~Fin~

The Truth About the Jo Twins.

   Remember when Boyfriend debuted back in 2011? The Jo twins had their hair dyed completely opposite colours. And there was also a rumour going around that they were awkward around each other when they were alone together. Well, I, Donghyun, the leader of Boyfriend, with the help of Minwoo, the youngest, have decided to reveal the truth about this. It’s actually a very amusing episode that we’ve never told MC’s.

   It started no less than a week before we debuted. We had sent Minwoo, Youngmin, and Kwangmin off to school, and let me tell you, they were all very popular among the females in the school. Naturally, of course. They were as close as...well, as close as twins usually are. One day, Minwoo told me that they were playing a game with some of the girls during study hall. I’ll let Minwoo explain it since he was there.

 

   Minwoo here. They called the game the ‘Which one is Young and which is Kwang Game!’ Back then they had very similar hair styles, so they found it amusing seeing that no one could tell them apart. Well, besides me. The whole point of the game was to basically try to figure out which was which, so they’d take off their name tags, put on a hat, and spin around to confuse the girls.

“Now, which one is Young?” One of them would ask (at the time, it was actually Youngmin who’d asked the question).

They watched the girls try to figure it out, laughing to themselves. I remember humming to myself in my seat before approaching them saying, “The one on the right is Youngmin and the one on the left is Kwangmin.”

The girls all clapped. “Woow~ As expected from Minwoo-ssi!” they stood up and surrounded me as the twins looked at me, dumbfounded. I’d never really expressed my knowledge of telling them apart until now, after all.

“Minwoo-ssi, is there anything you have to say to help us tell them apart?” one of the girls asked. 

I just shrugged. “Well, Kwangmin-ah is much more...hyperactive than Youngmin. While Youngmin is quieter and always lost in thought. Also, Kwangmin is more clumsy than Youngmin.”

Behind the girls, I could hear Youngmin snickering. “Well, he’s not lying. How many times have you tripped yourself up?” 

“Well, at least I’m fun and not always tired!” Kwangmin shot back. “You’re the one who always runs out of energy the fastest. It’s no fun for me!”

“Well excuse me!” Youngmin shouted, glaring at his twin.

   I pushed through the girls to try and stop them, but they kept shooting back insults.

“Why do you even like yellow?” Kwangmin questioned incredulously. “It’s the colour of piss!"

Youngmin narrowed his eyes. “You’re one to talk. You’re obsessed with Pikachu. Who’s yellow. Didn’t you tell my you liked him because he was my favourite colour?”

“Guys!” I remember exclaiming. “Stop arguing. I don’t want you fighting at the dorms later!”

Youngmin looked at me, scoffing. “Fine. But I’m not talking to him again. We’re not friends anymore starting today.”

 

   When I went to greet them after coming back, they were apparently still fighting. Kwangmin insisted on switching bunk beds. Which mean Minwoo would be sharing a bunk with Youngmin and Kwangmin would be sharing a bunk with me. Thinking it would only last a day, I agreed. Then, when I woke up in the morning a little later than usual, Youngmin was bleaching his hair, and it was already way too late to stop him. Minwoo had told me he already tried to stop Youngmin, and to no avail.

“I’m tired of being confused for Kwangmin.” He mumbled as I passed the bathroom, asking him why he was bleaching his hair. “From now on, the blond one is Youngmin.”

I scratched my head slightly. “Are you sure you’re okay with this?”

Youngmin blinked. “Kwangmin’s always treated as if he’s the oldest, just because he has a sharper jaw than me. Now everyone will know I’m the oldest. I’m the one who’s the most mature out of both of us!”

Kwangmin passed by and scoffed. “Yeah right. We both know I’m the one everyone likes more.”

Youngmin scowled. “You come back here!” 

He tried to grab Kwangmin by the collar, but I held him back. How could a few words said by Minwoo cause such anger between the two of them? I didn’t want to ask. Instead, I looked him in the eyes and said, “If you guys don’t settle this by our debut date, you’re both dead. Even if you guys just try to act civil around each other.”

   They didn’t really makeup by debut, unfortunately. But on stage, they made sure to stay away from each other, and avoided any alone time between them for quite some time. Luckily, the stylist had no problem with Youngmin’s blond hair, saying it worked well with the concept and helped emphasize him as the visual of the group.

 

   Don’t forget the fact that we had to swap places for about a month or two. Youngmin refused to sleep below ‘4D, annoying’ Kwangmin. So I took Kwangmin’s bed and Kwangmin took my bed. It wasn’t necessarily bad or annoying. But I know for sure that I had to listen to Youngmin complaining about Kwangmin almost every night. 

   Kwangmin is so this, Kwangmin is so that. It was almost as if Youngmin had an inferiority complex. It was also annoying having to deal with their fighting at school. A thrown pencil, a rude note. And I ended up in the middle of it all. Literally, because they refused to sit next to each other anywhere. Or walk next to each other. 

   I couldn’t help but wonder if it was my fault, but Youngmin told me that everything I had said was right, and Kwangmin just couldn’t accept it. I decided that if I said anything, he’d even hate me too. He even went as far as buying a voodoo doll, as if believing it would work. I didn’t really want to be included in that. 

   

   They gave up fighting each other around the time of our second single, Don’t Touch My Girl, thankfully. Youngmin decided to keep the blond until it faded. Then, for Love Style, they decided to go back to sharing the same hair colour, and everyone took that as they were finally on better terms.

   They were still a bit ‘awkward’ around each other, especially alone. They spent several weeks fighting, so of course, they’d be uncomfortable, even after making up. We were all just glad that we didn’t have to deal with fighting every day, or having to keep them from throwing things at each other. But now we’re all just glad that the fighting didn’t last long enough that it would be a real problem, and that they made sure it didn’t interfere with their career.


Word Count: 1284

Yes, I know, I still need to finish Blindly in Love. I will...eventually. I might put it on hiatus for now, as I'm having troubles thinking of what to do (it's very hard to write fanfiction for a couple that doesn't really exist, as much as I love writing Taochen.) and for once, a non-romance type fanfic.

Sorry if this was confusing or anything with the style, at first it was just gonna be Donghyun's point of view, but I figured Minwoo would've had something to do with it in the end, so I decided to include him too.