Chapter 2

Heart Fragments

5.30 AM - Soo Jin's Apartment

I woke up to the aroma of freshly brewed coffee in the kitchen. There's still a little buzz in my head but it is completely bearable compared to last night. I trudged into the kitchen, feeling weak as if I've been trying my very best in running for the olympics. Stopping under the kitchen's door frame, I saw a tall figure was bending down to look at the ingredients inside of my mini fridge. As I averted my gaze, there was a plate full of fried bacon strips on top of the kitchen counter. My stomach growled and my mouth starts to water.

"Good morning Soo," Eli smiled. Judging by the little dark circles formed underneath his eyes, I'm guessing that he hadn't been sleeping well last night. He gestured me to sit down while he serves me a plate consists of a few strips of crispy bacon with scrambled eggs and a spoonful of baked beans on the side. As soon as he set the plate down, I shamelessly devoured them. I can't help it, I threw everything out last night and my stomach was empty. Eli's plate has the same content as mine but he added more bacon than what he gave me. I wasn't going to complain like how I used to simply because I have no energy to yell at him and today is his cheat day. So I let him be.

"Thanks for coming over," I began, after taking a few gulps of the orange juice. He smiled and continued to eat his scrambled eggs. I got off my chair and went over to the counter to top up the bacon strips on my plate. I just can't resist such delicacy. Especially when it was Eli who cooked them. As a result of making me lunch almost everyday eversince we were elementary kids, He found his passion in cooking, which is a plus point to the lucky girl. He makes the best macaron cookies and I would sneak a lot of them in my purse everytime I came by his apartment. He knew about it but didn't really care. One of my favourite fillings is honey buttercream. It might sound simple but it tastes heavenly. My taste buds would go nuts on them.

"Sehun broke off the relationship, Didn't he?" Eli asked, poking at his baked beans without the intention of eating them, "I saw him with Choa last night." He added. The woman named Choa or by her real name, Park Cho Ah is a well-known socialite. She was nominated as the most sophisticated woman by Cosmopolitan Korea a few months ago. With the launch of White Angel, her own clothing line, her name is mentioned in almost every conversation in the fashion industry. I know because I worked as a sales assistant in a high-end boutique located at the heart of Korea, Seoul.

"Don't worry about me. Besides, there are a lot more fishes in the sea." I said, trying to be optimistic. To be honest, I don't even know how Sehun developed an interest in me. He is a singer but he keeps a low profile. But his fame shot up drastically ever since the paparazzi caught him side-by-side with Choa. From what I read on Twitter, Sehun was asked to be the main model for White Angel by Choa personally and of course he gladly accepted that offer.

"Well, I gotta go now." Eli stood up from his seat. He walked to the sink, bringing both of his plate and mug. He washed off the tidbits of bacons before putting it inside the dishwasher. He grabbed his keys on the table and kissed my forehead. I never knew why he did that. I did asked him about it once but he never spilled the beans to me. But for whatever reason it is, it soothes me. As soon as I heard the front door clicked, I got up and get ready for work.


 

Hey peopur!

it's HeeJung and goddammit

iforgottosaveitagainthatihadtowriteitagain.

enjoy the chapter guys! ^^