hands and heads were scattered among the trees' roots, while the torso and feet were nowhere to be seen.

As the madness ceased, The General looked on top of the tree with its hollow eyes. He bowed to a pair of green crystal cocoon with respect, and the others followed. The General heaved his stained axe, and with the calming wind of night, they disappeared.

 


 

Sooyeon didn't stop running. Even though she knew those men were already finished by now. She won't stop running. Not when she was still on the village's territory. Not when the younger men were hot on her tail.

"GET HER!" A young man with large torch yelled. Sooyeon bit her lip when the group became closer as they picked up the pace. Soojung who silent for the entire time, gave Sooyeon a meaningful stare.

Unnie, use your magic.

Sooyeon bit her lip again. She was long allowed by her mama to use it, but Sooyeon never used it against mere human. She wanted those normal human to accept mage—which was entirely different than witches like they had accused her and her mama.

If she used it, how on earth she was supposed to make those normal humans to see her as a harmless soul?

Unnie, they mean harm to our souls!

Sooyeon's eyes twitched. Mean harm to her beloved sister? Sooyeon won't forgive one who attempted to do that.

She slowed down her pace and turned abruptly, shocking the group of young men. With her left palm facing them, her brown eyes shone in brilliant light of turquoise green and magic circle with lighter color formed in front of her palm.

"Ice Dragon's Snow Oblivion!" She roared, and a blast of icy blue blasted from her palm through the magic circle. It formed a samurai made of snow and with its blade, it struck them down in one swift motion, sending them either frozen or flying a couple of meters.

Sooyeon panted, exhausted after consuming too much of her magic. She was still too young to use an advanced magic, but a simple basic magic needed two palms of hands to make it enough to knock nearly 20 young men. And with her right hand occupied, she couldn't do that.

Soojung looked at her, a smile was visible on her face.

You did well, unnie.

After that, Soojung closed her eyes. Sooyeon figured that she was also exhausted, because she knew her magic capacity alone wasn't enough to execute an advanced spell. She knew Soojung had transferred her magic to her, otherwise the spell won't be successfully executed.

But despite being exhausted, Sooyeon didn't stop walking. If those young men survived severe hypothermia, then Sooyeon had a slim chance of losing them, mainly because the village men were excellent hunters and trackers.

After countless hours of walking and running, Sooyeon gave up.

She was hungry, she was thirsty, she was exhausted, she was cold even when she basically immune to ice, and Soojung was oddly silent for hours.

The sun was beginning to rise, but she hadn't reach the border of the village yet. This village territory was entirely massive among the forest.

So in the end she gave in. She leaned on the nearest tree with Soojung in her arms, and slowly let herself to be engulfed in a dreamless sleep.

"...Dragon... Is she..."

"...That's.... mark..."

"Blue Jewel... Gracia's..."

Sooyeon heard men's whispering her mama's name, but she had already given up on living. If those were Jinrui village's men, then she had no chance of living.

So why they hadn't killed her?

 


 

Yes as you see I'm tagging it as soosica, taengsic, jeti. YES. 

Why? Because it's a competition for Ice Princess' heart! YES DESPITE IT'S SOOSUN.

Poll starts on chapter 10, PREPARE YOURSELVES!