Worry

Musings

'Make sure to eat lunch.'

'Rest once in a while.'

'Did you have your dinner yet? '

'Do not skip your meals.'

Reading Taekwoon's text messages, Wonshik can't help but sigh. His lover had been sending him messages almost every hour. He had been spending two consecutive nights on his studio, writing, composing and producing songs for VIXX' next single album. Today was his third and maybe not his last. The tiredness, lack of sleep and stress was piling up. He didn't need more of Taekwoon's nagging.

'Will you come home tonight?'

After reading Taekwoon's last message, Wonshik decided to switch off his phone. He needed to focus. The faster he worked and be done with this, the better. If there was an emergency, they knew where to find him or they can call the company.

Maybe not even an hour had passed, Wonshik heard the door opening but the rapper didn't even acknowledge the person entering his humble studio.

'Wonshik-ah...'

'What is it, Taekwoon?' 

The two had agreed to drop honorrifics when they were alone.

'I am bringing dinner. The boys ordered Chinese take-out. You should eat.' Taekwoon walked closer to Wonshik's work table, a plastic of take-out on one hand.

'Later.'

Wonshik answered, still focused on his work computer.

'But it is already past 10, Wonshik. What did I tell you about skipping meals?'

'I said I would eat later. I am still working on something.' 

'Fine. But be sure to eat this.' Taekwoon placed the plastic of take-out on the sofa accross Wonshik's work table. 'Will you come home tonight?'

'Probably not.'

'But you've been working and sleeping here for three days already! You should come home to get proper sleep. I doubt that you've been sleeping comfortably here.'

'I'll come home when I am done working on this song. You can go back first'

'But, Wonshik, you need to rest! I am sure the company would not mind if you go home tonight to get proper sleep!'

'Damn it, Taekwoon!' Wonshik turned his office chair to face the elder. 'Just go home, okay?! I will eat when I feel hungry! I will go home when I am done with this! How hard it is to understand that? I am not a child anymore who needs someone to take care of him! Go home and leave me alone!'

Taekwoon stared at him with wide-eyes. The elder can count in one hand the times Wonshik shouted at him like this.

'I-I'm sorry. I'll leave now.' The elder ran and left the studio.

Wonshik can only curse in frustration. The second Taekwoon left his studio, he regretted shouting at the elder. His lover did not deserve this. He would apologize later. He needed to finish this one song then aplogize.

Returning to his work, Wonshik tried his best to focus. But almost three hours had passed, he had zero progress. Taekwoon would not leave his thoughts. Deciding that maybe it was best to come home tonight, he grabbed his stuff and headed home.

The lights were already off when he arrived their dorm. Going straight to his and Taekwoon's room, he saw his lover already sleeping soundly, laying down on his side. He entered the room quietly and prepared to go to bed.

Walking to their shared bed, Wonshik slipped carefully inside the comforter, pulling the elder closer, Taekwoon's back on his chest, and wrapped his arms tightly around him.

'Hmmmm... Wonshik.'

'I'm sorry for earlier... I'm sorry.' Wonshik whispered his apology on the elder's nape.

'Hmmmm we'll talk later. Sleep.'

But Wonshik didn't have to apologize. Taekwoon had already forgiven him as Wonshik felt his lover's fingers intertwine with his.

'I love you.'

'Hmmm... I love you, too.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

Uhhh not sure if that was a proper ending lol I guess I wanted to show that Taekwoon was a more understanding lover??