Baby, now that I've found you - II

Be my baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Four years ago]

 

“So … does Kevin have someone he likes?”

 

The question was posed with what Amber hoped was nonchalance. More focused on squishing the burger so he could take a proper bite, AJ seemed not to hear his companion the first time round. The female rapper chewed on a fry, waited for a minute, before realising with impatience that she had to repeat herself.

 

“Yo earth to AJ,” She waved a fry in front of the other rapper. “Does Kevin like anyone?”

 

Her fingers scooped up the fallen sauteed mushrooms that escaped from AJ’s massive burger, hoping she still appeared aloof.

 

“Kevin? Like our Kevin?” AJ asked, mouth full of food.

 

“Seriously, how many Kevins do we mutually know?” Was it her nerves or was AJ being unnecessarily annoying today?

 

There was a shrug. “Why? What did you hear?” No, he was just plain irritating.

 

Amber wanted to facepalm herself - perhaps she should have asked Eli out instead. “Nothing. I’m just curious, that’s all.” Taking a sip of soda, the girl decided the conversation was a lost cause and was resigned to continue with her meal, abandoning her initial mission.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter