Chapter 3: Friend?

Another Day with INFINITE

hqdefault.jpg

 

A ray of sunshine creeped between the curtain lighting up the room, she woke up at an instant. In fact, she hadn’t been sleeping well for god know how long.

 

Her mind was a mess and so was her body, her back ached just from sleeping. It was only 9AM and she had nothing plan for today so she decided to go for a run along the Han River and perhaps it would help her clear her mind. She got ready and made herself a simple breakfast, cereal with beries. Once she finished, she grabbed her belongings and left her room.

 

“Morning Euna”

 

“Oh Jungwook-ssi, morning. Are you going anywhere?” She asked; the INFINITE were all dressed up. Is there a schedule today?

 

“Yea, I’m going to send them back to their home.” Seeing her confused face, Jungwook explained, “They started living individually earlier this year when there’re no group activities, only Sunggyu and Howon live in the dorm now.” She nodded. “ What are you up to?”

 

“Umm I was thinking about going for a run… Do you need any help though?”

 

Jungwook told her that Sunggyu and Dongwoo were going to the gym and then Dongwoo would need to be dropped off at his home. He asked her to switch her plan and she agreed to go to the gym with them and them for the rest of the day while Jungwook would take care of the rest of INFINITE and headed home himself. They bid goodbye.

 

Sunggyu and Dongwoo followed Euna and when they saw her car, a white Range Rover Evoque, Sunggyu couldn’t help but wondered who Euna was. She lived in one of the most luxurious condominums in Soeul; her car is high end brand; and though her clothes are mixed of branded and what not, her jelwery and accessories were definitely expensive Looking at how his CEO trusted her to be thier manager, it made him think  is she THAT capable? Everything around her was a mystery to him and he needed to unravel this.

 

He was determined.

 

“Very naiseeeeeeeee (nice) ride you got here. Kekeke.” Dongwoo commented as he jumped into the front seat.

 

The upbeat hiphop music blasted when the wheel started rolling, Dongwoo screamed the lyric enjoyingly while Euna hummed along.

 

Oppa cha bbobatda neol derireo ga, Baby Let’s ride (Hey) bbali nawa (Skkkkrtt)




 

When they reached the gym, Euna decided to join Dongwoo for a one and a half hour of intense boxing. And Sunggyu went to his physical therapy session. When they were done, they were beaten up but decided to wait until they reach Dongwoo omma’s restuarant to eat despite their hunger. They wanted to avoid any scene since Euna was with them and no one knew about their new manager yet.

 

“Omma! I’m back!” Dongwoo greeted his omma, giving her a big hug and kisses.

 

“Good afternoon omma-nim.” Sunggyu 90-degree bowed.

 

“Aigoooo. Look at my handsome son.” Dongwoo omma welcomed Sunggyu and as she recognized another unfamiliar face, she smiled, “And who might this pretty girl be?”

 

“Omma, this is Euna, she’s our new manager.” Dongwoo put his hands on Euna’s shoulders as he introduced her to his omma.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo imo-nim.” She bowed politely.

 

Dongwoo’s omma smiled and led them to the private room. She excused herself a little after, letting the three youngster enjoyed the meal.

 

They fell into silence as they were so concentrated in eating. Sunggyu peeked at Euna and it surprised him a little of how well she eat. He always likes girls who eat, it’s healthier. He saw so many idols, girls and boys, skipped meals and control their diet to achieve the dream body. He was once one of them too, controlled his diet intake, did some hardcore exercise but it was just too much for him. It wore him out to the point that he didn’t want to do anything but sleep. It didn’t do him any good so he gave up. Just like that. Instead, he concentrated more on his vocal and simply exercise to stay in shape and not overly stressed by it. He just hoped that the fans will find a charm in little fat belly of his. Haha. Finger crossed.

 

Sunggyu put his chopstick down when he finally finished up his plate. Euna had already finished her plate too but she was still eatting the side dish. Woww… now she actually scared him a little of how much she can eat, even Dongwoo had stopped eating.

 

“Wooahhh Euna-ah you must be very hungry from all those exercise we did!”

 

Euna shrugged and smiled, “It just this is so delicious and it would be such a waste if they’re leftover.”

 

“Omma would be so pleased if she hear this. But seriously though, you were so cool when we were boxing. Hyungg! You missed out big time! She was like POW POW POW! BAM! ZOK! KAPOWWWWWW.”  

 

Sunggyu made an annoyed face and teased, “Dongwoo-ahh, you’re speaking alien again.”

 

The three of them laughed. They continued to talk this and that when Euna’s phone started ringing. She excused herself.

 

“Yes, oppa.” She said quietly as she walked out of the room.





 

After ten minutes or so, Euna came back to the room. She asked Sunggyu whether he had any plan after since she needed to stop by Woolim first. He said he will just tag along and go back together. They bid Dongwoo and his omma goodbye and head toward Woolim.




 

Once they arrived, they ran into Jungryoul at the entrance. “Oh you’re here.” He turned to Sunggyu, “If you’re free, you should join this meeting too.” Sunggyu nodded while they walked to the room.

 

When they entered the room, Jung-Yeop sajangnim was seated at his table while other managers sat around him on another side. There were three empty seats as if Sunggyu’s attendance was manatory.

 

“Sunggyu-ah, how are the boys?” Jung-Yeop sajangnim asked.

 

“Hyung, they’re good. Howon is in the dance studio right now. He’s really excited about the dance competiton program though it’s not 100% official yet. Please make this happen for him hyung.

Woohyun’s with his brother. He’s very happy about his solo album. After all, he has been waiting for this opportunity for years and he can finally release one. The music show, though, is giving him a lot of pressure. It made him feel like he is obligated to win to succeed even though the fans’ feedback is pretty good. And they love him. Please don’t put any more pressure on him, you know how vulnerable he is.

Myungsoo is preparing well for the King of Mask Singer. He will be great. And his drama filming is going well too.

Sungjong is regularly attending his vocal class too.

Dongwoo and Sungyeol have been working out a lot lately.”

 

Jung-Yeop sajangnim listened attentively as he asked,  “What about you? How are things these days?”

 

“I’m good hyung. Preparing for the musical is so much fun. Thank you for letting me do this again!” Sunggyu answered excitedly. His eyes beamed with happiness.

 

“And what do you think of Euna as your new manager?” Euna jumped a little when her name was mentioned. She glace nervously at Sunggyu, curious of what he was going to say.

 

He looked a bit stunned by the question; he his lips and clasped his hands as he told them that he believed in Jung-Yeop sajangnim’s decision. He had nothing against Euna and looking forward to work with her. They all knew that he was still questionning about Euna’s capabilities, heck who weren’t, but he was just being polite.

 

“Good then. Because for the first few months, she’s going to be working with you only. Work well together, alright?”

 

“Yes sir.” Sunggyu answered as Jung-Yeop signaled him to leave first.

 

There were still a few agenda left to discuss in the meeting, mostly to go over their strategies for INFINITE, schedule and manager individual responsibilies. So it was not until two hours later when the meeting was finally over. Euna was beaten up, overwhelmed by all the new information.

 

She walked toward one of the dance studio and found Sunggyu sitting in the corner of the room, watching Howon praticed his dance routine. Keeping up the reputation isn’t he, Grandpa Gyu she thought.

 

She waited until the song came to an end and walked into the room, asking whether Howon want her to wait to go back to the dorm together or not. Howon politely declined saying that he was going to join his friends for dinner later. With that Euna and Sunggyu left.

 

Although Sunggyu did not offend Euna in any way possible, it was still quite awkward for her after what he said in the meeting. She wished Howon would just come back with them. Being alone with him was the last thing she wanted.

 

Euna let out a deep sigh. She peeked at Sunggyu and broke the silence. “Sunggyu-sisi… say.. do you hate me?”

 

Being shock for the second time with such straight forward question, Sunggyu shook his head, trying his best to organize his thought about Euna. “Nahh. It’s just...uhmm.. shocking? I never expect this so I’m just taking a bit longer to digest the news.”

 

Euna sighed again to Sunggyu’s answer. She didn’t feel offended by Sunggyu’s opinion on this but she couldn’t deny that she was a bit upset. She sighed again and nodded to herself.

 

Sunggyu queitly observed her reaction. “Mind to share your thought?” He asked.

 

“...I don’t really know what to say. But like you said, you believe in Jung-Yeop sajangnim’s decision and I do too. And apparently, his deicision is to believe in me. So I guessed I need to believe in myself? I will do my best so let’s work hard together.” She turned her face and gave him a sincere smile.

 

He smiled back and reached his hand out. “Friend?”

 

Their hand touched.


“Friend.”

 

------------------------------------------​-

I'm so sorry it took me a while to upload this. I was just so immersed to another fanfics and work...oops. But hey! Long chapter for you :) 
 
So I just want to say that how much jealous I am of the Korean fans. I wish I could go to INFINITE summer concerts :(
 
 
 
xx
 
Gyujjang