run and fall

the moon and the one who holds stars in his eyes
run and fall


“When are you free?”

 

Joshua turned his head that he almost got a whiplash because how dare this man ask him when is he, the Joshua Hong, free? Like, did he not get the hint that he’s not interested? This guy must have the nerves of steel to ask him.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“I said, when are you free?” the man dragged each word for emphasis; for good measure he thought.

 

“I think you’re missing the point here, sir” Joshua hissed

 

“Jun.”

 

“What?”

 

“My name is Jun” the man smirked

 

“I didn’t ask for it.”

 

“Well, I thought it’d be a good idea to say it.”

 

“Well clearly, it’s not.”

 

The man named Jun laughed heartily, not offended in the slightest. Joshua scoffed “this man even has the gall to laugh at him!”

 

“I really like you, you know?” Jun confessed with a sincere smile

 

Joshua blinked rapidly, mouth hanging open. He wasn’t prepared for that. Even if Joshua doesn’t like the jerk, it didn’t fail to make him feel flustered. “And wait, am I blushing? He’s smirking again…  Argh!”

 

“Just call me if you’re free.” He pulled a calling card inside his coat and handed it to Joshua, “see ya!”

 

Joshua nearly cringed when he said that with a wink. Looking at the card with a sigh 

 

“I won’t call him anyways” but Joshua tucked it inside his pocket, just because.

 


 

“Can you please stop following me like a stalker?”

 

“I am not following you. I am just observing.”

 

“It’s the same.”



“But you called a stalker.

 

Joshua pulled his phone away from his face to look at it in indignation, feeling offended even if the man has a point.

 

“Because it’s really creepy. I just want you out of my hair.” Joshua retorted, trying to save his face

 

“Then go out with me.”

 

Joshua felt a nerve pop. One… two… three… breathe.

 

“Will you stop if I agree?”

 

“Maybe.”

 

“It’s either a yes or a no or the deal is off.”

 

“Okay, geez…” Joshua was sure he heard him chuckle “it’s a no then.”

 

“Then bye.”

 

“W-wait! Hang on! That’s not fair!” Joshua heard the other man scream from the other side

 

“You said no, so it’s a no.”



“Then that means you didn’t even give me a choice at all!”

 

“Well, can’t blame me especially if you’re such a creep.”



And there he goes again, laughing heartily that made Joshua’s heart skip a bit. “What the hell is wrong with you, Hong?!”

 

Jun was mumbling something when Joshua's “okay” came

 

Joshua’s sure he heard Jun whisper “yes!!” (cheering like a kid who just got his present)

 

What are you doing, Hong Jisoo?

 

“But on one condition” Joshua added, the other line went quiet, waiting for him to drop the news

 

“I’ll be the one to pay.”

 

“Umm.. okay?”

 

“Then good. Don’t bring any money, got it?”

 

“Deal.”

 

Joshua ended the call with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

 


 

Jun looked at his smartphone like it grew a head, he’s pretty sure that the ‘love of his life’ agreed to eat dinner with him, and he even offered to pay for them! But that caught him off guard because one minute he’s being grumpy then next he’s being generous. Jun shrugged it off, too happy that he’ll finally get the opportunity to be with his self-proclaimed soulmate.

 

“I wanna see my adorable fluffball.” He squealed

 

Joshua felt a random chill running down his spine, alone in the comfort of his apartment.

 


 

“Order anything that you like.” Joshua smiled sweetly

 

“Sure.” Jun coolly replied

 

When Jun was busy looking at the menu, Joshua took the chance to observe the man in front of him. Jun is really good-looking, no doubt about that but the thing is, he’s pretty aware of that fact and he likes flaunting it. Joshua never liked men who thinks too highly of themselves, but for some reason, Joshua cannot fully dislike Jun. Maybe because there’s more to him that Joshua wouldn’t want to find out (because I have no time for this). Joshua looked at the way Jun smiles, and the way he looks at him, Joshua can only see one constant; there’s warmth. But Joshua will still forego his plan, no matter what!

 

I must do this. No backing out!

 


 

After eating a good meal in a five-star hotel, Joshua felt happy, too bad only one will go home happy.

 

“Jun?” said man looked at him, even if Joshua wants to get rid of a person, he never forgets his manners “will it be alright for me to go to the comfort room? Please wait for the bill for me, okay?”

 

Jun nodded innocently, smiling up to the man who’ll cast a misfortune on him

 

Don’t fall for his charm. You wanted to do this so do it!

 

“Okay, thanks.”

 

Joshua walked towards the direction of the comfort room, he casted one last glance at Jun before sealing his fate. Sorry.

 


 

When Joshua managed to get out of the hotel through a window, he internally pats himself for pulling off his stunt perfectly.

 

When he’s about to take one step away from the said hotel, an overly sweet voice halted his movements.

 

“I knew you’re about to ditch me, Shua-yah.”

 

Joshua gulped,

 

“I-it’s not what you think, J-jun.” Joshua stuttered, slowly turning his head towards Jun’s general direction “I forgot my wallet so… yeah.” He lied.

 

“Well, you could’ve told me earlier so that you didn’t have to go through all of that trouble” Jun cooingly said “I would never forgive myself if anything bad happened to you!”

 

“Well, I’m fine…” Joshua whispered (in shame)

 

“You don’t need to worry though, I already paid everything.” Jun casually informed him

 

At that, Joshua looked up to see Jun’s reaction and what he found there made him feel more ashamed.

 

Why is he still looking at me with such warmth? I mean, I did something awful.

“I’m sorry… but wait, how were you able to pay it?”

 

Joshua was honestly shocked because he’s pretty sure that the food they ate was really expensive and also, he told him not to bring any money, so how?

 

“Ah that. I used my black card.”

 

Jun said that information as if it’s not a big deal, Joshua’s eyes grew wide as the plates they’ve just used.

 

“But I told you my condition, right?”

 

“It’s not ‘money’ so I am good.” Jun’s smile fell and his expression became sheepish “but I wasn’t actually planning to let you pay for our dinner because I wouldn’t want you to go out of your way to treat me who only pestered you for weeks.” (And there’s no way in hell I would let the love of my life pay for any dinners!)

 

Joshua’s sure that his heart skipped a beat. This is bad.

 

How is it possible for a man to remain kind towards a jerk? (Yes, Joshua’s admitting that he was the jerk here)

 

“I am really sorry, Jun.”

 

“Don’t be.” How can he still genuinely smile at him? (Joshua’s punching himself internally)

“How can I make it up to you?”

 

Jun visibly brightened at this

 

“Will you go out with me? For real? I’ll be the one to pay though.” Jun offered

 

“Okay.”

 

It was then decided that Joshua’s bound to fall for Jun, can’t fight their destiny because apparently, Jun has been calling him his ‘soulmate’ since day one. It didn’t bother him he thought.


E N D


A/N: MERRY CHRISTMAS! I am sorry for the lack of JunShua.. I am experiencing writer's block but I tried anyways. This is really not that good since there are a lot of open ends. XD And I didn't check if there are any errors (my dad wants me to sleep already)

Let's just say Joshua just wants to not like someone and it happens that Jun is the victim. Jun is actually a chaebol and Joshua failed to look at the calling card properly just because.