to run...|| to kill...

The Chase

 

A/N: narrated in third person, almost like two POVs the '*~*~*~*~*' means the POV has changed.


 

 

It could’ve been minutes or, even perhaps, hours since he has been running for his life. His feet hurt, they’re probably bleeding from the blisters now and yet he can’t bring himself to stop. He wants to, but what he saw, what might have also happen to him if he even pauses for a second could take his life from him and so he risks everything even to the point of numbness.

 

If only it were possible then none of these were to happen.

 

He heard him say, though it seemed like he was telling the truth but his eyes, those dark orbs filled with a predator’s thirst stared at him like he was the main course. He thought that everyone was just being superstitious lunatics, crazed horror fanatics with their imaginations running loose but… No. today wasn’t the time to listen to someone say “I told you so.”

 

His breath is getting heavier, his vision hazier. His throat became dry, he needs to drink or else he’ll die from dehydration if not from getting murdered. He wonders which is a better way to die? Dying from old age isn’t an option now, death caused by a terminal illness isn’t either. Accident? Dehydration? Murder? The last one sent a cold chill all throughout his body and as he tries to shake it off he missed a step and falls, face down.

 

“Zhoumi! Are you okay? Let me help you.” He says.

 

Zhoumi can’t believe it, he has run so much, he has already run for his life and yet within minutes, he was still able to catch up. He turned and hoped against hope that what he has seen was just part of a bad dream that he didn’t see fangs growing from his mouth that his chocolate-colored irises didn’t became golden amber and crimson whenever light highlights his face that he wasn’t the sort of monster you could only read in books and watch in movies. But Zhoumi knew, of course he knew, and he probably even knew it then and was just blaming it all to skepticism. Who in their right minds would believe in such things anyway? Monsters like love has become overrated and the media are the one to blame for it. They’re the ones to blame for his untimely death.

 

Zhoumi could not get up, he was too weak already. You could say, he was just in the right condition to die, weak and defenseless. He wonders why the lead roles would offer themselves so aimlessly in this sort of situation, all he could feel is… fear. And when the answer hit him he laughs, Zhoumi laughs out loud confusing his pursuer and stopped him from moving closer.

 

How could they feel the way he felt, everything was only make believe! After the director says ‘Cut!’ they’re done.

 

“Fine! I give up.” Zhoumi says as he wipes the tears escaping from his eyes with too much laughter and still continues to giggle. He was a dead man, all his dreams whatever they were doesn’t matter now. He was going to die, he was going to be eaten, no director is going to say ‘Cut!’ and save his .

“Kill me.” He said with confidence as he looked up at the person in front of him. He shuts his eyes against that expression that looked distraught and waits for the kill.

 

*~*~*~*~*

He hears voices, telling him what he should do and what ought to be done. It was never a difficult decision up until now. He had deliberately played tag with him to make the hunt more exciting but what’s keeping him now?

 

Kill me.

 

Zhoumi had said and that brought him back to his senses. It was agonizing, he was already prepared the way he wanted him to be –  fresh, warm blood circulating his entire body, the scent of fear and hopelessness filling his nostril but why? Why was he hesitating now?!

 

*~*~*~*~*

“! Hurry up and the blood out of me, tear me limb by limb whatever fills your stomach!” Zhoumi snaps. He reaches for his hand and pulled him close, his hands were trembling and he cursed himself for showing his fears until the very end. He closed his eyes shut and hoped it won’t be too painful or he’ll die immediately after the initial attack. He felt cold and his heart raced when he felt his arms around him. Was he aiming at the veins on his neck? Or was he going to tear off one of his arms and eat it like a chicken wing?

Ah! Whatever?! He tells himself and waits and hopes the chill, the nightmare will be over soon.

 

*~*~*~*~*

Yes, if only it were possible to live without hunting humans, he thought. But the time will always come for them to hunt humans and not animals. He gave up, he can’t stop the voices telling him, urging him, threatening him to have his meal. This would be better I guess, he reassures himself as he embraced Zhoumi in his cold arms.

 

Ah~ if only I hadn’t fallen in love with you this would’ve been easier, he wanted to say but then he thinks otherwise, how could he believe this words when he was going to kill him? It’ll just be thought of as an excuse.

 

Donghae.

 

He hears Zhoumi whisper against his ear and tears fell instantly from his eyes. The best meal is a human in love and he knows that after centuries of playing with humans hearts. However, he was warned that the worst situation is having yourself unconsciously falling for them.

 

“!” Donghae says against gritted teeth.

 

 

THE END.



 

A/N: in the original story. Donghae was never named. The second person remained 'He' or 'him'  but I thought I'll name him here. just so you should know, there's no sequel to this. i don't even know if i'll ever make one. if someone wonders that is.