Chapter 8

For The Better Or Worse? {Book 2}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]For The Better Or Worse Book 2[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Chapter 8[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

The heat, the burning pain that he was feeling wouldn't disappear. His lungs burned and he panted deeply, getting up and running once again when the older man was leaving his sight. He wanted so bad to scream out his name, to be by his side and turn him around to look at him. 

Luhan just wanted for Xiumin to turn around and look at him. But, even that didn't happen. He won't give up. He promised himself that. Even if he didn't have one ounce of strength he promised himself that he was going to see him. No matter what got in the way.

Xiumin stopped in his tracks, hiding behind a tree and watching as Chen passed by. He closed his eyes and went in a different direction. Luhan stopped also and quickly ran towards him. His heart was racing by the thought of actually feeling his skin against his. His body tingled and mind went wild. 

After a while of running he finally came to a stop once he saw Xiumin slow down and go to a street not too far away that led to different restaurants. Xiumin walked in a few minutes before he did and then Luhan entered. 

He walked in looking for the puffy eyed older man who was wearing a suit. He looked all around and still couldn't find him until something caught his eyes. He quickly went to the far back and there Xiumin was, drink in one hand and the other wiping his face. His head hanged low and he could see his chest rising and falling from running.

Luhan reached out his hand, inches from touching Xiumin but Xiumin suddenly got up and Luhan jumped back. Xiumin walked right past him with his head still hanging low and something in Luhans chest broke. There is something holding him back. 

He's scared. 

He's scared of the outcome of the reaction he might have. 

He followed once again like a hurt puppy and entered the men's restrooms seeing Xiumin holding on to the edges of the sink. He walked closer and hesitated before placing his hand in Xiumin's shoulder. Xiumin's head jerked up and he flinched from the contact. He stare in front of him and he couldn't believe his eyes. 

No. He thought. This isn't real. He shook his head, bringing his hands up to his hair just to pull on it. Slowly he backed up against the wall for support from the sight in front of him. Xiumin slid down the wall and Luhan just stared at him with glossy eyes and shaky hands. 

Xiumin looked back down and he closed his eyes wanting for the haunting image to leave him. He uttered words but Luhan couldn't hear him. They were both frozen in spot not knowing what to do. The sighing in front of both of them was heart breaking. Luhan stepped forward and Xiumin just pressed himself against the wall as much as he could. He curled himself in a ball. 

"L-Leave.. Me. Please." Xiumin uttered and Luhan looked down at the older boy who was about to break down. Luhan didn't want to leave him. He couldn't leave him. He crouched down in front of him and Xiumin peeked at him and finally after all this time looked at him straight in the eyes. 

"X-Xiumin. It's okay.. It's me, Luhan." Luhan attempted to touch him but Xiumin flinched once again. "No. Don't. You aren't real. You're dead!" Xiumin broke down in tears from the words that felt his mouth. "You died.." Luhan stared hard at him. 

"No, Xiumin! I'm not! Look at me. Touch me. Hold me. Hit me. Do anything. I'm real!" Luhan couldn't hold it in anymore. "Love me.." He whispered.

"STOP IT!" Xiumin shot up from the floor and hit Luhans chest. "Don't do this to me! I'm already suffering enough!" He punched and punched his chest but Luhan didn't resist. He waited for Xiumin to let everything out even though he hated seeing him cry. Xiumin still kept punching while his sobs were let out and he looked up again. 

One inch away from him was Luhan and he looked down seeing that his hands were in contact with his chest. Xiumin backed away from him and accidentally fell back and hit his bum on the floor. Realization hit him. Hard. He stared down at his hands. They were red from all the punching and now were shaking. "L-Luhan?!" He looked up and stood up once again but instead with shaky legs. 

"Where have.. You.. Been? Why did you leave me?! Why?!" The alcohol was making him a little boy more emotional then he should. "I-" Luhan tried to say reaching out to him. Xiumin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter