I am Her(???)

Give Me One Reason Not To Kill You {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

In the middle of working on this there was a combo of health issues and writer's block so sorry for the delay in update.


"That witch did a number on you, that's for sure," Hansol muttered under his breath as he unscrewed a small bottle of holy water.

"She was a witch?" Jeonghan flinches once a drop of holy water accidentally falls into his wound. It resulted in a smack to the back of Hansol's head from Wonwoo, who quietly complains about how clumsy he was.

The youngest childishly sticks his tongue out at Wonwoo before presuming to carry on. He pours the holy water over talismans that Wonwoo had set up to surround the six of them, the talismans giving a faint glow once Hansol finishes. It was supposedly a warning border to any supernatural beings outside of the allignment just in case Jeonghan wounds up trapped again before they know it.

"A witch with border magic to be more exact. Essentially she created a borderline where when you passed a specific part of a track course- a.k.a. the finish line- you entered into her world, an artificial dimension that I'm guessing is what she created herself. Not only did she create a borderline there, but she created a borderline at the school entrance too and connected it to a pseudo-school from a parallel universe. Since Junhui and I came late to school and have a stronger sense of identifying magic, we were able to connect the pieces together and free you guys from the dimension with some complicated talisman and holy water and crosses work," Wonwoo explained, to which everyone kinda stared at him.

"Okay, you can't just throw a box of info at these guys and expect them to understand without background knowledge," thankfully Junhui spoke up.

Wonwoo just looked more irritated at that as he took a deep breath to calm down and explain, "A witch with border magic has the ability to create what's essentially a doorway between two completely different dimensions or universes- that's usually how monsters escape or get lost from their respective universe and enter the human world just for your information. Basically she's so powerful that she made a universe-ception or whatever the hell you want to call it."

Everyone goes 'ohhh' in understanding at that as Wonwoo sighs. He pulls out another talisman from his bag, "Give me your leg."

"But that's a talisman and didn't holy water almost kill me so why-?"

"JUST GIVE ME YOUR F***ING LEG HANNIE!"

And Jeonghan immediately shuts up before lifting his injured leg up to Wonwoo. The long-haired boy squeezes his eyes closed, thinking that it'll be painful until he opens them when Wonwoo gently takes his leg and places it onto his lap. The exorcist informs quickly, "It's a talisman that heals any possible damage that's caused by magic. Technically the talisman is suppose to hurt if used on monsters but my family changed the inscribing process so that it could also heal monsters without hurting them."

Jeonghan is stunned by how caring Wonwoo sounded as he lightly wraps the talisman around his wound, the slip automatically folding to fit the shape of his ankle. When he meets Wonwoo's gaze, he's oddly met by a small smile and warm gaze. He feels a sense of nostalgia at the expression instead of surprise for some reason.

"Uh- is no one gonna question about Wonwoo-hyung calling Jeonghan-hyung 'Hannie'?"

The peaceful atmosphere that Jeonghan felt was immediately broken by Mingyu as he could practically sense the glares of burning jealousy from the others. Wonwoo scoffs off the question with, "He's... my childhood friend."

Everyone stares at the exorcist in confusion whereas Jeonghan- who had the context- immediately asks, "W-Wait, wasn't your childhood friend a girl? A-And dead?"

Wonwoo sighs at that, mumbling, "Well I thought so too, but there are way too many coincidences with you and her. Both of you use 'han', are most likely a half-blooded witch, have the same interactions with the same witch, and..." he pauses and clears his throat, "Y-Yeah... there's too many points to not make it true..."

"But even if we were childhood friends, I have no recollection of you. I don't think Hansol or Jisoo have any recollections of you either, right?" he turns to the two, to which Hansol shrugs and Jisoo awkwardly laughs.

If the laugh didn't give it away then it was definitely the feather that fell from underneath his shirt and jacket.

"Jiso-"

"I really can't tell this part or else I'll quite literally lose all of my feathers!" Jisoo spoke quickly, making Jeonghan sigh.

"It's fine, leave him alone, I can explain with my current knowledge of your situation for now," Wonwoo sighs again as he places Jeonghan's leg back onto the ground. "Hann- Ahem, Jeonghan, we were neighbors and I'm not sure as to why you've lost your memories about something as simple as that, but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with your mother."

Jeonghan feels a bit speechless at that. No matter how he the words turned in his head, he realized that he couldn't think of his mother's face, in fact, when he tried to focus, there was a woman who's entire head was scribbled out with blue and purple crayon. Quietly, he asks back, "My... mother...?"

"Your mother was a witch and your father was human. I didn't get as much information on her as I could because I was- well- a kid, but if I remember correctly, she liked to use her magic to grow purple roses. I guess it was an odd obsession she had- she was an odd woman in general considering she befriended her neighbors, even my family of exorcists who were trying to kill her after knowing about her existence." Wonwoo glances up to meet gazes with Jeonghan for a quick moment before looking down to again, "I'll just say for now that our families grew close and she entrusted me to protect you from any monsters that would try to harm you. That's actually all I can really say."

The rest look slightly confused, trying to understand this new piece of information before Junhui speaks up.

"That's a lie, isn't it?"

Jeonghan was surprised at how hostile Junhui appeared when he said that, the appearance rather unfitting knowing his personality. Yes Wonwoo and Junhui did fight often, but with Junhui there was always a slight light banter of a tone to his voice.

He turns back to Wonwoo and watches how the latter bites the bottom of his lip in contemplation, anxiety apparent with how he gripped his hand into a fist, knuckles turning white. The long-haired boy worried for him before Wonwoo takes a deep breath in and out.

"Jeonghan, you weren't suppose to be alive for the past ten years."