Chapter 11 - Sick

Our Family

Taekwoon knew from the start that he’s down with a fever. His throat is hurting, his head is throbbing and his body is burning. He doesn’t tell anyone about his condition. He knew he could’t finish his work if they knew, especially Hakyeon. Not that he want to torture himself, it just the work is his priority right now. He knew he can ask someone to finish the work as he is the CEO, but he can’t bring himself to ask somene else help.

He promised he will rest after he’s done with the work. Like it knew his master, his body shut down as soon as he finish his work. He can’t stand it anymore.

“Hey, you’re early today.” Hakyeon greeted Taekwoon when he see him. Hakyeon noticed that his twin was a bit pale when he’s nearing, and he looks like he will collapse anytime soon. Something is not right. He put his palm and he’s right. Now he knew, why Taekwoon avoiding him this morning.

“Oh, Hakyeon-ah. I’ll put Taekwoon’s bag here. Take care of him, okay? He just fainted at the office earlier. I have brought him to the clinic, and doctor says he’s okay. Just need some rest.” Inguk informed Hakyeon. He knew Hakyeon must be worried.

Hakyeon make Taekwoon leaning on him and they climb together to Taekwoon’s room. Luckily, Hyuk just take a nap in his room, so he would not wake up anytime soon.

“I’m okay. I just have to sleep and it will go away.”Taekwoon pulls his comforter and close his eyes, trying to makes Hakyeon leave him. Hakyeon knows Taekwoon hates when someone take care of him because they will forced him get his medicine which he hates the most. Taekwoon such a baby. Even Hyuk didn’t behave like Taekwoon when he has to eat his medicines.

“What do you mean by okay? You just fainted earlier. If you hate sick that much, you should take care of your health better. Don’t overwork yourself.” Hakyeon’s nagging sure make it worst. Taekwoon’s head is throbbing right now.

“Thanks for your concern, Yeon-ah. I’ll take care my health better, ok?”

 

******************************************

“Is hyung sick? Can Hyukkie take care of him? Hyukkie want to play doctor.” Hyuk wake up from his nap and looking for Taekwoon when he saw his hyung’s car was parked outside. He miss his kitty hyung. When Hakyeon said Taekwoon was sick and need rest, at first he feel sad because he can’t play with him. But after a few minutes, another idea occur on his head. He’s so excited that he can play doctor with a real patient.

“I want to play with Hyukkie too. Wahhh, it’s been a long time I get to play like this.” Jaehwan was so happy following Hyuk while holding his play-doctor kit.

“Are you 4? Why are you so excited?” Hongbin snickered.

“Hyukkie is 4. Why hyung?” Hyuk excitedly answered and that answer make the other laugh over it.

“Don’t spoiled the mood Hongbin, just get in the flow okay. It’s rarely we get to play like this.” Wonshik said.

“You’re wearing your mask right? You’ll get sick if you don’t.”Hakyeon make sure they’re wearing his mask before attending Taekwoon because he doesn’t want any additional patient at the end of the day. He’s now is holding a tray of dinner for Taekwoon so he can take his medicine.

Taekwoon slowly opening his eyes when he heard noise near him. He can see Hyuk approached him with his doctor’s coat and stethoscope, with the others trailing behind him.

“Hyukkie is hyung’s doctor. Where are hyung hurt? Hyukkie will heal hyung. Don’t worry, believe in me.”Hyuk jump on Taekwoon’s bed and hovering over him with his stethoscope. Hyuk’s act make his other hyung panic. Hakyeon hyung will be angry.

“Sanghyuk!!! Why are you jumping? Taekwoon hyung is sick. You make his sick worst.” Hakyeon’s yell make Hyuk shocked and burst into tears. Now Hakyeon in panic.

“Hyukkie. Ooohh.. hyung sorry. Hyung didn’t mad. Hyung sorry okay? Shuusshh… don’t cry.”

“Hyung okay? Hyukkie make hyung sick?” Hyuk ignore Hakyeon and ask Taekwoon instead. He doesn’t want make his first real patient more sick.

“Hyung fine. Don’t cry okay?” Taekwoon is not okay but he don’t want make Hyuk cry again. It’ll make him more in pain than his throbbing head. A single tears from his siblings tore his heart in piece, and it’s really hurt. Luckily, Hakyeon successfully made Taekwoon eat his dinner and medicine with ease, thanks to his brothers. Taekwoon is smiling and laughing but his pale face distract Hakyeon.

“Okay guys.. hyung think Taekwoon hyung need rest. You have homework right?”

“But Hyukkie is hyung’s doctor. Hyukkie don’t have homework. Hyukkie don’t have to leave.” Hyuk secured his place next to Taekwoon and chase his hyungs out.

“I have done my homework with Wonshik earlier, and Hongbin doesn’t have homework today. We can stay right?” Jaehwan replies. It’s a rare opportunity to even step in Taekwoon’s room, so they use the chance completely.

“Sure you can stay. My bed is big enough for all of us.” Hakyeon want to speak but Taekwoon’s words make him shut. The others quickly take their own places on Taekwoon’s bed. They got the permission.

That night they all spend the night together.

*******************************************************************