003

Reunion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Her apartment wasn’t what I thought it would look like at all. I thought maybe it would be more girly, but it wasn’t. It had simply decor on the walls, nothing flashy at all. Even her furniture was simply yet modern.

    Walking further into her apartment, I could see that her layout was almost identical to mine with a few minor differences but who am I to point out the differences? Like it even mattered.

    “You can sit down here and wait for me. I shouldn’t be too long,” she slightly smiled as she pointed towards her light gray couch.

    I simply nodded as I went to take a seat as she disappointed down the hallway. I rubbed my thighs because I was purely nervous and wasn’t sure how to react or anything. Deciding that looking around was my best option, I looked around her apartment and noticed that it was actually nicely decorated. As well that there were various picture of herself and who I assumed to be her family.

    Standing up, I went to look at one of them because it had piqued my interest. Gently picking it up, I looked at the picture of her in her graduation gown as she held up a degree in one hand as she had her other hand wrapped around a rather tall guy. Looking closer, I noticed they had similar features so it was safe to say that they were siblings. For a split second I had held my breath, hoping that it was just her brother and not some other guy.

    Setting the picture back down, I went to look at the rest of the pictures she had hanging on the wall or had nicely set on the table. As I looked at just about every last one of them, I couldn’t help but to smile at most of them because Ri was simply gorgeous  I still couldn’t believe that I didn’t know about her during high school.

    Even now I wonder how things could have been if I would have meet her during high school. Would we be close friends? Or even more than that? I honestly didn’t like any of the girls that had claimed to like me in high school because they were all too shallow and only thought of the present and not the future. High school surely wasn’t everything and I hated the fact that, that was everything they thought about. They didn’t know what colleges they wanted to go to, so they didn’t have any specific major that they wanted to study or any of that sort.

    I really wondered if Ri was different back in high school. I would have to ask Hwa Eun since she knows Yoo Ri the best. I seriously was curious about Ri’s past. Was it because I had developed some feelings for her? Maybe I really just wanted to get to know her a little better and see what kind of person she really was.

    “Alright I’m ready!” she chimed as she walked down the hallway. Turning around, I made eye contact with her before looking her up and down.

    Words could not describe just how beautiful she looked. From head to toe, she was perfect in every way and I could not look away. She somehow had me enchanted, but I wasn’t bothered by it in any way. Maybe I was enjoying looking a little too much.

 

     Entering the ballroom, saying that everyone was looking was an understatement. More like we were the center of the attention, and everyone had to be looking at us and whispering about us. The music was playing loudly but I could still hear everyone talking about us as we passed by.

     "Isn't that Lee Sunghwa?"

     "Who's that next to him?"

     "Are they married?"

     I for one was enjoying the attention a little too much. I glanced over to Yoo Ri who was holding onto my arm with a death grip. She was not enjoying it one bit and it caused me to be a little bit more concerned than I should have been. But there wasn't much I could do. People were looking our way no matter what.

     Not only because I was pretty much the most popular guy in high school but also because of my status in the music industry. I was under on of the hottest up-coming labels with a rather famous CEO so... who was I to blame.

     Although, I was more worried about Yoo Ri and what people were going to think about her when they found out who she really was.

     "RI!" Hwa Eun waved at Ri as she pulled Jay Park towards us.

     "W-What are you doing here?" she asked Jay who smiled shyly.

     "Hwa Eun invited me so I thought why not," he shrugged as all eyes were on us.

     "You know everyone is staring right," I whispered.

     "So what? Let them," rolling my eyes, I knew that Jay was used to this kind of attention but he had to think about the girls.

     "Ladies and gentlemen!" the DJ stopped the music. I looked over and saw it was an old friend of Jay's. DJ Wegun. I only knew because he introduced us before I signed under AOMG.

     "Welcome to 1st high reunion for the class of 2003! After 10 years many of you must be wondering how each other are doing right? Well let's get this party started!" DJ Wegun yelled into the mic as he pressed a button and music started playing again.

     Everyone clapped and cheered as they went to either greet people or grab a drink. Many were still looking towards us whispering.

     "Isn't that Jay Park?"

     "He didn't go to our high school did he?"

     "Don't be stupid, he was raised in the states!"

     There was so much chatter that Ri just left. I couldn't blame her but I didn't want to lose her so early into the evening.

     "Ri wait up," I rushed after her as she pushed through the crowd.

 

     Ri's POV

 

     I don't know what got into me, but I couldn't handle the immense staring and the chatter that was going around us. It was all overwhelming and maybe a little frustrating.

     As I pushed my way through, I made it over to the food table. I don't know what lead me this way, but I ended up here so I thought that maybe some water would help calm my nerve.

     "Yoo Ri?" I heard a male voice say my name.

     Turning to face the newcomer, at first I didn't recognize who it was until they smiled.

     "Han Soobin?" I questioned as I raised an eyebrow.

     "You remember," he paused as seemed content about it. "My, you've changed a lot since high school," he said as he raked his eyes up and down causing me to feel a little uncomfortable.

     If what I remember about Soobin still rang true, I should keep my distance but it was pretty much already too late. He was known as the class flirt. He picked on insecure girls the most, trying to get their hopes up only to make them crash and burn. I know, because I was one of them. Of course, he never picked on Lee Hwa Eun because according to him and some other guys, she was beautiful while I was just an ugly nerd. 

     "I-I guess," I shrugged as I tried to back up.

     "You're like the ugly duckling. You've grown into a beautiful swan," he smirked as he took another step forward. "Not only are you intelligent but you're beautiful. I've grown up since high school. You can say I'm more mature than I used to. But you know why I picked on you the most?" he asked as he looked at me.

     "N-No why?" I dared ask. I was somewhat curious although I shouldn't be. He picked on me, cracked jokes about me with his friends and he tormented numerous other girls.

     "Because I actually came to like you later on. Maybe like Junior or senior year. I don't remember. But I never said anything because how would that make me look?" he said. For a moment, I wanted to believe him, but he must be lying like he always has.

     Maybe he hadn't changed at all. Sure it has been 10 years, but that mean that he of all people has changed.

     "Liar," I whispered.

     "You don't believe me?" he said as he came closer to me.

     "I don't. You know why?"

     "Why?"

     "Because you've always been a manipulative liar. You never cared about anyone but yourself. You're even borderline a narcissist," That seemed to hit a nerve as he clenched his teeth.

     He only stared at me.

     "You're right. I never did like you. Sure who cared if you were the smartest girl in our class? But you were nothing compared to the popular girls. Even now, you may have changed and blossomed into a butterfly, but deep down you're still the nerdy girl that no one cared about,"

     His words stung. It stung more than it should have. I don't know why I let him get to me. I thought I was over this, but seeing him made me remember about my high school were I was so insecure about everything. I only survived because of Hwa Eun. I don't know what I would have done without her.

     "Enough," I heard Sunghwa's voice. It immediately brought me back to the reunion.

     "Lee Sunghwa. The most popular guy of the class of 2003," Soobin said as he looked at him. "Can I be of any assistance?" He sarcastically said.

      "Leave Yoo Ri alone," Sunghwa stared at Soobin.

     "Why? Is she your pet now?"

     "No. She's my date. So leave her alone," Sunghwa looked like he was ready to beat up Soobin.

     "Oh... well this is unexpected," Soobin shoved his hands into his pant pockets and looked over to me.

     He gave me a hard stare before turning on his heels and leaving the area to go catch up with some of his old friends.

     "You didn't have-"

     "Why did you let him get to you?" Sunghwa said as he turned to me. He seemed on edge and not knowing I winced because he was right. Why did I let Han Soobin get to me?

     "I don't know," I said with a small voice. Sighing, he came over to embrace me into a hug.

     "You're better than that. You have to defend yourself and not let people like him get to you. Whatever happened in high school is in the past," he whispered.

     Breaking away, he looked at me and smiled.

     "Now let's go join Hwa Eun and Jay before they're surrounded again,"

     He grabbed my hand and interlaced our fingers together as he lead the way towards the other two.

 

 

     The rest of the night was actually fun. Jay and Gray had to perform because eventually everyone fig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter