Thank You my son

Only You

I do feel angry and dissapointed like what eomma stated in her letter. So, eomma is in love with Kim Jonghyun, her friend's father. As i am deep in tought i don't realise that appa is standing behind me.

"So, now you now son." i am so surprised when appa suddenly talk to me.

"My gosh appa, please change that habit of yours." i turn to look at appa. He looks somehow sad. "Appa, you know about eomma?"

Appa taakes the picture on the bedside and sit next to me. He graces the picture and looks at eomma's picture. "I know son. I know everything." He sighs.

"I know that she had someone she love, but since your mom was already 32 so halmoni arrange her marriage with me. i was so curious about her and i investigated everything about her before we get married. then i found out about Kim Jonghyun." Appa stands up and walks to the cupboard. He takes an envelope and give it to me.

i open the envelope and look at the pictures one by one. "Appa, this..."

"That are the pictures that i get from investigating your mom. i know that they met everyday before she got married, once a month they will go to a hotel and sometimes they went to other ciity."

"But why you never talk about it with eomma? she...she is cheating and... she..."

"Look at the pictures son, when she is with him, she smiled happily and i see that they love each other. like what she said people will think that she is a homewrecker. i think that way at first also. i think that she is just a cheap woman. but then son, do you realize that your mom didn't even force Kim Jonghyun to divorce to get married with her?" I shake my head. "She never did. Your mom knew that Jonghyun prioritize his family and she wanted her relationship with him last forever. No matter how hard it takes, she doesn't mind to be the second for him and she was more than willing to sacrificed her most precious thing for him. she sacrifried her time. after they were together, your mom refuse to see other man like what he said, until your halmoni forced her to get married with me."

Appa wipes the tears that rolling down from his eyes. "I know also that you aren't my own son. Don't look so surprised son. Don't you think it's weird? on the 7th month of our marriage, you were born. she told me that you're born premature but you weren't look like a premature baby. I asked the doctor and from there i knew that you were not a premature baby."

"If you know appa, why you still accept eomma and said nothing?" 

Appa looks at the box."Because i love your eomma son. though she did something bad, but i know the reason why. i do ever think to divorce her, but then who will be there when Kim Jonghyun can't be 24hr with her? Who will console her when Kim Jonghyun passed away one day? no one son... she has no one to lean on son. your eomma never told anything about her relationship to anyone. i am simply just want to make her know that i will always be here for her. tough she never know it."

"Then after you know this and you still foolishly in love with eomma?"

"Son, do you remember when your mom looked so sad?" i nod "That time was when he passed away. i saw her crying silently, your mom is really good at it, she looked so fragile. 6 months after Kim Jonghyun passed away, She went to Busan, then i opened the box and read her letter. i realize that i never have chance to get her heart. i am amazed with her love for him. so pure, so strong yet so painful. I want her to teaches you and Taeyeon about love, i want both of you to have a love like her. Eventhough she loved Kim Jonghyun but she never abandoned her duty as a wife and as a mom. that make me fall even deeper for her."

i look at appa, his expression hurt my heart. Appa then look at me "Son, please don't hate your eomma, you are her treasure. she never have a fairy tale love story, if you hate her then it will add scar in her heart. She...she... is a fragile woman. she may looks like a strong woman, but she is not. i saw it son, how frustrated she is when Kim Jonghyun passed away. i can't do anything to make her happy as she didn't show how she feel. i heard her calling his name is her sleep. i admit son...i am a fool. but at least i provide something that Kim Jonghyun can't. I provide her place to rest, shoulder to cry on, a partner that will take care of her until the end of time, a lot...really i provide a lot."

"But eomma never loves you appa!"

"I don't care son. As long as she stay with me i am happy. i don't need her to return my feeling. I learn this from your mom, she also happy only to see Kim Jonghyun. I regret i ever have negative thinking to her, but i don't regret that i ever married with an amazing woman."

"But..appa..eomma...she..." i look down to hide my tears.

"One day you will understand son. now rest and i will tidy everything." Appa then close his room door. I sit on my bed and look at the pictures that appa shown me before. True, eomma looks so happy with him, not only eomma, both of them did. I feel pity to appa for his one sided love but i pity eomma more.

the next day, me and appa go to see eomma. we burned the box already. after we arrive there we then we pray and appa put a jar beside eomma's ashes."Eunsook a... here i put Kim Jonghyun next to you. I hope that in the next life both of you will really together." Appa smiles at me "I put Kim Jonghyun's picture there, so they stay together." 

"Appa, can i please talk to eomma by myself?" Appa nod and leave me. i look at eomma's picture. "Eomma, i don't hete you or Jonghyun appa. at first i can't forgive you for lying to appa and me all these time, but then appa told me everything. I am really the fruit of your love with Jonghyun appa right? i remembered since i was little there was always an uncle who talk to me before uncle Jinki fetch me, he looked like Jonghyun appa, the way he saw me, seems like longing to hold me. Eomma, i do hope you will really together with Jonghyun appa. I love you eomma and Jonghyun appa."

i turn to return to the parking lot then i hear 2 voices telling me "Thank You my son, we love you." . i turn my head and slightly i think i see eomma and Jonghyun appa smile happily.

 

"True love does exsist my son"