Promise

Promise (MyungJong)

All these things have happened through out the years. We have laughed a lot, followed our dreams. A lot of things have chanced. Sunggyu has moved on with his singing careers, Hoya has tried the luck by dancing. Woohyun is together with his parents at their restaurant, Dongwoo and Sungyeol, no one knows where they went. Myungsoo and SungJong have moved together and have been living together since Myungsoo turned 28. Infinite is gone, but their dream was to live together, maybe get a family together.

Myungsoo looks at the all the pictures they have collected through out the years, it has been an amazing time. He smiles as he looks at one of the photos Dongwoo took of himself. “Do you remember SungJong? Do you remember Dongwoo?” He laughed, “We use to make fun of him”. SungJong makes a noise, moving around in the bed. Myungsoo move the chair closer so SungJong can look at the photos. “No I don’t” he says and Myungsoo touch the back of SungJong’s head. “Can you please tell me who you are again?” SungJong ask. Myungsoo nods “I am Myungsoo, your boyfriend” He answer. He do this everyday, wake up everyday and has to explain who he is. “Ohh yeah, right” SungJong says and lay down again. “Hmm I don’t remember having a boyfriend, but you seems nice” He says and Myungsoo nods “Thanks. Do you remember what the doctors told you SungJong? You got Alzheimers, the illness there causes problems with memory, thinking and behaviors” He explains. SungJong nods “Now I do” He says and laying his hands over the duvet “Tell me a story… What have we done together?”. Myungsoo think a bit “Do you remember the band Infinite” He asks, SungJong shake his head. “Infinite is a band there has been formed in 2010 by Woollim Entertainment. The group members were me, you, Dongwoo, Sungyeol, Hoya, Sunggyu and Woohyun. We where all very good friends” he explains “Really, we where?” SungJong asks. Myungsoo nods “How did we meet?” He asks. Myungsoo hold his hand and smiles to him “Let me tell you everything about us”.

 

Flashback:

 

It’s SungJong’s 26 years old birthday, everyone is ready for holding this amazing party. SungJong is out with someone, a person he very much like. Myungsoo and SungJong are out on a date or SungJong don’t know it’s a date, yet. They eat out on a barbecue restaurant. “So are you okay with Infinite has been… You know… Gone” Myungsoo asks SungJong. SungJong respond by nodding “Well… no I am sad of course, but… We can’t do much about it. It’s about time, now everyone is going to the army anyway” He says. Myungsoo lean forward and hold his hand. SungJong blush hard and looks away “Myungsoo what… What are you doing?” He asks shyly, but Myungsoo don’t react on it. He lean in closer, to touch SungJong’s cheek “I want to tell you something” He says. Then he place his arm on his own thigh and starts talking “I want you as mine SungJong… I mean… Everyone needs their own lives now and even we are maybe still friends, we are still separating… I don’t want our lives to separate. I want you as mine forever. I want you to call me your boyfriend, even one day… Husband” He says. SungJong just sit there and don’t know what to say. “Myungsoo I… I….” he says and looks down on the meat there is being fried. “I want you to be mine as well… But… I didn’t knew you felt the same for me” He says and Myungsoo laughs “I have known every since you started to like me back in 2012” He responded, blushing a bit himself. “Please SungJong, be mine” he says. SungJong lean forward and hold his hand “I want to be yours” he says and Myungsoo get his other hand up from underneath the table. They hold both hands around the food and smiles to each other. Then Myungsoo lean closer, kissing him.

As they come home the rest of the group is there to hold a very large party for them. The next year SungJong and Myungsoo have got their own house. Their own house with a beautiful garden.  SungJong and Myungsoo is both male models now and earning commensurate with salary. They are living a great life and trying to get an education as well, going to school. They both are happy together, traveling around the world. Then they visit England, walking around in London, seeing BigBen. As they come home and put their bags on the floor, Myungsoo lift SungJong up on his lap. He holds the skinny and younger boys , pressing him closer. “Myungsoo not now, we have already done yesterday” SungJong . “Yes, but… I just can’t get you out of my head” he says, “Neither can he”. SungJong laughs, looking down on his lovers bugle. “Damn you” he says, being laid down on the couch in the living room. Then Myungsoo pull out a small box and kneel down beside the couch. SungJong sit up, looking at his lover. “Ohh no… Myungsoo Noooo” he says and laughs happy. He gets tears in his eyes and waves his hands in a very gay-way. “Lee SungJong. I promise I will honor you, love you, takes care of you forever and ever and ever. You are the only one I want and I wish to spend the rest of my life with you” he says and smiles lovely. He opens the box, showing a diamond ring “Will you marry me?” He asks. “How did you afford that?” SungJong asks and laughs. Myungsoo smile back to him, waiting for an answer “Yes, of course, yes” SungJong says and kiss Myungsoo hard.

The weeding day is a great day. Myungsoo has his whole family with him, together with SungJong’s. Their friends are here too. Myungsoo stands by the priest and Woohyun is by his right hand. SungJong walks up the church aisle with his father, and then walks up beside Myungsoo. They both wear suits and ties. SungJong has a butterfly instead. The priest start his speech, SungJong and Myungsoo are looking at each other from time to time. “Then I ask you Kim Myungsoo. Will you take Lee SungJong as your husband?” The priest asks and looks at Myungsoo. “I will” Myungsoo says and smiles to SungJong “Then I ask you Lee SungJong. Will you take Kim Myungsoo as your husband?”. SungJong looks at Myungsoo with tear in his eyes “I will” he says. “Then I declare you for husbands. You may kiss the groom” The priest says and move his head toward SungJong. Myungsoo and SungJong stand in front of each other and their lips touch each other in lovely ways. The crowd stands up and clap happy, some are even crying. Infinite are jumping and starting to sing their own song. Myungsoo and SungJong laughs, then walks down the church aisle. They stand outside and Myungsoo lift SungJong up in bridal position. People are taking pictures and of course families wants pictures. As they get home they just get through the door, then Myungsoo starts kissing his husband “I love you so much and you look so wonderfully” Myungsoo says. SungJong stands close and kiss him back “I love you even more”.

As time went by their friends are getting their own lives and their own isn’t to bad either. They are really happy, until one day that SungJong gets into hospital. He is laying in a bed, because he has been blacking out a lot. It’s only small things, but it’s still there. SungJong sits nervous in the bed, together with Myungsoo. The doctor walks into the room and gives the couple a friendly smile “Lee SungJong. We have been scanned your brain and we can see signs of Alzheimers” The doctor says sad. “But isn’t that only old people there get that?” Myungsoo asks. SungJong is all stiff and can’t even talk. “No, unfortunately not. We have no idea how it got to that, but we are very sorry” he says. SungJong get tears in his eyes “Isn’t there something we can do?” Myungsoo mostly yell and stands up fast. “Please doctor, help us” Tears roll down his cheeks, but he knows the truth. He knows what’s going to happen. He looks at his lover and hug him hard “We will help you with everything we can, but there is nothing to do” The doctor says. “We haven’t found a cure yet, but we are still looking”. “How long do I have left?” SungJong ask, while crying. “A couple of years” The doctor answers. “No, no, no” Myungsoo says, sitting down and holding his hands in front of his eyes. SungJong sits on the edge of the bed, touching his lover’s hair “Don’t be sad Myungsoo, please” he beg, but is crying himself. “Hold around me please” He nods to the doctor, to tell him to leave. They hold each other and kiss each other. “I never want anyone else then you” Myungsoo says “You have to promise me something” SungJong interrupt. “Promise me that you will let yourself feel sad. You will cry, you will miss me, you can do what you need to do, but… Please… Please move on one day. Get a new boyfriend, get a new life. Please don’t loose everything you have because of me, please” he beg. Even Myungsoo is so sad and lost, he would wish the same for SungJong. He nods and kisses his lover’s cheek “I promise”.

 

The next few years have been okay. It has been up and down, something he has to say things more then once, but it’s. They still kiss, make love and do everything a couple needs to do, unless…. They are planning the funeral. SungJong’s parents are helping, even they are not happy about it of course. They are crying every time they see him, but try to make his life as normal as possible. Myungsoo and SungJong have just been on Hawaii and have just come back. They have some great holydays and SungJong’s life the past year has been more meaningfully then the past 10 years. He has told all of his friends from Infinite and everyone he has ever meet that they have made him to who he is today. Then the young boy falls on his back one day and has been housebound for the past 4 month. The doctors say that he needs help with everything and that’s what Myungsoo has been doing. They don’t have anymore, but he never think about that anymore, only that his lover is laying at home and can’t even wash himself. He has got a housekeeper and someone to look after him, while Myungsoo is at work. He needs help with number two and eating. He starts loosing memories and don’t even know who his own parents are. Now Myungsoo has to explain to him everything and sometimes it’s harder then others. He don’t know who his lover is anymore, he don’t remember him like this. SungJong is different, he don’t even remember himself, but Myungsoo still love him so much.

 

End of Flashback

 

Myungsoo still sits beside SungJong. “Of course I still love you so much. We have gone through so many things SungJong. We have seen so many things and done so many things. I love you more then anyone else and I want you to stay with me forever. Of course that can never happen the way I wish to” he says sad. SungJong hold harder on Myungsoo’s hand, making him look into his eyes. “I know I have loved you and will you keep your promise?” SungJong says. Myungsoo smiles lovely “I loved you too and yes… Yes I will keep my promise” he says and dry his tears away from his own cheeks. He lay down beside SungJong and let SungJong’s head lay on Myungsoo’s shoulder. Myungsoo nuzzle his hair “You know, maybe… Maybe you could get better. Maybe the doctors find a cure or something” he says and giggles. “What do you think….” He looks down on him “SungJong?” He asks, moving his upperbody. “SungJong” Myungsoo sits up in the bed, touching his lovers face. SungJong’s body is completely lifeless, it isn’t moving unless Myungsoo carry it around. “SungJong, SungJong, SungJong” He yells, cries and shake him wild “DON’T LEAVE ME SUNGJONG”. 

........................................................................................................................................................................................

Hope you liked it, even it's really sad <3 Thanks for reading