Sick

Bundle of Nerves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The time when Chanyeol got sick.

 

 

A day in the Wu household was always something different and it always gave Yifan that warm, fuzzy feeling you get in your chest, a feeling that makes you want to cry tears of joy every second of the way. It's one of Yifan's tid bits of happiness and it usually starts first thing in the morning, when the alarm goes off, and he's in bed with Chanyeol right beside him.

You can't blame him for being so giddy that early morning even as he wakes up to look at the digital clock on his bedside table - 6:30 AM it reads and Yifan finds himself grinning like a kid in a playground. He rolls over and grabs the warm body beside him, pulling it closer to his own to snuggle further than humanely possible.

A tight noise and a soft breath against his neck is what he gets in return and his smile only grows wider.

"...'Fan," His husband mutters under the blanket, tightly squeezed in his arms with his head against his collar area. "... S'tight."

Yifan chuckles. Chanyeol is not the type to short cut and mumble his words but when he does, it's one of the cutest things ever. Yifan buries his nose in his husband's amazing bed hair (mostly due to their strenuous activity last night), loving the scent of that ecofriendly shampoo that oddly smells like something leafy and dewy - like the rainforest. Because if anything, Chanyeol's worries don't just seem to end with their family, but the environment as well.

"'Fan," Chanyeol croaks again, a breath of laughter in his voice that makes Yifan press loving kisses over his forehead and hair. "Babe, s'too early for this..."

"Nothing's too early for this." Yifan replies, wrapping his arms around his husband's body underneath the covers, revelling in the warm, skin beneath his fingertips, noticing how warm he is. It's not his fault he's so in the morning, at least, that's what his morning wood's telling him.

Chanyeol rolls around so that his back faces Yifan instead. "Go back to sleep." He says, voice throaty and rough, pulling the blankets over his shoulder in an attempt to hide his , sensing the longing gaze of his husband behind his every move.

"I'm not sleepy anymore."

"Well, I am and I want to sleep." Chanyeol yawns and is just about to fall back to dreamland, snuggling beneath the blankets as his body shivers. His attempt is interrupted though when an arm snakes around his waist, pulling him back towards his husband's body. He breaks out an exasperated chuckle, which sort of hitches as his voice croaks again. "'Fan..."

"Just a kiss?" Yifan pleads, already kissing him all over the side of his face down to his neck and then to his shoulder line, feeling the warm skin under his lips.

Chanyeol, too tired and frankly still in a daze from sleep just stretches his neck further, bringing a hand up to run through blonde hair that glows with the sunlight from their windows. "Just a kiss." He says with a smile, letting Yifan worship his skin with his lips.

"Mm," Yifan smiles against the skin, loving the feel of his husband's hand carressing his hair like it were made of silk, kissing here and there and muttering sweet nothings despite knowing Chanyeol's probably being lulled back to sleep again. "Canlie?"

"Hmmm?" Chanyeol replies, his hand gently Yifan's hair with his eyes closed in complete and total relaxation. Yifan is smiling like an idiot at the sight.

"... Love you." He whispers at his cheek, pecking it sweetly and lightly.

Surprisingly, that's what makes Chanyeol's eyes open and he turns his head to meet his husband's gaze, a soft smile on his face. "I love you too." He whispers back just right before their lips meet.

 


"Appa, you're in a good mood." Sehun chirps in the background as Yifan prepares coffee. The elder turns around to see his son, branding his own amazing bed hair (must be a miraculous familial trait courtesy of Chanyeol), sitting on a stool at the bar counter, peeling some apples for himself.

"Of course I am, it's a good day today." Yifan grins as the coffee machine beeps. He takes his mug from the rack and pours himself a nice blend of hot coffee. "Weather's good, I've got a day off and Chanyeol won't be off for work until 2 in the afternoon."

Sehun smiles, eyes crinkling happily, "Someone woke up in the right side of the bed this morning."

"That's right." Yifan says, smiling behind the mug.

Sehun grins, slicing his apple before popping it in his mouth. "By the way, where's papa?"

"Sleeping in." Yifan says smugly, taking a big gulp of his coffee.

"Probably your doing, I guess." Sehun snickers, eating away his fruit and Yifan's eyes widen.

"It's not my fault he's so-" Yifan looks up at the ceiling and then at the sides and breathes out in defeat, "So... you know."

"Nope. I do not." Sehun eats another slice innocently. "But I wish you had controlled yourself because I want breakfast and I want to eat papa's breakfast."

"You just finished an apple."

"An apple's not good enough!" Sehun whines and pouts and Yifan laughs at his son's intense appetite.

"He'll be up soon. In the meantime, why don't you get changed?" Yifan eyes the standing locks over his son's head, "I especially like the new hairstyle you're sporting over there."

Sehun presses his hand over the bed hair and sticks his tongue out. "Whatever." He says before jumping off the stool to head back to his room.

After finishing his coffee and cleaning the plate and knife Sehun had used, Yifan looks up the wall clock and notes the time - Chanyeol should be up by now but as his eyes scan to the bedroom door - it's still closed. He frowns, finishing with the dishes before deciding to wake his husband up. He hopes Chanyeol isn't having any surprise panic attacks; he hasn't been taking his meds as of late, tapering them down to help him ease back to how he was before, but it's a struggle.

He gulps, hoping nothing is wrong behind that door, but as he approaches, it opens and Chanyeol steps out, yawning softly in his gray bathrobe over his pyjamas and Yifan feels stupid having to worry for nothing. His Chanyeol is all right. Everything is all right.

"Morning, Canlie." Yifan says, smiling like the lovesick idiot that he is.

"Good... morning," Chanyeol clears his throat before casually reaching over a hand, pressing it against Yifan's cheek and kisses him briefly. It's a quick exchange and definitely nothing different from usual but all of that was enough to make Yifan see stars. "Hm? Sehun isn't up yet?"

"He's getting changed. He was whining about being hungry again and wanting to eat your food." Yifan places an arm around his waist as Chanyeol leans a bit of his weight against him.

Chanyeol smiles effortlessly, "Then I better get to cooking or we're going to have a very upset teenager in our hands."

Yifan laughs as he unwraps his husband, walking over to the dining table to sit down and read the paper. He'd look at Chanyeol every once in a while though, not out of worry or concern, but just out of habit. He just loved it when Chanyeol hovered about in the kitchen - the domestic feeling, the tenderness and the warmth that it gave off - it made Yifan's skin tingle with delight.

"Anything you want for breakfast?" Chanyeol says, removing his bathrobe to hang at the rack in exchange for his apron.

"Pancakes?" Yifan grins.

"Your sweet tooth is acting up again." Chanyeol raises an eyebrow, preparing a pan, spatula and bowls over the counter. "This is why Sehun is always rummaging in the fridge every few nights or so for desserts."

"He's a growing kid. He's in need of sugar and carbs." Yifan reasons.

"No, he doesn't, he needs protein and calcium." Chanyeol argues playfully.

"I think he's had plenty of calcium already, what with all of that banana milk he's been drinking since forever."

Chanyeol laughs, "Says the person who first bought it for him when he was five."

"Well," Yifan nervously adds, "He had that look in his eyes! That look!"

Chanyeol raises an eyebrow, smirking. "That look?"

"You know what I mean!"

Chanyeol chuckles, before once more clearing his throat, turning around to face the stove. "You're so weak against our son."

"I'm also so weak against you." Yifan mutters in defeat, noticing Chanyeol covering his mouth as a small cough escaped his lips. "Sore throat?"

Chanyeol blinks in surprise, but before he could answer, a familiar voice echoes throughout the living room.

"I smell food!" Sehun announces with glee as he returns, all dressed casually. He grins wide as he jumps into the kitchen to stand beside Chanyeol, peering over his shoulder. "Pancakes!"

"Your appa requested it." Chanyeol pokes his son's nose with his free hand. "Anything else you want?"

"Bacon and eggs?" Sehun looks at his father hopefully.

Chanyeol frowns a little. "No fruits and vegetables in the menu?"

"Well..." Sehun takes a step back and scratches the back of his head. "Maybe... later?"

Chanyeol looks at him with this suspicious glint in his eyes before smiling innocently once more, "All right. I'll let you and your appa have your way for breakfast now but I'm putting salad to go with your lunch later."

Sehun sighs in relief, ignoring the little snicker behind him from the eldest in the room. "Oh! Can I have some berries to go with my pancakes?"

"Sure," Chanyeol chuckles, another cough making its way into the scene making Yifan's brows shoot up. Chanyeol doesn't notice it though and instead, clears his throat once more, adding, "Why don't you help me wash them?"

"Roger." Sehun gives a playful salute before walking over to the fridge to retrieve the small box of blueberries and raspberries.

Yifan can't help but smile at the scene unfolding before his eyes - seeing his son and husband prepare a warm breakfast together just makes him want to live forever like this. He sighs in utter content. How on earth did he score so lucky in his life?

 


"Well, if you need me I'll be in my room." Sehun says before pressing a kiss on the cheek to both Chanyeol and Yifan.

"Make sure you're actually studying for your midterms this week and not playing with your games," Chanyeol says, out of habit mostly. He gives Sehun a brief hug, earning a light chuckle from the youngest.

"I will, I will." Sehun humors him though and hugs back before leaving for his room.

"Sehun told me he'll be stepping out later in the afternoon." Yifan comments, standing up to stand by Chanyeol's side. "He says he'll be reviewing in the school library with his friends."

Chanyeol presses his lips for a moment before glancing over to Yifan's direction. "... He could always have his friends over, if he wants to."

Yifan is about to commend him for being so open to his son and his friends rather than close him up protectively (as how he used to be), but notices instead the rather pale complexion of his husband's skin. "... Canlie? Are you all right?"

"Hm?" Chanyeol blinks, turning around to walk back into their bedroom. "Yes, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" Yifan is right behind him, worry in his voice. He has this weird nagging feeling in his head that something just isn't right and knowing Chanyeol, it'd take all of his efforts to make him answer his questions.

"Of course," Chanyeol turns around to give him a reassuring smile. Yifan isn't convinced though. Especially since it seemed like Chanyeol was running away from him.

"But-" Yifan is interrupted when his work phone rings. "Damn," He mutters under his breath but then feels Chanyeol's hand his bicep.

"Go pick it up, I'll just be in the shower." Chanyeol nods his head over to the ringing phone. "You're worrying over nothing, 'Fan. I'm fine."

"..." Yifan gives him one more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter