Chapter 1

S(e)oul Guide 101

Yooa's POV

_________________________

I slumped up the stairs, peeking up to see how many more. Ugh. At least 200. Okay, maybe not that many, but it felt like 200, since my legs had turned to mush after the workday. My boss had sent me up and down the building at least 16 times today! And of course it had to be the elevator maintenance day! I sighed, finally reching the door to my apartment, using my key to open it. The door wasn't locked. I tried to remember whether i locked it in the morning or not. I did, twice. Which could only mean one thing. Kim Jongin. Groaning i opened the door, flung my bag in the corner and tried to hurry to my room. 

Nope, still my bad luck. Kim Jongin was sprawled over my bed, reading one of the books i got from the library for my biology course. And next to him my last package of pocky.

"God damn you, Kim Jongin! Not only did you barge in again, but you also ate my snacks! How dare you?" I huffed, grabbing the book from him and snatching the pocky out of his mouth shoving it into my own. No way i'm going to let it go to waste!

Jongin blinked and then grinned at me. 

"Well good day to you to, Yoo-yoo!"

"I told you not to call me that!", I said while glaring at him. He rolled on his belly and got up from my bed, pushing his hair back. Wasn't it blond the last time I saw him? He must have dyed it black again.

"And I told you to call me Kai. I don't like that name they gave me. It doesn't fit me." He wrinkled his nose. Although he had told me many times not to call him by his given name, i refused. Partly because he was being such an about it. Although Kim Jongin was mostly an about everything.

"I don't care. And what are you doing here anyway? I'm really done with this day, I just want to take a shower, put in a good movie and cuddle in my bed."

Jongin raised an eyebrow and held up his arms. "I can help if you want to cuddle in your bed!" He stopped grinning when the pillow hit his face, but he picked it up again, laughing. "Okay, okay, i got it, sorry! Actually I'm here to ask if you had any work lately. You know, not that teeny-tiny internship, but your real job."

"That real job doesn't pay rent," I said, avoiding his stare and playing with the pencils on my study desk.

"You can't run away from it forever, you need to look again. Before another page appears again."

"I know," I sighed. He was right and i knew it. And I was thankful that Jongin reminded me. At least it meant, that I wasn't alone with all of this. I knew that he just wanted to help me, in his own, sometimes a little gruff way. Jongin had been by my side for the last three years. He was the first person i remember. Although he could really be an sometimes, he was still...yes, Jongin was my best friend.

I touched the necklace, which hit the space between my collar bones to reassure myself it was still there, thinking of that day three years ago, when I woke up in that strange room, with that book and the ID with my picture and name on it.

I had just snapped out of my daze when the door opened. In front of me stood Jongin. At that time he had short brown hair. He didn't smile. But he told me to come with him. And because I didn't know what else to do I did.

He showed me the world and he explained the most important things to me. Although it wasn't much and it only confused me more. The only thing I knew for sure afterwards, was that Jongin was like me. And that I wasn't dead. At least...technically, i think. But I died.

Jongin told me he had been like this for half a year. I was the first "newbie" he picked up. Which meant Jongin had died too. He never talked about it, so I didn't either. He told me, that when you die, you don't either go to Heaven or to Hell. You go to Heaven when you've done enough good in your Life and it was time for you to go. You go to Hell when you've done enough bad things for a lifetime. But there are also cases where people go, when it wasn't their time, people that were ripped from their original life, and now their souls have nowhere else to go. Apparently, or so Jongin told me, it doesn't happen often. There's a plan for everyone, and it seldomly goes wrong. He always says it with lots of bitterness in his voice, and I understand. Since we are cases where it went wrong. We became Soul Guides. We are beings stuck here on earth, unable to ascend to Heaven, because something, or someone ended our lives prematurely. It does sound very bitter, when I say it like that...

Our Job ist to guide the unresolved Souls. The Souls that weren't clearly good or bad and don't know which way to go, Heaven or Hell. We find them and help them find their way. It's not a very happy job and I had avoided it for quite some time now.

"...ooa....Yooa! Yooa! Hey!" Jongin's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. He was waving his hand in front of my eyes, before pinching me in the cheek. I pushed him away playfully

"I know, I know. Hey, let's order some Pizza and watch a movie!"

"Deal!"

 

 

__________________________________

A.N: First Chapter is up! :)