Chapter 1

You Don't Owe Her Anything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The standing silhouette of the woman under the warm sunrise places her cup down on the table creating just enough noise to catch the attention of the other. The woman slowly ran her long slim fingers through her ashy blonde bangs and cleared before speaking.

 

"I'm ready."

 

The latter shook his head in response, "You don't owe her anything, you don't have to go."

 

"I don't have to do anything, I want to."

 

"Moonbyul, I don't want you to go through this again, not when you're not even fully healed."

 

Moonbyul simply ignores the comment and starts getting ready to leave. Rummaging through her drawers to find her keys and sunglasses.

 

"I know you can hear me, you can't just ignore me and leave."

 

"Watch me." Moonbyul slams the door shut without looking back.

 

-

 

"Welcome back Detective!"

"Long time no see!"

"Glad to see you back on the team."

 

Moonbyul smiled as she greeted each of them with similar wishes before heading to the Chief's office.

The chief couldn't help but smirk when seeing his favorite detective back and motioned her to sit in the chair opposite him.

 

"So you're back, how's it feel?"

 

"Great actually, I can't wait to get started again."

 

"Woah, hold on tiger, can't get you back in the field just yet."

 

Moonbyul grimaces, "What do you mean by that sir?"

 

"What I mean is, you just got back and are technically not qualified to enter the field again." The Chief takes out a stack of papers before continuing, "You've got paperwork, loads. So start now."

 

Moonbyul gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter