Chapter 4 - CEO

Our Family

It's still early in the morning but Hakyeon and Taekwoon were already up. Today they had to attend an event at the company.The event was for officially introduce and appoint them as the heirs of their company. They left the house without waking up the others.

Hyuk rub his eyes and look around his room, he still in daze and sleepy. His eyes roam around the room and spot Hongbin's sleeping figure beside him. It's not surprising as they always sleep together but Hyuk can feel that something is off.  Hakyeon not here yet. Hakyeon never fail being the first person that greet him in the morning, even when they're not sleeping together. Hyuk push away the thought and snuggles closer to Hongbin. He hugs his favorite hyung and drift into the dream land once again. 

Hakyeon on the other hand was drifted into his thoughts about his dongsaengs that he left. 

'Who will be waking them up?' 'They will be alright,right?' 'Is Hyukkie OK? 'He knows how much the maknae hates when he was left alone. He must be craving for their parents's love as he doesn't have the chance, and it makes Hakyeon try his very best to spoiled the maknae. 

Taekwoon grab his twin hand and squeeze it lightly, sending some telepathy telling him not to worry much. Their bothers will doing fine at home, even without their presences. But Taekwoon knows deep inside he himself can't stop thinking about their beloved dongsaeng, especially the maknae. Hyuk never once been apart from them since he's a baby. 

********************************************************************

Hakyeon has done with the hair stylist and changed into suit as they will attend a formal event. The company representative gave them a smart phone each one,  know they will need it to face the outside world. 

"I have save my number, all the maids and your own number in there, you can freely call us when you need or curious about something 24/7 . I'll be your personal assistant from now on and will help both of you with the company." In Guk hands the phones to Hakyeon and Taekwoon while flash his eyes smile to them. 

"Thanks, hyung. Can I make a call now?" Hakyeon scroll down the list in his contact to search for their maid number. In Guk just nod allows him to do so. Hakyeon tap the contact name 'Head Maid' and wait for his call connects. 

"Anyeonghaseyo, Hakyeon. Is there any problem? Why are you calling?" The Head Maid ask the young master as she answer the phone. 

"Anyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Kim. I just want to know about my brothers, is they fine? I'm so worried about them." Hakyeon can hide his feelings anymore. He feel more anxious when he hear crying and wailing sound which is he sure it come from his Hyukkie. Taekwoon who's stand beside him also can't maintain his poker face anymore. 

"I'm sorry, Hakyeon. Hyuk was throwing tantrums at the dining room. He said that he won't eat without you and the others can't coax him. He's crying when he realise your absence at dining table." Hakyeon gasps hearing the report and his eyes start teary. He reached for Taekwoon hand asked for some strength to handle the situation. 

"Can you pass the phone to Hyukkie. I'll talk to him." Hakyeon waits for a little while and the wailing was louder from time to time. He can hear the head maid talks as she hands the phone to Hyuk. 

"Hyukkie.. Why are you crying? Please don't cry, hyung will be home soon. You'll throwing up if you don't stop crying, it's hurt and I know you hate it. So please stop crying, neh?". Hakyeon speaks as he's sure the phone was with Hyuk now. Hyuk doesn't reply but his wailing his sobs was heard. Hakyeon can't stand it anymore, he walk towards In Guk with the phone still connected. 

"I want to go home. I can't continue this. Please send me home now, hyung. Taekwoon, I'm sorry." In Guk pull Hakyeon's hand to stop him. 

"Ask the driver to send Hakyeon, he must go home by hook by crook. You don't have to be sorry, I'll be doing fine.Now Hyukkie needs you as his omma and I'll be his reliable appa who works for them. We will discuss about this after the event ends. " Taekwoon smiles and urge In Guk to tell the driver and drive Hakyeon home immediately. 

Hakyeon manages to reach Taekwoon's hand and says his thanks before he rushes into the car heading back to their home. 

 *******************************************************************

Hakyeon ran towards the main door as the car reached their house and being greet by his brothers who waiting for him. Hyuk was in Hongbin's embrace, he has stop crying. 

"Hyung!!" Jaehwan, Wonshik and Hongbin call him in unison As the saw his figure at the door. Hyuk lift his face and look at the door . 

"Hyung... " Hyuk try to escape from Hongbin's embrace when he see Hakyeon.  His tears start to flows once again when Hakyeon take him from Hongbin and hugs him. 

"Shhh.. Hyung's here. Stop crying, Hyuk-ah." Hakyeon rub Hyuk's back to stop the crying. Hyuk clench tightly on Hakyeon's shirt as his life was depended on it. Hakyeon look at his other dongsaeng that look at him and Hyuk silently. 

"Come, we will have breakfast together. You must be very hungry. Hyung sorry.. ". Hakyeon walk to the dining table and be followed by the others.

He try to put Hyuk on his chair but the maknae won't let his clench and made Hakyeon gave up. He finally sit on his own chair and put Hyuk on his lap. 

"What do you want, Hyukkie? Cereal?" Hyuk nods a little and Hongbin help his hyung to prepar the cereal as Hakyeon can't do anything with Hyuk on his lap. While Jaehwan pour his hyung some tea Hongbin put the bowl in front of Hyuk.

Hyuk didn't bother to start dig in even the cereal start to be soggy. He just look at Hakyeon want him to be feed. It's a really strange thing because Hyuk was known as an independent baby. He hate when his hyung treat him like a baby. Doesn't want the cereal become soggy completely, Hakyeon start feeding the maknae. Hyuk eat happily when Hakyeon feed him. 

The others just finish their food and heading to the play room. They sit together on the couch watching Jaehwan and Wonshik playing the Xbox. Hyuk never unclench his grip from the start and was leaning on Hakyeon broad chest. His eyes start to drop, but he can't sleep. He doesn't want Hakyeon left him again if him fall asleep. 

Hongbin who realises Hyuk cute action to stay awake crack a smile with Hyuk's antics. He tap lightly Hyuk's shoulder to help him sleep, and Hyuk drifted away into his dreamland with his hand still on Hakyeon's shirt. Hyuk must be tired with all the crying and wailing. 

"He's must be really afraid hyung will left him again if he's asleep. He keep saying that he wants you and asking why you're not with us this morning. He ask everyone about your whereabouts. " Hongbin tells Hakyeon. He's sure Hakyeon must have been curious about Hyuk. 

"Thanks and hyung really sorry, you must be panic had to face the situation. I promise that I will never left you ever again. On top of that, three of you made me proud. You managed to handle the situation without me. Good job, guys. " Hakyeon smile plus a thumb up at his brothers. 

"Oh.. Where's Taekwoon hyung?" Wonshik asks. He just realized about the other hyung absence. Even normally there's no difference with him or without him. Wonshik just feel something was off even there's only one empty spot. 

"Taekwoon had to attend the event without me, he will be back on the evening." Hakyeon informs the brothers. Hakyeon carry Hyuk to his room to make he sleep more comfortable. When he want to unclench Hyuk's grip, the maknae sobs while tightening the grip. Hakyeon finnaly lays with Hyuk on his bed and sleeps with Hyuk in his embrace. 

********************************************************************

 Hakyeon cracks his eyes open when he hear someone open the room's door. He's a light sleeper anyway. Taekwoon peek his head and saw Hakyeon was staring at him. He gave him a smile and walk into the room. 

'Hi.. 'Taekwoon mouths the word silently, don't want to disturb Hyuk's sleep. 

'Hi, how's the work? ' Hakyeon try to low his voice as low as he can, he took his glance at Hyuk to make sure their don't make the maknae wakes up. 

'Boring.. ' It's really boring,  Hakyeon wasn't there and it's kind of awkward since he doesn't know anyone there except In Guk. His introvert personality makes it harder. Taekwoon realised that Hakyeon still wearing the shirt that he wear when he left earlier. 

'I'm sorry I can't be with you when you need me.'

'It's okay, I'll be fine. In Guk hyung was waiting for you at downstairs, he said that he wants both of us be there to discuss about the company.

Hakyeon wants to change into his home attire, but Hyukkie doesn't let him. Hyuk starts to sob when Hakyeon try to loose his grip. Taekwoon takes his seat on the bed joined in to persuade Hyuk. 

"Hey, Hyukkie. Shhh.. stop crying. I just want to change my clothes. Look who's here, it's Taekwoon hyung." Hyuk opens his eyes and saw Taekwoon and Hakyeon smiles at him. 

"Ssshireoo.. ". Hyuk still isn't release his grip. 

"I won't take long, I promise you. Taekwoon hyung will be with you while I change. "

"Don't you miss me?  Ohhh.. I'm mad now.  You don't love me, huh?" Taekwoon try to distract Hyuk when Hakyeon's words seems not effective. 

"I love you, hyung.. But.. " Hyuk look at his hyungs face. He's having the biggest dilemma in his life as a 4 years toddler. He love Taekwoon but he doesn't Hakyeon left him again. 

"Hakyeon hyung won't leave you. I can assure that. You believe me, right? Come, let's get downstairs. I'll give you your favourite cookies." Hyuk's grip slowly unclench from Hakyeon's shirt. Taekwoon lift Hyuk up and heading to their kitchen. He ask the maid to serve them snacks and drinks for their guest. 

 *******************************************************************

Hakyeon takes his seat beside Taekwoon and face In Guk. Hyuk who's on Taekwoon laps gets up wants to change his sit. Hakyeon just smiles when Hyuk comes to him, sit on his lap and leaning to his chest. Taekwoon just glare at the maknae, it's a betrayal. 

"Don't be jealous hyung.. Cutie Jaehwanie will always by your side.  Saranghaeyo 😘." Jaehwan shows his best aegyo and make heart gestures to Taekwoon which lead to hairs ruffles and pinch to his cheeks. He pouts his mouth when his cheek stings with the pinch. This hyung really... Aishhh

Hongbin just cringe watching the show. He just can't never adapt with Jaehwan's aegyo even it's a daily show. While Wonshik was completely different with his squels and claps when Jaehwan strikes his aegyo. The biggest fan of Jaehwan's aegyo. 'You're so cute, hyung' 'Aishh..  Kyeopta' the words that never left Wonshik's mouth when his inner fanboy's switch was on. 

"Hyung.. I have made my mind about the company. I can't go through this so I want Taekwoon take my place as the CEO. I won't meddle in the company's matters anymore." Hakyeon turns to In Guk whose still there looking at his siblings. 

"As expected, my guts was right. I have asks your lawyer to prepare the documents for the replacement. But unfortunately you can't turn blind eyes with company's matters completely. You're still the largest shareholder, so it's means you're still have some role in the company even you're not contribute officially. Any questions? " In Guk smiles at Hakyeon,  ready to answer any questions from the boy. 

"Your mean by my role?" 

 "Taekwoon would lead the company with you as his advisor. You don't have to go to the office neither attend any events but your opinions and ideas will be take in account. You can ask futher questions to Taekwoon because I have give some explanation earlier. I think it's time for me to excuse myself because it's getting late. Bye, kids... and see you tomorrow." With that words In Guk makes his way and left with his car.