Coffee, Milkshake and You

Coffee, Milkshake and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Scratch. Scratch. Scratch.

Sigh. Crumpled. Thump.

Scratch. Scratch. Scratch.

"Argh!"

A ballpen was thrown across the room by a furious girl who banged her head on her desk. She was very tired of working with the math problem that she has been solving for the past 40 minutes. She already did everything that she could do, tried every solution that she could make, but it looks like she really couldn't get it right. I need a break.

The girl sighed in exasperation. And when she was about to stand up and clean up the mess in her room, her phone rang. She picked up the gadget from her desk and frowned when she saw the caller's id.

"Hello?"

"Babe! Where are you?" The furrowed eyebrows on her face were quickly replaced by a soft smile after hearing the bubbly and cheerful voice from the other line.

"In my apartment." She replied while picking up the ball pen that she threw across the room a few minutes ago. "Why?"

"Are you busy? I want to see you Tae~" Taeyeon grinned, she can already imagine the pout that appeared on her girlfriend's beautiful face. 

"Not really." She looked at the wall clock and it stated 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Fortunately in this semester, her last class ends at 2pm so she's always available after that time. "I was just stressing about my homework before you called. But I thought you have a class until five-thirty?"

"Homework again?" Sigh. "Professor baldy-old-guy just came into the class and announced that he has an urgent meeting with the nursing department. So here I am, wanting to see my girlfriend because it's my free time and," Another sigh. "I am missing her so badly." The blonde let out a chuckle and put her advanced math book and notebooks from her desk back into her bag.

"Okay babe. I miss you too. Just wait for me in our usual cafè?"

"Sure babe! Take care! Love you~" 

Now it's Taeyeon's turn to sigh dreamily. "I will. Love you too." She smiled after her girlfriend hung up.

Her mood changed instantly from being so stressed out into something more positive. Tiffany Hwang. Her gorgeous girlfriend. She will never get enough of the feelings that the girl was always giving her. She's her soulmate, her everything. And after 1 year and a half of being together, she already know that she already found the one who could fill up the missing part of her heart. Heck, she already know that since that day when she first saw those beautiful and stunning eye-smile from an angel.

Two years ago

Taeyeon was running together with her best friends, Yuri and Sunny, towards the information center. They knew that they were running late. Holding her queue number with her left hand, she pushed the door with all her might using her other hand. She almost stumbled forward but thankfully, her best friends caught her before she could embarrass herself by falling over the floor, if it was not embarrassing enough for them to be late on their ID picture taking. Oh well, everybody was already looking at them inside the room, maybe confused of why they were so out of breath like they just ran from a marathon. 

"Number 89! KIM TAEYEON!"

. She mentally cursed after realizing that it was already her turn and she was not even prepared. She was going to be captured with her face still sweaty from running and her hair was not even properly combed!

With a sigh, she ran her hand through her messy hair and wiped her face with her handkerchief before she proceed to the studio. She walked passed by some students who were also waiting for their turn. 

After some shots were taken, she was already good to go. She was hoping that the picture will come out well. She's not a photogenic person, but she knows that she has her own charms too. She came out from the small studio and acknowledged Sunny and Yuri who were sitting on the chairs prepared on the waiting area, she walked towards them and sat on one of the vacant chair beside Sunny. Yuri's number was called out and she immediately went inside the studio.

"If my ID picture comes out really bad, I will kill the both of you, Sunny." Taeyeon complained to her best friend who only laughed at her without saying anything. It was their fault for making them late, they dragged her outside the room, convinced her that they still have a lot of time before their turn and strolled around the big campus where they enrolled in.

Rolling her eyes at her best friend's response, she looked around the room lazily to keep herself busy while waiting for her best friends to be done and for her ID to be given. And that's when she saw her. 

Taeyeon's breath stopped for a moment when she looked at the opposite side of the room. A girl who was wearing a sleeveless floral shirt and a plain white jeans was sitting over there, looking so breathtakingly beautiful. With her flawless white skin glowing inside the room and her jet-black hair cascaded down her shoulders, Taeyeon was sure that the girl already attracts many attention, including herself of course. 

A pair of heavenly dark-brown eyes met her own when she studied the girl's facial features. Pink kissable lips, rosy cheeks, pointed nose, dark-brown ey- eh? Is she looking at me? She widened her eyes and quickly looked away from the girl when she realized that she was caught ogling at her. Her heart thumped wildly inside her chest and sweats started to form in her forehead. She was blushing. She caught me! 

"Hey, Taeng, you okay?" She looked up and saw Yuri approaching them. Sunny was also looking at her curiously. 

"Ah, y-yeah. I'm-" She glanced at the girl who, surprisingly, was still looking at her. She looked away again and her face was now red as a tomato. "I'm o-okay!" She slapped after realizing that she said it a little too loud.

"Why are you blushing Tae?" Sunny asked while Yuri took her seat. Her best friends are really confused by her actions.

"Nothing. It's nothing." She shook her head furiously, which added to the curiosity of the two. But before they could even ask her again, Sunny's name was called out and the petite girl stood up and went inside the small studio.

Taeyeon sighed thankfully. She looked at Yuri and the taller girl was busy on her phone. And with the little tug on her heart, she couldn't take it anymore and looked again at the girl across the room. She swallowed an invisible lump on when she saw her talking to someone, her friend maybe, and in slow motion, as if she can feel Taeyeon's stare, she turned her head and looked in her direction. Taeyeon can feel that she was melting under the stare of the beautiful stranger, but with the little braveness that she has inside her body, she tried not to look away this time. Is this, love at first sight?

Suddenly, the most amazing thing happened in Taeyeon's life, the girl smiled at her. And Taeyeon feels that she's already going to die at that moment. Those crescent eyes, is she an angel? Am I in heaven?

Without her knowing it, she returned the girl's smile with her own awkward but at the same time, charming smile. And suddenly, she can feel that the background around them was slowly fading into white. It was just the two of them, in their own little world. Or is it just my own imagination?

Taeyeon was immediately brought back to the real world when she saw the girl stood up and when she heard her name from the staff informing her that she can already get her ID. She hastily walked to the counter and claimed her it.

"Kim Taeyeon. First-Year. College of Engineering." 

She heard someone who was reading her ID, and when she looked up, she saw the same angelic face who was looking at her with her stunning smile.

Taeyeon's throat became dry and her mind became blank. She doesn't know what to do with the beautiful stranger in front of her, talking to her. She really wanted to slap her own face for being stupid in front of this gorgeous lady. Is this a dream?

With her trembling voice, she looked at the hand of the girl over the counter where she was holding her own ID and read it out loud.

"Hwang Tiffany. First-Year. College of Nursing." 

And that was the beginning of something special that she will treasure, forever and always.

Present Day

Taeyeon entered the busy cafè with her hand holding the strap of her backpack. She looked around the shop and her eyes stopped at the familiar girl with her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter