Can

Naturally, There Were Sparks

 

One week later, Donghyuk is dropping Yoongi off when he spots Hoseok. He pulls Yoongi back into the car by the back of the shirt and hisses.

 

“Why is Jung Hoseok here and why didn’t you tell me?” Donghyuk demands.

 

“I forgot to tell you and he is here because of vandalism.” Yoongi spits out, Donghyuk lets go of his shirt and speaks in a nicer tone. 

 

“What did he vandalize?”

 

“Some spots on the trails.”

 

Donghyuk grunts and pats Yoongi on the shoulder. “Sorry about that, I just don’t like him all that much. That and if he finds out about me and his sister, I’d be a dead man.” He explains as Yoongi exits from the car once again.

 

“If you don’t like Hoseok, then why did you do something with his sister? Jessica says she’s basically just Hoseok with long hair.” Yoongi asks. Donghyuk furrows his brow and Yoongi quickly backs away from the car. “Yoongi!” Donghyuk shouts but Yoongi begins to run away. Donghyuk shakes his head and sighs.

 

“That boy is confusing.” He says before driving off.

 ------------------

 

Hoseok doesn’t know the elder is there until he feels a slight pull on his sleeve. He looks down to see Yoongi holding a map, trying to read it. He looks over to his sleeve and sees that Yoongi still has a grip on it. He looks at the elder again who has just finished speaking and is looking at Hoseok expectantly.

 

“What?” Hoseok asks and Yoongi groans.

 

“Never mind, let’s just head over to the trail.”

 

“No, I want to hear what you said.”

 

Yoongi groans once again. “I was just reprimanding you once again for your choice in trail destruction.” Hoseok raises an eye at this and leans against the outer walls of the main building. He crosses his arms and looks at the elder with a look that says, ‘please continue’.

 

“It’s that Kookie and Tae said that there was burned flowers and other stuff on one of the couple trails that isn’t all that-.”

 

“So you want to visit a couple trail with me?” Hoseok interrupts, making Yoongi look at him is surprise. The little man's cheeks cannot lie though. 

 

“Yeah right, I’d rather listen to Namjoon ramble on about how red converse is ‘life’ than visit a couple trail in the way that you’re implying.” Yoongi scoffs and begins to walk. He smirks when he hears the sound of hurried footsteps behind him.

 

Hoseok walks up right beside him and makes sure to maintain the same speed as Yoongi. (And if he made sure to brush his arm against Yoongi’s arm on purpose, no one had to know). They keep walking in silence when they reach a certain trail that makes Yoongi stop in front of. Hoseok notices this and also notices the uncomfortable look on Yoongi’s face.

 

“Is this the trail?” Hoseok asks and Yoongi nods his head ‘yes’. Hoseok looks up the trail and notices all the flower bushes lining the trail. There’s also a trashcan at the beginning of the trail and- oh, now he gets why Yoongi looks so uncomfortable. There’s a couple exiting from off the trail from the woods, giggling their fool heads off.

 

Yoongi visibly stiffens and hides behind Hoseok. The couple slowly passes by, not acknowledging Hoseok being used as a human shield. “They’re not even supposed to be here right now.” Yoongi mutters. Hoseok cringes when he sees the guy throw something into the trash.

 

“At least he decent enough to throw it away, but at a park? Really? Psh.” Hoseok shakes his head and begins to walk away, but stops when he realizes something. “Yoongi, did you grab the wheelbarrow?” Yoongi stops and his eyes widen. But then he calms down.

 

“I had Jungkook bring it out here since he keeps complaining about how bad it is out here.” Yoongi explains. Hoseok sighs in relief. Yoongi giggles. “I came prepared.” He said in a sing-song voice. He walks along the trail but Hoseok stays put in awe.

 

Yoongi giggled.

 

And it was cute.

 

Oh my god.

 

He shakes away his thoughts and once again jogs to catch up with Yoongi. Silence fills the air until they have to stop again because of something startling Yoongi.

 

There was the sound of leaves rustling, then Yoongi squeaking and hiding behind Hoseok, then a scream and giggle fills the air. Yoongi screeches and clings to Hoseok’s long-sleeved shirt. Another couple emerges from the woods and Hoseok hears Yoongi scoff.

 

“Why are you guys even here before the park opens?” Yoongi asks in a loud voice. It was loud enough that the couple looks at Hoseok in surprise. He forces a grin and waves awkwardly.

 

“We’re sorry, we woke up here. We’ll leave immediately.” The woman bows and apologizes.

 

Yoongi steps out from behind Hoseok and bows. “You’re forgiven, but try not to do this again. The park cares for the safety of its attendees.” He informs to two, they quickly scurry off afterwards.

 

Yoongi turns around and they both begin walking down the trail again.

 

“That was the first time I’ve seen you talk to someone without screeching. The boys at the greeting desk would be jealous.” Hoseok jokes. Yoongi snorts but doesn’t comment.

 

“Let’s focus on finding the spot you destroyed, yeah?”

 

Hoseok doesn’t answer, in fact, he looks stuck in thought. They pass another couple when Yoongi completely growls in frustration from the PDA and people being there before the park opens.

 

“Why did you have to vandalize this trail? Why couldn’t it have been a bathroom or something? Why a love trail, and the most popular one at that!?” Yoongi rants in frustration. Yoongi didn't even understand the point of a couples trail anyways, it didn't make sense. Couldn't they just go to a park or something, but a trail?

 

Hoseok snaps out of his thoughts and has the audacity to look angry. “Hey, I’ve never been on this trail or any of the other trails so shut your trap, you turtle!” He bites back.

 

Yoongi turns red and pushes Hoseok by the shoulder. “What do you mean you haven’t been on this trail? Seokjin said-.” Yoongi is cut off when Hoseok pushes him into the woods and follows after him. Yoongi lands on his back while Hoseok drops to the ground next to him, he goes to reprimand Hoseok, but the younger shushes him. “W-what is happening?” Yoongi whispers.

 

The sound of another couple walking by draws Yoongi in, but it confuses him. They had passed many other couples, so why is Hoseok acting like this? Yoongi looks over at Hoseok and sees the look of rage playing on his features.

 

The female partner starts to laugh. “Of course not, I haven’t heard him mention anything about a ‘Min Yoongi’. No, he doesn’t know. Yeah, how nice of him.” The lady sounds like she’s talking on the phone while the other person with her only chuckles lowly. “Yeah, all thanks to that weird couple who have a nature stick shoved up their asses.” She sounds irritated but quickly catches herself. “No, I like them but they’ve really screwed things up. I’ll see you soon.” She hangs up, the person next to her says something that makes Hoseok’s eye widen. He quickly moves to hover over Yoongi and whispers in his ear. “Act like one of the couples who come in here.”

 

Yoongi feels his face go red out of embarrassment and he reluctantly puts his arms around Hoseok’s neck. He refuses to make eye contact as Hoseok pretends to make out with him.

 

“Make sure to use protection!” Yoongi hears the girl shout out and it makes him want to become sick. Hoseok lifts up and replies in a weird accent.

 

“Thanks hun.” He shouts. The girl and her friend laugh as they walk away. Hoseok looks over to their direction and watches as they walk away. Soon he gets up and dusts himself off. Yoongi finally relaxes and looks up at the tree branches with a dazed look in his eyes. “C’mon, let’s go.” Hoseok extends a hand but Yoongi ignores it. He gets up on his own and ignores anything Hoseok tries to do.

 

“Yoongi?” Hoseok watches the older male walk back out onto the trail without another word. He climbs back onto the trail and tries to get Yoongi’s attention. “Yoongi. Hey, buddy. Look, I’m sorry for what I had to do. I didn't want my sister to see us-- Yoongi?” Hoseok stops when he hears the quiet sniffles coming from the elder. “Yoongi, hey, what’s wrong?”

 

Yoongi only shakes his head and wipes away the tears that stain his cheeks. Hoseok tries to rub Yoongi’s back, but Yoongi swiftly moves away from Hoseok’s touch. Hoseok frowns, but he understands if Yoongi wouldn’t want him to touch him at the moment. Yoongi did seem pretty terrified of talking to strangers on normal days, but who knows how he could react if Hoseok kept touching him on a bad day?

 

“Why would you do that? It's not nice to lead people on Hoseok, especially people like me. You really scared me.” Yoongi confesses, his voice sounding small and vulnerable. Hoseok fells his heart sink from his words. He didn’t mean to scare Yoongi or lead him on. He wanted to squash those feelings immediately. But he didn’t know how too. He didn’t know how to fix things with Yoongi. 

 

“Yoongi, I'm sorry. Please stay, we can talk about this.” Hoseok begs but he doesn’t get an answer. All he gets is Yoongi handing him the map to the trail before running off in the opposite direction, leaving behind a guilty Hoseok. 

 

a/n: Hoseok's ability to set anything on fire is for comic ^-^ i just thought it would be funny