Irresistible

Volatile

To Sanghyuk, he’s irresistible.

By the time they fall into Sanghyuk’s double bed, neither of them has the energy to turn on the missed One Piece episodes.

Sanghyuk watches as Jaehwan nestles into his bed, pulling the only duvet over his chest, a drunken smile lingering on his lips.

“Hyung,” Sanghyuk slurs, reaching out to poke Jaehwan’s cheek. Jaehwan makes a small whining noise at which Sanghyuk giggles. “What are you doing here if we’re not going to watch One Piece?”

“I just want to sleep here, is that a problem?” Jaehwan asks with a knowing smirk—he’s well aware of the fact Sanghyuk wouldn’t make him leave, just like he has never done so before. Jaehwan rolls onto his side, facing Sanghyuk, his eyelids moving languidly as he blinks. “You know I get nightmares when I’m drunk and Taekwoonie kicked me off his bed last time. So cruel.”

Jaehwan closes his eyes and pouts in that super sweet way that always makes Sanghyuk cringe, but at the same time… at the same time it’s really ing cute and he can’t resist the urge to touch the jut of Jaehwan’s lower lip.

Jaehwan knits his brows, moving his head so Sanghyuk’s finger wouldn’t be on his mouth anymore. “Your finger’s dirty,” he mumbles, batting away Sanghyuk’s hand blindly. He scoots closer on the mattress until his head fits under Sanghyuk’s chin, pulling the duvet back to cover Sanghyuk too, and draping a leg over Sanghyuk’s thigh, wrapping his arm around the younger’s waist.

Sanghyuk’s breath catches in his throat, the intimacy too sudden and uncalled for for his mind to be able to cope with—no matter how many times Jaehwan has done this, it’s still something that evokes all kinds of stupid thoughts in Sanghyuk’s head. He feels the blood fill his cheeks and his heart is doing somersaults in his chest as he blinks into the darkness, tentatively putting a hand on Jaehwan’s hip.

“Hug me tighter,” Jaehwan murmurs into his neck, his lips brushing against his throat, and Sanghyuk swallows thickly.

His hand snakes behind Jaehwan’s back and he pulls him closer, a contented little sigh hitting the skin of his neck as Jaehwan smiles against it.

Sanghyuk entertains himself with thoughts of open wounds and that awful-looking dish Hongbin managed to prepare a few days ago, willing himself to stay calm and not get . He knows he’s going to pop a anyway, but only when Jaehwan’s breathing will already have become even, the entire boy melted against Sanghyuk’s body. That’s how it always goes.

Jaehwan is going to do this all over again in a few weeks; his legs will tangle with Sanghyuk’s, his fingers twitching on Sanghyuk’s waist, soft lips pressed against the base of his throat like Jaehwan wants to be as close as possible even if that requires him to give up on breathing.

And Sanghyuk is going to fall even deeper in this abyss where there is no light, no air, only thoughts of Jaehwan.

And Jaehwan is never going to fall with him.