Chapter 9

It Leads To You

“What exactly are you?”

Jimin stood there contemplating how to go about answering the question. It wasn’t a difficult question per se. The question was simple with an even easier answer. But Jimin didn’t want to scare Jungkook off. Because people have a very negative notion of the likes of him and it is justified but not all of them are bad.

“How much do you know about supernatural beings Jungkookie?” Jimin asked instead.

Jungkook looked at Jimin for some time eyeing the way he was shuffling his feet and realized that Jimin was as much if not more nervous than him. “Not much. I mean since I haven’t encountered any in my life so my knowledge is limited to movies and animes.” Jungkook shrugged. Jimin smiled at that. “Vampires, werewolves, zombies, ghosts and recently shadow hunters. That’s what’s popular nowadays so more movies are made about them. So they are ones I know of.”

Jimin scrunched his nose. “What about witches?” Jungkook breath hitched at that and he asked.

“Are you-I mean does that mean…?”

“I am a witch Jungkookie.” Jimin murmured looking Jungkook in the eye as he said that. Jimin was proud of what he was and if Jungkook couldn’t accept it then then they have a problem.

Jungkook stared at Jimin with a blank face for some time. Jimin thought he saw a hint of disbelief cross his eyes but it was gone soon after so Jimin couldn’t be sure.

 “You are kidding right?” Jungkook asked finally breaking the silence they were shrouded in.

 

“What makes you think that?” Jimin asked hurt etched on his features and obvious in his voice.

 “Aren’t witches supposed to be-I don’t know-dark? I mean evil souls dark clothes, have  really negative auras around them? Moreover if you are a witch why don’t you have a broom? And-and what about crystal balls? Cauldron?” Jungkook asked and with every word that left his mouth his eyes became bright and his voice rose in pitch.

 

 Jimin stared at Jungkook in amazement and then dissolved into giggles with a squeak in between. Jungkook swore he had never seen something so adorable in his life.

 

“Ohmygod Jungkookie.” Jimin said after calming down and wiping the tears that escaped his eyes during his laughing fit. “How did you come up with that stuff?”

“I don’t know. I just thought that. I mean that’s what they showed in cartoons when I was a kid.” Jungkook murmured sheepish.

“You are not wrong exactly.” Jimin said as he sat down on one of the benches. At Jungkook’s questioning look Jimin continued “Not all witches have crystal balls but some renowned older clans are still in possession of some. As for the evil souls, not all witches are bad but they are the ones humans encountered the most so there’s that.

“We do have cauldrons for potions and some spell but we can’t always carry them with us now can we? They are not exactly. Some witches still prefer dark robes but most of us like variety and colors. We mostly wear darker clothes during circles.” Jimin stated in a matter of fact tone.

“What about brooms?” Jungkook couldn’t help but ask. “Brooms-well they are different. We used to dly on them but that is like ancient history. We us flightboards now.”

“Flightboards?” Jungkook asked.

“They are actually skateboards that can fly. There is this company in my realm that makes them, it has this built in spell on it so we don’t have to cast it every time we want to fly.” Jimin said and there was a smile blooming across his features. And Jungkook was floored by Jimin’s beauty.

“That is sooo cool.” Jungkook let out his eyes widened in excitement.  “Oh. Wait is Tae a witch too? And the one you mentioned before Jin hyung?” Jungkook asked.

“Yes they both are. But we are different kinds.” Jimin played with his ring as he said that.

“Witches have kinds too?” Jungkook was genuinely curious.

“Yes, just like how humans have different jobs to keep the society running and balanced witches have different powers and that’s what distinguishes them from one another. There are Casters, Channelors, Elementals and Shields and then there are Gems. You know that witches cast spells right?”

At Jungkook’s nod Jimin continued “All of witches have the ability to cast spells but it works differently for each type. Elementals for example can only cast spells related to their element.”

“You mean like fire, water, land and wind?” Jungkook asked. Jimin snapped his fingers and smiled at Jungkook’s proud expression.

“Shields; they possess combat magic and shielding spells and are our protectors. Casters; they can cast any and every spell because they work with all the core powers but that’s where things get complicated. Their spells are more or less unstable with the tendency to get out of control so this is where Channelors come into play; they act as vessels to contain the caster’s spell. Gems are just that gems. Wisdom and Nature. The two subtypes of Gemwitches.” That’s the most Jimin said since meeting Jungkook.

“So what kind are you and Tae?” Jungkook asked. “Tae is a caster and I am a channeler. Jin hyung, he is a Nature Gemwitch.”  “Is that why you and Tae are so close? Because you are his channeler?” Jimin was still amazed at how insightful Jungkook was.

 

 “To an extent.” Jungkook crinkled his forehead the typical ‘I am confused’ face. Jimin patted the space beside him. Jungkook sat down and waited for Jimin to explain.

 

“Tae and I have a bond. When a Caster is born, they choose a witch to form a bond with which provides them an emotional stability while a channeler act as their physical support.”

 

“Are their emotions unstable?” Jungkook questioned.

 

 “Not always but sometimes. When you hold so much power so much energy inside of you it’s going to take a toll on you but as long as they have their bond mates acting as buffers they are fine.” Jimin answered rubbing a petal between his fingers.

 

“Usually the person a Caster bonds with is an older person with experience and control. Moreover, Channelors are never bond mates let alone be bonded to and channeling for the same person. But it seems I am an exception.”

 

“Why? Why can't they be?”

“Channelors; they can cast small spells but for bigger ones they need a power source which a Caster provides them with. Since they lack an absolute core power they are fragile and are not strong enough. Being a bond mate requires substantial amount of control and calm. It’s a big responsibility and a channelor always fall short. Tae and I-we are quite popular in Gemlight because of that. We are the only pair of Caster-Channeler who happened to be bond mates as well.” Jimin let go of a small giggle.

“They don’t give you trouble for that, right?” Jungkook frowned.

“They?” Jimin giggled.

“There must be some kind of ruler, right? Like a president or a king?” Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck feeling embarrassed all of a sudden.

“We have elders but they are resting and are in a spiritual form so we don’t always disturb them unless it’s something major. We have a Council for minor problems. As for me and Tae even if they don’t approve, they can’t actually do anything about it. Bond is not something that can be controlled Jungkookie. It’s a lot like love at first sight-platonic obviously-it just happens. And I was the only person who matched with him during analysis-which they repeated thrice-that is the only reason I am his channelor.” 

Everything was quiet for a few minutes like the world came to a standstill, like Jimin’s words impacted everything and they stopped to listen.

There was something niggling at Jungkook’s mind so he chose to voice that out. “Isn’t it unfair that the channelers lack a core power?” Jimin was touched by Jungkook’s concern. 

“It may seem like that but at one time they were believed to be the strongest witches. They had their own power source but nobody remembers what kind since it was such a long time ago.” Jimin murmured. “What happened?” Jungkook scooted closer.

 “In the realm of witches there are 5 pillars holding stones emitting light constantly. These stones are the energy sources for witches representing each core power.

Auburn – Casters sole and major power (1 guardian)

Azure – Channelors (1 guardian but none in the present)

     Chartreuse – Elementals and bit to casters as well (4 guardians one for each Element)

Lavender – Gems and bit to casters as well (2 guardians for two Gems)

Noir – Shields and bit to casters as well (1 guardian)

(Presently there  are  8 Guardians and they are the ones who are the Council Members)

 

A long time ago one of the stones disappeared. It is believed that this Azure stone was the most beautiful stone and was the source of power for Channelers, they were called Azurewitches then. But when it disappeared the pillars became unstable due to which Channelers ended up lacking power source. For the same reason casters spells became unstable since one of the core powers went missing. With time a caster-channeler system evolved and that’s how things work nowadays.” Jimin ruffled his hair blowing the strands that were falling in his eyes.

“So it’s like mutualism?” Jungkook asked biting his bottom lip. “Hmm you can call it that.”

 

 

 

“Hyung?” Jungkook turned towards Jimin after thinking through everything Jimin told him.

“Hmm?” Jimin turned towards Jungkook letting go of the flower he was sniffing.

“You are a witch and I am human. What’s the connection between us? What’s the purpose of these dreams?” Jungkook asked. Jungkook was mesmerized by Jimin from the start and with time he fell more and more. After meeting Jimin in person Jungkook was far too gone to turn back. Not that he wants to anyway. But Jungkook had this inclination that Jimin didn’t feel the same about him that those dreams didn’t make him fall for him or even like him in a romantic way and it was bothering him which made his thirst to discover the truth expand.  Though Jungkook was not having those dreams at present, he still wanted to know the actual reason behind them.

“I don’t know Jungkookie.” Jimin sighed. “But I do know someone who can help.” Jungkook perked up. “Who?”

“Namjoon hyung.” Jimin answered.

“Who is he?” Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck.

“Namjoom hyung is the Wisdom Gemwitch. He knows everything there is to know about the witching world. Wisdom witches are intelligent, intuitional and have a deep seated thirst for knowledge, their mind is like a sponge. So if there is anyone who can interpret our dreams, its him. Jin hyung believes he can help.” Jimin murmured the last part and bit his lip.

“Where can we find him?” Jungkook stood up and walked up to Jimin.

“Uhmm… Jungkook. We have to go to GemLight to meet him.” Jimin whispered with his head down.

“GemLight?”

“It’s the realm I am from.”

Jungkook lifted Jimin’s chin up with his thumb and index finger. He noticed the way Jimin’s breath hitched at the contact but chose not to voice it out. “Then what are waiting for? Let’s go.” Jimin smiled his whole face bright and eyes disappearing into twin crescents. Jungkook thought he saw a hint of orange in Jimin’s eyes but couldn’t look closely to be sure.

They both stood there grinning at each other. Maybe Jimin wasn’t in love with Jungkook yet but at least they were together in this moment. It was enough for him. A weak ago he wasn’t even sure if he could ever meet Jimin in reality so right now he couldn’t me more thankful. This was enough for him; this closeness, it was enough. They were on the right path after all, a path of friendship. Between a witch and a human. And who knows Jimin might fall for him along the way. Besides all the best relationships always starts with friendship.

It could happen. At least Jungkook hoped so.


A/N

Bet you guys didn't see that coming.

Comment your thoughts