Chapter 2

It Leads To You

Jungkook shook his head to get rid of his thoughts about those dreams, as thinking about Jimin while crossing the road would likely result in a trip to ER and he didn’t want to make his mother madder than she already was. He values his life a lot, thank you very much. The moment the walk sign flashed Jungkook crossed the road and made his way to the other side. He glanced at his watch again, it has 20 minutes past 12. He-definitely-was in some deep .

The area his parents lived in was in a quite part of the Seoul so the shops were already closed and the streets deserted apart from a car here and there and an occasional 24-hour coffee shop. He picked up his speed as something in the back of his mind was telling him to hurry, to run which was kind of stupid because he knew these streets like the back of his hand and nothing happen around this area like ever. Jungkook came to a stop in front of an alley thinking if he should go through it or take the main street like he usually did. The main street though safer would take time to get him home and time was something he didn’t have. The alley it is.

Jungkook made his way towards the alley and stopped. It was foul smelling dimly lit and the light was flickering occasionally. The trash cans were over turned with all the trash on the floor. The walls were painted with graffiti. Jungkook contemplated walking through the alley.

His mind was screaming at him that ‘It isn’t too late to change your mind Jungkook. Turn around and go through the main street. There could be a robber or God forbid a murderer hiding in there. Jungkook was stubborn and he didn’t like to be weak so he told his mind to shup up and stop being a coward all the while taking small steps inside.

This is not cowardice, its self-preservation so stop being stupid and think rationally. His brain argued. He thought Yeah. Let’s call it that. After-all there would be other instances to show his bravery.

With his mind made Jungkook turned around and was about to walk out when something-well more like someone disrupted the silence of the night. He stopped walking and strain his ears thinking if he actually heard someone laughing or was it the wind playing tricks on him. But then he heard it again. He turned back and walked silently inside the alley some more when he saw two tall broad guys were following a boy of about his age with brown hair and green bangs through the alley. The boy looked frightened and would occasionally glance back and ask them to stop. The men ignored him. Jungkook ducked behind the dumpster to prevent being seen. He knew something bad was going to happen and he didn’t want to be caught in the middle. His selfish thoughts made him wince since when was he such a coward? But still something made him stay crouched and not to approach the trio.

“What do you want? Why are you following me?” The boy asked after stopping in the middle of the alley and turning around.

“What does it look like hmm? We want you sweetheart.” The men leered.

“Don’t come any closer. Please. You’ll regret it.” The boy warned but he sounded scared. The men picked up on his fear and laughed. “Who will save you sweetheart? You should have known better then to walk the streets alone at night.”

At that moment while Jungkook was contemplating how to distract the men long enough for the boy to escape-because fear and being smart, he was helping the boy and no one can stop him-the light flickered and then stayed off shrouding the alley in darkness. Jungkook shut his eyes and tried to slow down his too loud breathing in order to hear what was happening. Apart from the pounding of his heart Jungkook heard the men still laughing and then a voice-which sounded eerily familiar to him-saying “Maybe you should have known better gentlemen. You should heed the warning in the future. Sorry not sorry.” And then there were screams of anguish pulsing with fear. Jungkook doubled over in pain, it was like his chest was burning and his head was being split open. He couldn’t breathe.

After what seemed like hours but could only be minutes the screams died down and the light flickered on. Like the calm after the storm everything went quiet. Jungkook realizing he could breathe again sat up, he didn’t even realize when he assumed a fetal position. The pain was still there but it was subdued not over bearing like before. Jungkook looked around finding himself still crouched behind the dumpster in plain view of anyone passing through the main street. He took a deep breath and peeked from behind the dumpster all the while preparing himself for the worst, expecting to see the boy dead or worst . But what he saw made his heart pound. There were two boys hugging in the middle of the alley with no sign of the men from before, it was like they vanished in thin air. One on them-the one facing Jungkook-was the one from before while the other one was shorter and had a hood covering his head, his back to Jungkook. The former was shaking while the latter was soothing him.

“What were you thinking Tae? I asked you to not leave the house. Why don’t you ever listen to me?” the one with the hood scolded but his tone was still soft like he was reprimanding a child.

His voice and the way he was speaking sounded familiar to him.

 

“I was hungry. I wanted to eat ramen.” The one called Tae murmured.

“Tae. What if I wasn’t nearby? What if I haven’t sensed your distress? What if something happened to you. You are the only family I have Tae.” The one in the hood said in a wobbly voice which made the taller hug him and apologize.

 

The one in the hood wiped his tears and said “As much as I hate those men I agree with them, You should know better than to walk the street this late. You know well enough that our powers are weak here and dangerous for you and those around without a channelor especially if you have fear clouding your senses and your emotions running wild. If your mom found out she will kill me.”

 

“Sorry Jimin. Forgive me please.” Tae said.

That name combined with that voice made warning bells ring in Jungkook’s head. There was hope blooming in his heart but he squashed it down because there are a lot of Jimins in Seoul besides he is just in your head he is nor real Jeon Jungkook.

“Alright. But no late night trips for you. Promise?”

“I promise.” They did some weird handshake and made their way out of the alley.

Finally, Jungkook stepped out of his hiding spot behind the dumpster. He was astounded by the fact that the boys never saw him hiding. He must have made some noise because the one in the hood-the one called Jimin apparently- stopped at the end of the alley and looked back at him. Seeing his face made the subdued pain in Jungkook’s chest and head return with vengeance. It was like there was fire in his chest and his head was being poked with needles dipped in liquid nitrogen. He was hot and cold at the same time. Jungkook groaned in pain falling to his knees resting his head on the dirty concrete. Just as rapidly it appeared, the pain vanished. Jungkook opened his eyes which were blurry with unshed tears and lifted his head towards the end of alley to find it deserted. He was gone. Jungkook stood up on shaky legs checked his watch, it was almost 1 am. Jungkook gasped and started walking back home.

All the way back his mind was plagued by these thoughts.

He just saw Jimin.

Jimin was real and not a figment of his imagination.

Jimin was way more beautiful in person.

And he was more in love with him if that was even possible.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N

Ok so the second chapter is up. What do you guys think?
Please subscribe upvote comment. It encourages me to go on. Thank you :)