In Sync

[ONESHOT] In Sync

“Yah. Mika… Look at me.” Hyunmin said with a soft voice trying to catch the older man’s gaze. “Suhoon.” He called to him once again.

The other lifted his eyes slowly and met Hyunmin’s pleading eyes. He heard him call him once again, so he tried to focus his attention to what the younger’s saying.

“What….?” Suhoon asked, trying to control his voice. To not show the other what’s happening inside of him, inside his chest where his heart was breaking. But he failed. His voice cracked in the process. Letting out all his unsaid feelings.

“Suhoon-ah, don’t be like this. I won’t be gone long.” Suhoon stared at him. His piercing eyes trying to find assurance in the younger’s eyes. What he saw, broke his heart even more. “I’ll come back to you.” Hyunmin continued.

He took a deep breath to push back his tears and said, “Even you’re not sure.” He paused, assessing Hyunmin’s reaction. “You’re not sure that you would come back. So, why waste your breath to make a promise you’re unsure to keep?”

Hyunmin looked at him, stunned. Not sure what to say. They’ve been together for so long. Their relationship a secret. Suhoon wanted to tell the others about them already, but Hyunmin refused, telling him that it was not yet the right time. He said that he will tell them himself when he’s strong enough to protect him.

But there he was, standing in front of his lover, who’s slowly breaking to pieces. Not able to hug him, scared that he might shatter fully in his arms. He doesn’t want that, neither did the older man.

“Suhoon…” He said his name once again, hoping that it will carry the pain of their parting to him. To convince him that the words he was about to say, he’ll strongly keep. “Suhoon, baby.” He stepped closer, but Suhoon stepped back away from him.

“Hyunmin, no.” He raised his hand up between him and the younger man, clearly suggesting not to make another move that will both break their hearts. “Just… Just stop. I want to keep this relationship.” He said softly with his head down, staring at his feet, not wanting to see the raw feelings of his lover that was clearly seen in his eyes. “You know I do. I love you. I want to hold on to you. Beg you to stay.” He paused raising his head to look Hyunmin in the eye and said, “But I am not in the position to stop you from achieving your dreams. I won’t let myself do that even though I have this… this urge… to drag you out of here so that you’d miss your flight. But I won’t do it.”

Hyunmin looked at him with eyes full of love, awe, and pain. This is the man he fell in love with. The man that captured his heart. The man that made him feel happy. The man that he will part with. Right here, right now.

Same thoughts flooded Suhoon’s head. He want to take back what he said earlier, but he swallowed it down to be broken down to pieces.

They stared at each other like how they always do. They understood each other without saying anything. They’ve been in sync with each other for who knows how long. Both of them couldn’t even remember.

Suhoon was the one who broke the connection. He took one step to close their distance. His face stern and controlled like how it’s always is. The normal Suhoon, no, Mika was the one standing in front of Hyunmin then. Mika smiled. “Hyunmin, goodbye.”

Suhoon’s facade fell as soon as he turned his back to his former lover. Tears streamed down his face. He lost control as soon as he got to their dorm. The other three heard him and ran to his side saying that it’s going to be ok. That Hyunmin will come back to be with them…. with him. How did…? Why…? He wanted to ask, but he couldn’t stop crying. Then, he remembered, all of them are in sync with each other. They felt it. They have a strong connection that can’t be broken easily.