We're Literally Right by a Church

Give Me One Reason Not To Kill You {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Some serious stuff happens by the end o-o


Sunday came rolling by easier than Jeonghan thought it would: no more hidden mytchical creatures, no more chases (although Mingyu and Junhui seem to have plenty of problems with Wonwoo), and no more almost dying.

Sunday itself was the difference.

Because right when they went to mass on Sundays like usual, they met gazes with Wonwoo at the entrance of the church.

Immediately, Jeonghan went 'what the actual frick'.

Luckily the rest of the Chwe family didn't sense the extremely tense situation that dawned on the teenage boys, instead Mrs. Chwe patted Jeonghan on the head, saying, "Do you mind waiting outside? I know that you don't like attending mass."

"N-No problem..." Jeonghan looked away from Wonwoo, who was burning glares into him. Jisoo quickly noticed and voiced out, "Um- I think I'll skip today's mass and stay with Jeonghan." and so here were Jeonghan and Jisoo, sitting outside of church by a shady tree after Wonwoo decided to ignore them and head into the church.

"So do they know that you're my guardian angel?" he asked, to which Jisoo nodded.

"Do they also know that I know that they're exorcists and that 'mass' is codeword for excorcist training for certain churches?"

"Answering that actually goes against my contract so-"

Jeonghan groaned before curling up and dropping his head onto his knees, thinking, Is Wonwoo really telling the truth? Will I ever know the truth even, I mean, I can't even ask Jisoo without making him lose all of his feathers and be banished from heaven or something...

"So this is where paranoid-boy goes to exorcist school."

The long-haired boy blinked before turning and yelping while backing away into Jisoo as he was suddenly met face to face with Junhui and Mingyu. He stutters, "W-What are you guys doing here?!"

"Sundays are boring, so I decided to track you by your breath," Junhui shrugged nonchalantly.

"I just kinda followed him," Mingyu added on.

That was when the church doors decided to slam open with Hansol and Wonwoo glaring at each other as they marched out together.

"One on one?" Wonwoo asked.

"If weapons are allowed," Hansol replied back.

Wonwoo took out a paper charm before throwing it at the tree that Jeonghan and Jisoo were leaning on. The charm quickly stuck to the tree before quickly duplicating to cause a barrier around all of them and once the area went dark with the last charm finishing the barrier, the barrier went clear as though it didn't happen in the first place.

Hangyeol suddenly came out of the church and walked in a rush, fazing through Hansol. She looked anxious before realiation dawned on her, making her yell out, "Yah! You can't just call out a duel without the teacher's approval! Oppa! You better not be hurt once this invisibilty charm wears off!" she hesitantly back away, fazing through Hansol again before running into the church and closing the door.

"Okay, anyone mind telling me what the hell is going on?!" Jeonghan yelled, confused as to why or how any on this was happening.

That was where not-so-serious-but-comically-paranoid Hansol came back and pointed at Wonwoo, yelling, "This guy made fun of me because I can't make a proper invisibility charm! I mean come on, those things are complicated to write! He was also about to lie about you being a witch to the teacher-priest-guy!" before quickly ducking from a swing of a wooden sword and taking a dagger from that familiar strap that held a pocket full of daggers and begun to strike back.

"Huh, so this is what an exorcist duel is like," Mingyu murmured.

"Again, explanation please? And a proper one at that!" Jeonghan groaned in frustration.

"I don't know the full part to it, but basically an exorcist duel is used to determine the exorcist's next set of weapons, missions, or just for practice. I think this one was on the spur of the moment," Junhui explained.

An oh-so familiar wooden sword was suddenly thrown like a dart and Junhui barely missed the sword as it got pinned onto the tree, making the jiangshi yell, "Yah I could've died right there!" as Wonwoo now dueled with daggers against Hansol.

"Well it was either win against Hansol with it or kill you which would've been a win-win situation!" Wonwoo yelled back, to which Junhui took great offense towards.

"Wait so what counts as a win then?" Jeonghan asked worriedly, realizing that Hansol was beginning to lose as Wonwoo's attacks led to small cuts on the younger's hands.

"Usually it's just from knocking your opponent over, but right now I think it's emotions over strategy of attacks right now," Jisoo said, looking as nervous as Jeonghan.

They could only helplessly watch as they lashed against each other before Wonwoo ultimately slashed his daggers across span of the back of Hansol's hands, making the latter flinch as he dropped his daggers and was wide open to attacks. Hansol backed away from the first strike but ended up tripping and falling backwards. Before the second strike Jeonghan came.

He didn't think it through when he ran after Hansol dodged and he groaned in pain as he felt the sharp dagger being shoved into his shoulder. Tears blurred his vision from the pain, barely telling that everyone had shouted out and that even Wonwoo looked at him with wide, guilty eyes as he lets go of the handle as though he was just burnt. Jeonghan felt more weak than he thought he would as he fell, barely telling that Hansol had caught him from behind as everyone was anxiously yelling at him to try to stay awake.

But he couldn't.


"Would you leave me?"

... looked over to Jeonghan who swung his legs as they sat on the swings in the park by their houses. His eyes were wide open, asking, "Hannie...?"

"Ah, don't worry, I'm not gonna do anything dumb," Jeonghan laughed, making ... sigh in relief. In a dazed manner, Jeonghan looks up to the sky that was beginning to fuse with the hues of scarlet orange and fuchsia pink, "Mommy said that she might have to go away one day and I'll be by myself... I don't wanna be by myself..."

When he felt warmth covering his hand, he turned to see ... looking at him with a determined gaze, "I wouldn't leave you! I'd never leave you! I'll stay with you forever until the world ends!"

Jeonghan stared at him before smiling, "Thank you, I'll never forget that."