Chapter 3

I didn't see that coming

Author note(s):

1. Again! Thank you everyone for the subscribes, the comments, and the readers. you guys awesome. I'm giving you all a virtual hug right now.

2. This is a filler chapter, but I think this chapter is lame, meh... I'm having writer block. Tell me what do you wanna see in the next chapter.

3. Who do you wanna see as Amber's ex-girlfriend?

On the the story then...

 


 

Krystal POV

 

I don’t want to sounds like a clingy girlfriend,

 

wait,

 

Girlfriend?

 

Well, we’re not officially dating but we promise to ‘exclusive-for-each-other’ so I think I mean something for her right?

But it’s been… few days? A week? Since the last time we met.

And I kinda miss her.

Kind of.

 

We texts a lot, and sometimes she called when she have times. I know she’s been busy, I heard her company get 3 new projects, and one of the projects is to build a new five stars-hotel. Her family owns a construction company, one of the biggest in Korea.

 

Speaking of…

 

I pick up my phone immediately after seeing the caller id, “Hello?” Amber said from the other line.

“Hey. What are you doing?” I ask casually

“Thinking about you” she answer instantly and almost sounds habitually. I tried to contain my growing smile, somehow I still feel shy when she said things like that.

“Are you smiling right now Soojung?” my smile grows wider.

“No I’m not”

“Yes you are”

“Shut up!”

Amber laughed, I glanced at the clock it’s almost 10 p.m, “You still at office?”

“Yes” she sound tired, “There’s contract I need to review, pages of blueprints scattered around my desk that are need my approval, and also there’s a woman I’m dying to meet, but I can’t, life is soooo unfair.”

I laugh, “Go get some rest.”

“After I finished review the contract, I’ll get some rest.”

“You had your dinner right?” I met with silence, “Amber…”

“I guess? I ate taco…”, I want to scold her because didn’t get a proper meal but she quickly change the topic, “What are you doing tomorrow?”

“Nothin’, tomorrow is weekend, so… i don’t know, stay at home I guess”, amber chuckled hearing my answer.

“Let’s hangout, you pick the place, if you want eat outside or just walking or driving around, or… or if you want we can hangout at your place since you want to stay at home and doing nothing.”

Hangout at home sounds really tempting right now, I just wanna lay on the couch all day and watch movies, but I don’t want Dad and Mom sees amber around me, not yet. I don’t want get their hopes up towards us. I mean we’re just started getting to know each other, we’re not deciding anything yet.

“Let’s have lunch then, and after lunch we can decided where to.”

“Sounds like a plan”, “Well princess I need to get back to work, I’ll see you tomorrow, I’ll pick you up?”

“Sure, I’ll text you the address”

“I know where you live princess, goodnight.” 

 

 


 

 

Few Hours Earlier…

Amber POV

 

“So how’s Ms. Song doing in Taiwan?” I ask Eric, he’s the head of engineering in my division, also one of my best friends.

“Victoria is doing well actually, she can handle the craziness in Taiwan’s head office without your dad.” I nod, please to hear that my recommendation is doing a good job.

“I heard big boss setting you up with Mr. Jung’s daughter” Eric continued with a smirk on his face, “Definitely not the oldest, she already have a boyfriend, so the youngest one then...”

“Krystal” I answered without lifted my eyes from the papers

“What surprise me more, that you actually agree…”

“Well, she’s not that bad”

“Really? Just ‘not-that-bad’? Was that a new code or slang about she’s good in bed or something?”

“Yah!” I scolded him, “We didn’t… Hhmph… I agree to try because, first my parents adore her, especially my mom, second because we talk… like really talk, any other girls they just want to have , you know getting recognition because they spent the night with me, sometimes I feel used.”

Eric laugh, “Come on, like you didn’t enjoy it.”

“I’m not a saint, I admitted I enjoyed it”, “but after that? What? I still feel lonely.”

Eric smirks at me, “Why sudden change of heart? Wait, how many days you’ve been celibate?”

I gave him a look, but still answer him anyway, “a week maybe, I’m not seeing anyone besides Krystal, well I’m busy too so I didn’t get the chance to meet her again, but we talk on the phone and texts, so that’s enough for now, we’re in this exclusive-to-each-other-but-not-a-girlfriends-yet phase.”

“That’s why I don’t want in a relationship, that’s one complicated I’ve ever heard.”

I shrugged, “I don’t mind, I’m willing to try with her, she’s different, if you look at her, she’s like this compose person, mature, calm, but if you talk to her and get to know her, she’s actually playful and a little bit childish. I feel like I want to protect her and take care of her.”

Eric jaw fell a bit, “Who are you? What are you doing to Amber?”

“Silly” I laugh, “but I’m serious”

“Am, do you know if you screw this up, you probably make your father lost a business partner and a friend.”

“And why would I screw this up?”

“Because it’s you” Eric answered me right away, I squinted my eyes try to look intimidating.

“Me? Should I get offended?”

He cackled, “well your record with girls not something your future wife wanted to know”

“She already knew it, somehow she didn’t care about it, I don’t know… I never asked her”

I’m shaking my head, “Uncle Jung and my dad are professional, besides, Krystal doesn’t involve in her family business yet, uncle Jung give her freedom to do what she wants to do. It’s Jessica who help their father running the business. Krystal can join when she’s ready or when she wants to.”

“You know a lot about her”

“Like I said my friend, we talked.”

“So, what’s your next plan?”

Truth is I don’t have any plan, I’m clueless about dating and courting someone, it’s been too long, and I’m afraid I’m gonna make a wrong move. “I don’t know, I let her decide.”

 


 

Amber POV

 

Saturday… I nervously waiting in my car, when I see Krystal walking towards my car I jump out and open the passenger door for her.

“Is your parents at home?” I ask her while we busy putting on seatbelts.

“No, they’re not. Why?”

“I want to ask their permission to ask you out”

She chuckled, “Well, if there were someone at home then I definitely asked you to come in, but I was alone, Sica unnie went out with Yuri unnie, my parents they went to my cousin’s home.”

“So you’re alone?” she nodded, “You know, staying at home like you originally planned for the weekend sounds like a good idea, we can order pizza and watching movies”

Krystal laugh, I like hearing her laugh, “You just want to be alone with me”

“Of course I want to be alone with you”

“I’m concern with my safety”

I feigned hurt, “Well princess, I don’t bite… Unless… you’re into that thing.”

She slapped my arm, “Just drive the car Amber”

“Alright, so, where to?”

Krystal guided me to a restaurant where she and Jessica like to eat, “I want to eat meat” she said while busy scanning the menu, and what princess want is what princess get.

I’m glad that’s she’s comfortable around me, well that’s what I thought. Because she said what she really wants, simple example likes what she wanted to eat. Previously when I asked a girl what she wants to eat, they only order salads. What’s with the salads? Were they really like vegetables that much? Or want to watch their figure? I don’t know.

 “So, how’s the art gallery? You got the project?”, krystal seems a little surprise that I remember what she told me a week ago

“Yes, I’ve been working on it, they like the concept, and then they give me a month to finish the design, after that we can rebuild the place.” She explained a lot about her work what she’s gonna do with the gallery, she went on and on about the colors, the tiles, curtain, window. She so passionate about her work, and she told me she already have an upcoming project after the gallery. At least I know she’s not some spoiled rich kids who only know how to spent money without working on it.

“I’m sorry” she said suddenly, “You probably bored hearing about work”

“No, no it’s ok, I like hearing you talk, I don’t mind if its work related, beside I’m interested to hear all of it.”

Krystal seems like focus to see something behind me, her eyebrows scrunch up, before I can turn around to see what she sees, someone close both of my eyes with their hands. I know these hands belong to a girl because they’re so soft and slender.

 

Please…

 

Just please…

 

Not one of my flings. Things gonna be awkward with Krystal here.

 

 

 

“Guess who?” I relieve hearing her voice, well at least not my fling.

“Sulli”

“Ah you’re no fun” she said while releasing my eyes. I can see Krystal questioning look, because now sulli is hugging me.

“Sulli”, “Let go off me.”

Sulli is now grinning ear to ear, “I’m sorry, Sulli this is Krystal, Krystal this is Sulli my cousin” they exchange bows, suddenly sulli pull the extra chair out and sit her-self down. I try to give her a warning glare, but sulli didn’t care. I can see Krystal try to contain her laugh.

“Sulli what are you doing?”  I said through my gritted teeth

“Eating, you order a lot, you sure you can finish it?”

“Why don’t you eat at your table?”

“Well…” she try to answer me with her mouthful, “at first I want to order take-out for my lunch, but I saw you… and then, thanks for the invitation.”

“No one’s inviting you Sulli, and we’re in the middle of something.”

Sulli look confuse at first, then suddenly she realize something and she gasped, “Is this a date?” she sounded genuinely shocked.

“Well it was…” I deadpan.

Krystal just laughed, “It’s ok, just eat, we order a lot anyway.”

“Hyung I’m sorry, I didn’t know, Krystal-shi I’m sorry.”

The whole situation is just weird and absurd, I hope Krystal didn’t get offended by Sulli. But then its Krystal who hold Sulli, “It’s fine, really. I ordered ice cream for desserts, and I need someone to share with.” Sulli eyes lit up at the idea.

“Hey, we supposed to be share the ice cream” I protested

“You said you can’t eat mango, so you can order yours”

“Hyung” Sulli call me, “where did you find her? I like her.”

“I like her too, she’s a keeper” Krystal definitely heard us because she’s smiling and blushing too.

“Hyung…”

“What Sulli?” I answered her while staring at Krystal.

“Stop eye-ing her, I try to eat here.” Krystal just cackled hearing that. Sulli really ruined the moment.

 

After lunch we said goodbye to Sulli, krystal even ask for sulli’s number. They seem to get along really well. Krystal and I decide go to the shopping mall. Well it was Krystal’s idea not mine.

 

I walk the mall area carefully, I mean what if my business college, my acquaintance, or worst… my friends, see me in this state, I have a handful of shopping bags dangling on my arms, a bubble tea in my left hand and Krystal’s purse on my right hand. I’m Am-J Liu, I ain’t nobody’s servant, well except for this princess. And this princess is not finished yet.

 

“Hey, Krys… I’m tired, can we shopping another time? We already have a lot, I can’t carry more bags…”

“Well I said earlier let me help you carry the bags, but you refused because you said about gentleman-something…” she answered me absentmindedly while she walk further in the store, I just followed her around.

I glare at the clerk store when I heard they said I’m whipped. “What do you need?”

“I need a blouse, just one more, a formal looking, because next week I have a meeting”

I rolled my eyes, “You already have those…” I said while lifting my left arm showing her the shopping bags.

Krystal eyeing the bags and tilted her head, “I think the color doesn’t suit, I need something darker.”

I groaned, “Hey, you said, you won’t complaint.”

“It’s been 3 hours, baby my feet are giving up…” the term of endearment slips out but I think Krystal don’t mind, or doesn’t notice, I don’t know.

We reach the corner of the store, “it’s a normal time for shopping, then tell me how many times you spent for shopping?”

“None”, Krystal just give me a look not believing it, “seriously, I have my personal shopper, and they know my size, my colors, my favorite fabrics, my chosen brands.”

“Where’s the fun in that?” Krystal ignored me, and I pout, and sulking, like a seven years old.

Next thing I know is…

Krystal approached me. Does she sway her hips a little bit? And why she’s smirking right now. I don’t know whether to run or stay. And then…

She cornered me.

I look around, well no one is around, and the clerks are at the front. At least if something happen, no one is accusing me of molesting a girl in public area, not my fault tho’ because she looks so tempting right now...

What’s wrong with my mind? I mentally face palmed.

I gulped. Her face is so close I can feel her breath around my lips, and she has this predatory look on her eyes. She grabbed the back of my neck, our lips just millimeters apart. She tilted her head and smile innocently, “Give me twenty minute, and then we can go home” she said half whispering with her sultry voice.  My heart beating so fast I can almost hear it. I thought she was going to kiss me.

All that I can do is nod…

I’m whipped.

 

And then she left me again, continue her browsing.

Such a tease. Well but it’s work, I forget about my fatigue.

Krystal keep her promise, twenty minutes later we finished shopping. I drive her home, along the way Krystal look calm she’s humming and singing along with the radio.

While me… I’m a complete mess. How does a simple action can make a huge impact on me? I don’t know. I mean what krystal did at the store, it was nothing compare to what other girls ever did to me. But now, I’m having a metal break down.

I slow down the car when I see her house. I see krystal unbuckled her seatbelt.

“Amber”

“Huh?” I turn around, not realizing that her face is so close now.

And…

She kiss me.

I always thought I’m the one who will initiate our first kiss. But boy I was wrong.

Our kiss is gentle, just lips meeting lips. And her lips just like what I imagine. And so worth the wait. I don’t mind going shopping for hours if I get the kiss in exchange.

I return the kiss and hold her head still. Her hand in my shoulder tries to steadying herself. I’m enjoying it.

When I try to deepen the kiss, she pulled back.

I think my brain not functioning properly now. Krystal kissed me. That’s like a mantra chanting in my mind.

I still in daze, not hearing what she was saying all I see she’s smiling too, until I saw her open the door and leave my car, and me? I’m still grinning like an idiot.

 


 

A.n:

Well that's the capter, thanks for reading.

There you go... the kiss. Are they official? N'ah i dont think so, Amber still have to work a little harder next time ;)