Chapter 2: Let me take you home

Another Day with INFINITE

“This is Im Euna”, she’s your new manager.” Jung-Yeop sajangnim announced.

 

A dead silence filled up the air. Not only INFINITE and the staffs were surprised by the news, but the girl herself seemed pretty much taken back by this as well. Idol manager? What on earth is oppa thinking? It’s true that she asked him to fill her with any position but seriously an idol manager? How could she? In her disbelief, she gave Jung-Yeop sajangnim a questionning look, which he definitely saw it but chose to ignore. AISHHHH this pabooo-ahhh.

 

“As everyone knows, Jungryoul will be more busy now that he’s going to be more involve with the other groups. So get along well.”

 

She sighed. She knew that there is no point of arguing about this. His words are final so she stood up and introduced herself with a bow.

 

“I’m Im Euna. Please take care of me.”

 

It was then when she stood up did they got a chance to observe her properly. She was tall and thin; her long copper brown hair that softly framed her oval face and her small eyes that seemed to pierce through like she would not accept any bull. She was elegance...and somewhat distant.

 

Despite the surprising news, the party continued. This time, though, the INFINITE members gathered back to the table, involving her in their conversation, excited to know what kind of person they will be working with.

“Euna----ssi? You have such a beautiful name,” not sure how they should addressed her, the greasy Woohyun started off the conversation with his greasy eyes and greasy smile.

 

“Please just call me Euna, Woohyun-ssi.”

 

“Alright Euna-ah!! You can just call us .... umm how old are you?”

 

“I’m the 92’ liner”

 

“Chingyu!” L..ummm no this was definitely the playful Myungsoo greeting her.

 

“Ohhh call me oppa. Woohyun oppa, hehe. I always wanted a dongsaeng!”

 

“Me too. Call me oppa too.” both Dongwoo and Sungyeol agreed. They were always surrounded by guys, so to have a pretty girl around them bought some kind of strange excitement.

 

“Aishh. I’m still the maknae again.” Songjong pouted.

 

“Of course, you will always be the maknae. Hehehe” Dongwoo said while messing with Songjong’s hair.

 

She didn’t say anything but gave a slight smile. Their bond was not only real but also strong, with their normal interaction even an outsider like her could feel that they really cared about each other. Ahh what is this feeling? Envious?

 

It was only Sunggyu who remained quiet, feeling nervous all alone with the news since the idol world was definitely brutal than one could imagine and not to say how uncommon to have a female manager. Of course, Jungryoul, Sunho, Geonam and Jungwook would still be their manager but it did not quite seemed like a sane decision to have a girl, and probably...definitely inexperience to be working with them. Like, seriously, what could she bring to the table? And they definitely did not need  one of those annoying drama that fangirls might’ve threw at them for being close with a girl. How ironic, now they really were betting their lives on a girl.

 

Being so involved and conflicted  in his own thought, Sunggyu remained silence for the entire party. Unlike the sulky leader, the other members broke the ice and were able to enjoy the new addition to the team though she was more of the quiet type than they were and didn’t say much but smiled, her existence did not trouble them. Sungyeol suggested them to do shots as a friendship offering, tired to refuse, Euna took one shot for their so called friendship but insisted on sticking with water for the other rounds. She may had high alcohol tolerance and probably higher than these guys from the look of how drunk they were now but she didn’t want to ruin the first impression they had on her. Besides, she was more like a party pooper when she drunk anyway.

 

Them being drunk was not a problem as they rented out the whole restuarant.

Them being drunk and everyone else left was also not a problem as Jungwook manager was still there.

Them being drunk and refused to leave was still not a problem as they could force them into the van.

However, them being drunk and Sungjong fell asleep on her shoulder, holding tight onto her arm; Woohyun kept clinging to Sunggyu and Myungsoo wouldn’t stop shouting while there were only 8 seats in one van, this became a problem.

 

How would they fit all of them in?



 

After a bit of dragging and sholving the members into the van, Euna ended up squeezing in one of the seats with Sunggyu, sandwiching between Sungjong on her left and Woohyun on Sunggyu’s right while the others took the empty seat and immediately fell asleep, afterall it was a long day for them.

 

The ride to their dorm felt longer than it actually was, Euna was nervous everytime Jungwook manager made a turn as their body shifted to the same direction that vehicle turned, her shoulder and Sunggyu’s collided and every part of their side body touched. She didn’t mind so much with their body contact but the atmosphere between her and him seemed to be quite awkward. She noticed how his body tensed when they touched and the cold shoulder he was giving her since they met; she wished she was one of those petite girls so they didn’t need to squeeze. She leaned forward a little and tried to curl into a ball, it didn’t help much but at least she tried.

 

She peeked at him and though his expression was straight, she could see his ears were red. And somehow, Sunggyu seemed a little flustered. Is he embarrased? Shy? She let out a small chuckle but quickly stopped when Sunggyu gave her a death stare, now a tint of red appearred on his cheek. Sawing that, she secretly smiled.



 

It was already a quarter after 4 in the morning when they got to the dorm and Euna couldn’t wait any longer to crash out on her bed, she quickly said good night to them.

 

“It’s very late, let me take you home,” Sunggyu worriedly offered.

 

“Thank you Sunggyu-ssi but my place is only a few steps away.”

 

“But it’s already late!”

 

“Errr… it’s really nothing to worry ab-”

 

“It’s dangerous!” He interrupted her before she could finish her sentence and walked her out the door of INFINITE’s room.

 

“Well… if you say so..” She walked across the hallway to the room in the corner and turned to Sunggyu, “So this is me.” She smiled at him whose eyes were widened from shock. This unit was unoccupied before, there were only 4 units on this floor and 2 of them belonged to INFINITE’s. He never knew that a new neighbor (and also his new manager) just moved in. She smirked and threw her hand in the air saying good night as she walked into her room.

 

Being idol manager actually sound pretty good. She thought.

 

-------------------------

It's okay Gyu oppa. You will be even more shock knowing that you've been living in my heart all along XD

xx

Gyujjang