You

Naturally, There Were Sparks

Seokjin has to drag Yoongi past the greeting desk (where Chittaphon and Mark try to greet their fellow park ranger, but Yoongi screeches and tries to run outside) and into his main office where a younger gentlemen was sitting. Seokjin almost sighs in relief until he realizes that his imported chair is currently on fire.

 

“Oh my god!” Seokjin screeches and more or less throws Yoongi into the hallway and searches for a fire extinguisher (Yoongi follows him because he doesn’t want to meet the gentleman). He marches past the greeting desk, where Yoongi once again screeches and clings to Seokjin’s back. Seokjin grabs an extinguisher by the front door and marches past the now confused and mildly worried desk managers. He pushes his door open again and pulls the gentleman out into the hallway before he enters the room again, leaving Yoongi cowering outside the door.

 

Yoongi slides down the wall and hides his face behind his knees. The gentleman notices this but ignores Yoongi’s odd behavior. Minutes later, loud shouting comes from Seokjin’s office, making the gentleman curse and Yoongi jump up. Yoongi quickly flings open the door and walks inside.

 

“Hyung,” he coughs into his elbow from the bad smell in the room. “Are you okay?” He asks and goes to up the windows in the office. He hears Seokjin sniffle and he quickly rushes to his hyung’s side. “What’s wrong?” He throws his arms over Seokjin’s shoulders and he nuzzles the elder’s left shoulder.

 

Seokjin sighs and ruffles Yoongi’s hair. “Yoongi, I want you to cover your ears or go out into the hallway.” Yoongi lets go of his hyung and stands up. He walks out into the hallway again and sits down in his previous spot.

 

Seokjin emerges from his office and ushers the gentlemen inside.

 

The gentlemen shivers from the waves of anger Seokjin was emitting. Seokjin slams the door behind him and he walks over to where his singed chair stands. “Jung Hoseok, you not only try to burn down my park but now you’ve burned my beloved chair. You, young man, are not going to like me after we finish this little talk.” Seokjin says in a tone that makes Hoseok pray for his life.

 

 

Yoongi finds himself being shaken awake by Seokjin. He slowly opens his eyes and pulls his head up from the ground, wincing from the sharp pain in his arm where he laid his head on. Seokjin pats his back and waits for Yoongi to stand up.

 

“Yoongi, this is Hoseok, or the guy who set fire to my chair just by sitting on it.” Seokjin says passively in a quiet tone. Yoongi stretches, yawns, and looks over to the other human being. His brain hasn’t processed the fact that there is another stranger in the hallway with him.

 

“Hi.” Yoongi breathes out and slowly gets to his feet. Seokjin turns to Hoseok and mutters something that makes the other boy have an ‘a-ha’ moment.

 

Yoongi rubs his eye, then a few seconds later looks at Hoseok, his eyes slowly widening as he comes to realization. Just before he could haul , Seokjin takes a firm hold on his shoulder and holds him in place. He also covers Yoongi’s mouth just in case the younger screeches again, like he did with those poor desk managers. “Yoongi, you will accompany Hoseok as he cleans up the trails. And when I say you will, you will. I don’t want to hear that you’ve been slacking off again, you understand me?”

 

Yoongi gulps from the seriousness in Seokjin’s tone and slowly nods. Seokjin lets go of Yoongi’s shoulder with a smile and flattens his uniform. “Good, now I will show you two where Hoseok will be cleaning up first.” Seokjin grabs a map and leads the two boys outside.

 

Mark watches Seokjin lead the boys past the welcoming desk and anticipates another screech from Yoongi. All he gets is a side glare from the boy while Chittaphon gets a sneer. Chittaphon leans back in his chair and they both let out a loud, relieved sigh.

 

“That boy needs to get socialized.” Chittaphon complains.

 

“I know! What did we ever do to him other than greet him? It’s our job to greet people.” Mark says in a strained voice.

 

They both share a glance and quickly get back to work.

 

 

 

Seokjin leads the two to the first burned spot on a popular trail. When Yoongi sees the charred land, he gasps and glares at Hoseok, who is wearing a sheepish look on his face. Seokjin feels his blood start to boil when he looks at the land again, people just aren’t responsible these days. So many wildfires, it’s not even funny.

 

He pats the two boys on their backs and begins to walk away. “I expect greatness when I come back.” He leaves them with a wheelbarrow filled with a shovel, grass seeds, and a watering can. Hoseok doesn’t even watch Seokjin as he leaves and goes straight to work.

 

Yoongi watches Seokjin leave with a pout on his face. Leaving him with a stranger who destroys nature is a new low for Seokjin-hyung. A very new low indeed.

 

A voice startles him from his thoughts and makes him jump. “Wha-what d-did you say?” He stutters. Hoseok scoffs.

 

“I said you can leave if you want. I won’t tell that Seokjin guy that you left.” Hoseok mutters as he picks up a shovel and walks over to the burn spot.

 

Yoongi doesn’t take this offer as a miracle though and looks horrified. “I wouldn’t dream of it! If Seokjin found out at all he’d fire me in an instant which would lead to Donghyuk to finding out. I cannot have Donghyuk finding out or he’ll have my .” He rambles. Hoseok looks up at Yoongi.

 

“Did you say Donghyuk?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“As in Shin Donghyuk?”

 

“…Yes?” Yoongi slowly begins to back away from Hoseok as he sees the undecipherable look on the other’s face. Hoseok drops the shovel suddenly.

 

“I’ve been looking for him ever since he ratted me out to Namjoon.” Hoseok says with a sneer. 

 

“I’ve met Namjoon before.” Yoongi says in a quiet voice. He freezes when Hoseok start to walk towards him with a crazed look in his eyes.

 

He tries to run but Hoseok catches him in his arms. Yoongi screeches but Hoseok covers his mouth.  “I have a plan, but I need you to cooperate with me, Yoongi-OW!” Hoseok immediately lets go of Yoongi when the older man stomps on his foot. Yoongi runs away, picks up the biggest branch he could pick up, and runs back over to where Hoseok was, but he keeps his distance. He glares at Hoseok, who glares back but moves on to do his work.

 

Yoongi stands his ground and watches Hoseok to make sure he wouldn’t try anything odd again.

 

But that fails when the shovel Hoseok was handling randomly caught on fire.