Chapter 5

You Don't Owe Her Anything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul waits for Wheein on the front steps of the precinct. She gazes slightly at her watch to check if she got the time right before a panting puppy pushed the doors open.

 

"Sorry I'm late Detective Moon! I ran here as fast as I could," Wheein heaved, with her hands on her knees.

 

"You have got to stop apologizing," she chuckled, "plus you're not even late. I'm just early."

 

 

-An half hour before the dinner-

"Hyejin. HYEJIN. HYE-JINNNN!," the puppy screamed as she was running down the stairs to see her beloved friend.

 

"What? Did you favorite pencil break again? Cause I swear it's just you shading harder than most people I know."

 

"No, listen. Detective Moon asked me to dinner."

 

Hyejin almost dropped the evidence in her hand, mouth wide open, and eyes were ten times .

 

"Detective Moon. As in Moon Byulie. As in the girl you've been crushing on?"

 

"Yes, yes, wait what? I'm not crushing on her. What are you talking about?"

 

"Oh please, we've been best friends for a very long time, I know when you have a crush."

 

" I find her very attractive," the puppy said in defense, "but wouldn't you? I mean just look at her. Her tall slender figure, that blonde hair with bangs that perfectly frame her face, perfect features-"

 

"Alright, I'm gonna stop you there before I puke.  But good for you. I don't know how but you managed to snag the stone-faced detective. So how did this happen?"

 

"So as luck would have it, Moonbyul's team just so happen to need a sketch, so I got to work with her today! And then at the end she just asked me. What does this mean Hyejinie? Also do I look okay? What about my outfit? Do you think she'll like me?"

 

Hyejin pressed her finger up against Wheein's lips before she could keep rambling, "Hush puppy, you need to breathe and relax. You look fine. And since you clearly don't have a crush on her, it's just a regular dinner with a co-worker. Don't get so worked up."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter