Captivating

Volatile

To Wonshik, he’s captivating.

He catches himself watching Jaehwan dreamily an embarrassing amount of times, having to shake his head to clear his mind every time it happens.

Only now he can’t remember how to do that.

Wonshik’s vision is fuzzy at the edges as he stares at Jaehwan from where he’s sprawled out on the couch with what might be his fourth or fifth bottle of beer in his hand, blinking sleepily while he watches Jaehwan lose his balance on the floor where he’s sitting, laughing so hard no sound leaves his throat as he lies down on the floor, body shaking with the giggling fit. Sanghyuk is doing almost the same—though he’s a lot louder—sitting opposite Jaehwan, laughing his off at whatever stupid inside joke they created this time. , Wonshik is so jealous.

Jaehwan’s chuckles soon subside and he wipes his tears off, sitting back up and taking deep breaths to keep calm, even though the aftershocks still make him grin.

“I’ll bring us another beer,” Jaehwan announces to Sanghyuk who nods, and Jaehwan soon wobbles into the kitchen.

Wonshik stands up from the couch immediately, disregarding Hakyeon’s squawks when the older loses his headrest (aka Wonshik’s shoulder) and wakes up, crashing onto the now empty seat. Wonshik takes another sip of his beer before he puts it on the coffee table, going after Jaehwan.

“Hey, Wonshik-ah,” Jaehwan greets him with a grin, opening two bottles of beer. “Want another?”

Jaehwan’s cheeks are red from the alcohol, eyes shinier than usual, his hair, still styled from their afternoon schedule, looking a little messy. He’s wearing one of his awful, old T-shirts he uses only at home, and he looks so ing tiny Wonshik wants to scoop him up in his arms and hold him until he falls asleep on his shoulder.

When did he become this ing smitten?

“Jaehwan-ah,” Wonshik croaks, tongue feeling too heavy to move properly. He’s not even sure he could actually utter Jaehwan’s name until Jaehwan hums in question. Wonshik sighs so he won’t puke all over the floor. “Do you know how ing beautiful you are?”

Jaehwan’s eyebrows run up on his forehead, a surprised smile spreading over his pretty lips.

“I’m aware of my own attractiveness if that’s what you mean,” he says, laughing.

“No, that's—,” Wonshik scratches his nape. “You don’t understand.”

“True, I don’t really understand what’s going on right now,” Jaehwan giggles.

As a reply, Wonshik closes the distance between them with two unsure steps, cupping Jaehwan’s face in his hands and kissing him on the lips. After a moment of stillness, he feels Jaehwan smile against his mouth, warm hands coming up to rest on Wonshik’s wrists as he kisses back, sending an army of crazy butterflies into Wonshik’s stomach.

Jaehwan kisses the way he always imagined on those lonely nights (or days, depending on when he could go to bed), but it’s so much better in real life with Jaehwan’s tongue in his mouth and his plump lips between his teeth and his pulse drumming against the heel of Wonshik’s hands when they slide lower from his face.

He soon releases Jaehwan’s neck to hug him by the waist, pulling him even closer when small moans start leaving Jaehwan’s throat, disappearing in Wonshik’s mouth. One of his hands crawls under Jaehwan’s shirt, touching smooth skin, his thumb drawing circles on it as he pulls back only to drag his lips over Jaehwan’s neck, whispering, “Sleep in my room tonight.”

Jaehwan chuckles breathlessly, the sound making Wonshik’s head spin.

“I can’t,” he says, scratching the back of Wonshik’s head playfully, wincing a little when Wonshik bites down on his neck softly. “I promised Hyukie I’d sleep with him.”

Wonshik stops and pulls back, grimacing like he bit into a lemon.

“What?” he blurts out.

“Not like that,” Jaehwan giggles like a schoolgirl. He pats Wonshik’s cheek. “We have a lot of One Piece episodes to catch up on.”

“You could catch up on them anytime though,” Wonshik says desperately.

“But I want to do it tonight,” Jaehwan pouts, and it’s the most adorable thing Wonshik has ever seen. He wishes he could kick himself in the head for being such a fool. “Sorry.”

Jaehwan untangles himself from Wonshik’s hold, leaving Wonshik standing in the middle of the kitchen, still not quite understanding what just happened.

“Oh, and Wonshik-ah?”

Wonshik turns around, mouth hanging open and the most horrible pain forming inside his chest as he looks at Jaehwan who is standing in the kitchen doorway with his and Sanghyuk’s beers in his hands.

“You kiss pretty amazingly,” Jaehwan says, grinning and holding two thumbs up before disappearing into the living room.

Wonshik has never felt this broken in his life.