Chapter 8

It Leads To You

It was 4 already and not much time was left when Jimin had to go and meet Jungkook in the greenhouse. He and Taehyung were just waiting for Jin to pay them a visit to discuss how to go about the said meeting.

“Where is he? He said he’ll be here in 10 minutes and its already…” Jimin checked his watch “… 30 minutes.”

“He’ll be here. He must be stuck doing something or other for the council.” Tae said making a face as he said ‘council’.

Just then there was a knock at the door and Jimin and Tae eyed each other because no one knew where they live. Since they just joined the university they didn’t have that many friends, at least not any who knew their address.

“Who do you think is out there?” Tae whispered

“I don’t know let’s check.” Jimin said and together they walked up to the door which was still being persistently knocked upon. As they opened the door they were met with a face they were not expecting to see. Well they were expecting him just not at the door.

“Hyung what are you doing here?” Tae said clutching his chest like he was trying to calm his heart down.

“Excuse you. You called me here.” Jin sassed.

“Oh let me rephrase. What are you doing at the door?” Tae asked which made Jimin chuckle. Jimin could never get tired of the back and forth banter between the Kim brothers. Their relationship sometimes made him yearn for a brother too but the presence of Jin and Tae filled that void because they always treated him like one.

“Well I thought it’s time for a change. I always wanted to know what it feels like to come through the door. It’s different. Nice but different.” Jin said as he came inside the apartment.

“So from I was told you are meeting the kid, Jungkook is it? Today at 6 right?” Jin questioned Jimin.

“Yeah. We are meeting at the greenhouse.” Jimin said fiddling with the bottom of his shirt.

“Jimin why are you so nervous?” Jin didn’t fail to notice the way Jimin’s hands were constantly playing his shirt. He always did that whenever he gets nervous. It was an old habit but endearing nonetheless.

“Hyung I did as you ask me. I talked to him without revealing anything and I slept without the charm last night and there were no dreams or restlessness.” Jimin said letting go of his shirt only to rub his eyes.

“So following the theory those dreams were not precog, well that’s a relief. But I don’t think that’s what’s bothering you. Is it?” Jin rubbed his chin.

“No it’s not. At least not at the moment. Jungkook mentioned when we were talking yesterday that he dreamt about me since he was 11 too. I don’t know the content of his dreams but the likelihood of him experiencing the same things as me scares me.” Jimin sighed immediately feeling better talking about it with someone.

“What? Jimin you never told me about it.” Tae shouted lightly punching Jimin’s arm.

“Tae. I swear I wanted to tell you but then we had to train and I forgot all about it.” Jimin answered rubbing his arm.

Jin was quite during this whole exchange and it was making Jimin fidget. “Hyung?”

“Jimin he is a human and if he is mentality is still intact after experiencing those dreams for that long then that means that for him they weren’t as intense as they were for you, or maybe they were completely different.” Jin sighed.

“But hyung..” Jimin tried to say.

“I am in no way disregarding what he saw or experienced Jimin, we won’t know anything until he tells us.” Jin murmured.

“I understand.” Jimin said.

“So, I want you to talk to Jungkook and ask him about his dreams and tell him about yours …” Jin held up a hand when he saw Jimin was about to protest. “…Because if he too has similar dreams as you then there is a probability that he already knows that you are not human so the rule of hiding your true self from humans does not apply here.” Jimin nodded understanding blooming across his face.

“Next, I want you and Jungkook both to go visit Namjoon because I am sure he would have questions too and there’s so much questions you could answer for him especially if you don’t have the answers.” Jimin nodded yet again.

“Hyung can I go with Jiminie too?” Tae asked softly.

“You can accompany them both when they visit Joonie but it would be better if Jimin goes to meet Jungkook alone.” Jin knew Tae was worried for Jimin but he really thought it would be better if they talked in private and the presence of another person-particularly Taehyung whose emotional stability is too in touch with Jimin’s-could overwhelm them easily especially if talking about this whole dream business which was already messy as it was.

Jimin and Tae turned towards each other and it seemed like an entire dialogue passed between them. It used to annoy Jin when they talked silently like this when they were kids but he got over it. It’s not like they could read each other’s mind it was just they were just exceptionally close even for bondmates and they could read each other like a book.

“Ok hyung I won’t go. But Jimin promise me you’ll be careful.” Tae mumbled.

“I promise.” Jimin said and hugged Tae.

 

 

 

Jungkook was excited and a bit nervous that he was finally going to get answers to the questions that have been wreaking havoc on his mind that he couldn’t sleep the night before. When dawn came he was still lying on his bed memorizing all the different patterns on the ceiling. He finally gave up on sleep when his alarm blared at 9 in the morning and got up.

They were supposed to meet at the greenhouse at 6 but Jungkook was too eager that he came early. He had never been to the greenhouse, hell he didn’t even know there was one at the university but the calm atmosphere made him wish he did. The sound of the footsteps captured Jungkook’s attention. He looked at his watch it was 6. Hmm exactly on time, punctual af. Jungkook turned towards the sound and came face to face the ethereal beauty that was Park Jimin and if his breath hitched no one has to know.

“It’s beautiful here isn’t it? Jimin said breaking the silence.

“Yeah it is.” Jungkook smiled but he wasn’t looking around like Jimin. His attention was solely focused on him because there was no view as beautiful as the one Jimin presented. For Jungkook Jimin was the view. Jimin blushed when he realized that Jungkook was looking at him and not the greenhouse.

Jungkook had so many questions on his mind, there were so many he needed answers of. He didn’t know whether to ask or not whether to voice out his thoughts because despite the fact that he knew Jimin from his dreams he still didn’t know him. They were practically strangers.

“You can ask me whatever you want Jungkookie.” Jimin smiled noticing how uncomfortable Jungkook was. His smile immediately put Jungkook at ease.

“How long?” Jungkook whispered. Jimin immediately understood what he was asking.

“9 years.” Jimin said fiddling with his ring. He knew he has to ask Jungkook about his dreams too but Jungkook beat him to it.

“Why are we having these dreams?” Jungkook asked playing with the hair at the back of his neck.

Jimin knew that question would come sooner or later but he wasn’t expecting to be asked that this soon. Jimin sighed. “Honestly I don’t know either but Jin hyung has this whole theory about it.” “Jin hyung?” Jungkook asked.

“Jin hyung is Tae’s elder brother. You know Tae right?” Jimin looked at Jungkook for confirmation. At his nod he continued. “So hyung at first thought that they were precognition like you know something which could happen in the future?” Jungkook nodded in understanding. “But some events negated that theory which leads us back to square one.”  Jungkook stayed quiet letting what Jimin said sunk in.

“What events are those?” Jungkook asked.

Jimin laughed at this and Jungkook felt his heart racing. Even the way he laughs is so beautiful. How can a person like him be real? Jungkook must have looked confused because Jimin immediately explained himself. “I didn’t expect you ask these questions.”

“Is that bad, are you not allowed to answer them?” Jungkook asked playing with the hair at his nape. Jimin couldn’t help but smile because pouting Jungkook was cute.

“No. Just unexpected.” Jimin said.

“The dreams…let’s say they were quite intense for me. I-I have a fragile mind as it is and I could have easily lost myself or my sanity if those continued…” Jimin took a deep breath and continued. “…Jin hyung...he gave me something…. A charm if you must know..to suppress them and they did but there was still this-this restlessness. You get me?” Jimin prompted.

At Jungkook’s hum he continued. “That day after meeting you in the lounge I was asked to remove the charm to see if the dreams still continued even after properly meeting you but they didn’t.”

“Which rules out the possibility that it is the future and that you would die, am I right?” Jungkook was proud of himself for figuring that out and the dumbfounded look on Jimin’s face was like a pat on the back for him. Jimin nodded he was too surprised to say anything because what Jungkook said confirmed his suspicion and his biggest fear; he has the same dreams as Jimin, the same content.

So Jin hyung was right, maybe his weren’t as intense as jarring as mine that’s why he is still so mentally fit. Or maybe I am too mentally weak.

“Makes sense,” Jungkook said interrupting Jimin’s train of thought and then asked something he wasn’t planning to ask lest Jimin became offended but the words were out of his mouth before he could stop them. “You are not human are you?”

Jimin looked surprised he clearly wasn’t expecting that. “How did you come to that conclusion?” “Well I-I…uhhmm…that day in the alley…” Jungkook looked at Jimin to gauge his reaction.

Jungkook saw realization dawn on his face. “You saw us.” It was stated as a fact not a question.

“When those men disappeared in thin air I questioned my sanity but I also did that when I saw you that day and since you are real then what I saw that day is too and there is no scientific or logical explanation for their disappearance unless you possess some powers.” Jungkook stated.

“What you saw that day is as real as me Jungkookie. But I didn’t know you were there, wasn’t aware you saw that much. I saw you while I was leaving though but I was too shocked to actually confront you.” Jimin sighed.

Jungkook was done beating around the bush. He needed answers and he needed them now.

“Jimin what are you exactly?”

 


A/N

Hello beautiful people ^_^ How are you?
I hope you like this chapter. What are your thoughts. Comment and let me know.