Chapter 3

You Don't Owe Her Anything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite Hyejin's warning, Wheein proceeds to make conversation with the Detective, or at least try to. Moonbyul did keep her promise, slowly returning to the recluse she is to finish up the massive amount of paperwork assigned. However in the short span of two weeks she was caught up and granted permission to work in the field. During that time, Wheein never failed to greet the girl every morning while getting coffee.

 

"Good morning! How was your day?"

"Good morning! Did you do anything fun last night?"

"Good morning! How was your weekend?"

 

Moonbyul was baffled on the amount of energy the shorter girl had in the morning. Even after coffee, she could not bring herself to be as chipper as the puppy-like girl. For the first week, Moonbyul had tried her best to answer tersely and not really elicit further conversations, but all of the second week she couldn't help but secretly looking forward to see the bright dimpled smile of Wheein in the mornings.

 

"So first day back on the field, how ya feeling champ?"

 

"Excited. Nervous. Scared. Excited."

 

"You said that already," Wheein heartily laughed before patting the taller girl's shoulder for comfort, "you'll be great out there! I know it!"

 

Moonbyul smiles and ruffles the dimpled girl's hair, "Thanks Wheepup, I need that."

 

Wheein felt her face get hot at the sudden contact and quickly took a sip out of her coffee to hide the red. Being the klutz she was, the puppy accidently burned her tongue in the process, almost cursing as a result.

 

Moonbyul chuckled as she headed towards the fridge to grab something, "I've got some yogurt, it'll help with the burn."

 

Wheein, still grimacing at the sharp pain her tongue has, didn't notice that Moonbyul had opened the yogurt and already had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter