my sweetest fate

3-6-5, Say 520
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

song for the fic : One and Only

[if you squint, there's Baekyeol too :P ]

 

"you're the one and one and only I'm searching for"

 

this is dedicated to you :)

 

Tuesday, 7th December

[01: 05]

Minseok can hear the alarm on his table go off. But, he doesn’t want to wake up. He is feeling exceptionally tired today. He refuses to budge from his spot on the bed. He pulls the comforter around him and snuggles into it, smiling to himself.


[01: 45]

Minseok wakes up with a start. Alarm! Alarm! Alarm! He throws away the comforter, rushing to the table. He looks at the watch, horrified. It is 2:10. The flight is leaving at 2:40.

Why why why does he have to ignore the alarm now of all times!!! What will he think if Minseok doesn’t manage to reach on time? Minseok scrambles on his feet, looking for his jeans, a tee and a jacket. As soon as he is done with getting changed, he dashes out of the room, only to come back running. His phone, he has left it somewhere. He wastes five more precious minutes searching, before going back out rushing. He prays silently that he can find a cab quickly, as he puts his shoes on. He snatches the key set from the key counter, opens the door, shuts it and sprints in the direction of the main road.

He lives in an apartment, in a respectable society. He is sure a lot of them are watching him right now. After all, he is Kim Minseok, one of the most asocial members of his society. He is trying not to shudder in the cold. He is very under dressed for the season. He reaches the main road in record time and rubs his palms together to keep them warm.

He is waiting nervously. He unlocks his phone’s screen and swipes through the call logs. There are no missed calls, no voice mails. Heck. He doesn’t even have a message. Jongdae, his best friend since High School is leaving for China and Minseok is at a loss.

Said friend had confessed to him out of the blue on Halloween day during their office party. Jongdae had been dressed as Harry Potter, Minseok was Do Min Joon from a drama. Lame, he knows, especially when everybody else had dressed up as international characters. Still, Jongdae had encouraged him after having a good ten minutes laugh when he had tried to explain who he was supposed to be. It wasn’t his fault, Minseok doesn’t waste his time on pop culture. He is a lawyer. His ambitions are too high. So, he drowns himself in his work. No one can find a fault with that.

He sees a car approaching and it breaks his train of thoughts. He is desperate. He sticks out his hand, asking for lift. The car slows down. The driver rolls down his glass.

“Airport. I need to go to airport. If at-”

But, the driver has already turned around and is talking to someone at the back. Ah, the owner.

Suddenly, the second glass rolls down, and a face appears. Minseok is momentarily struck by the appearance. It looks familiar. “Get in, get in.” It is a boyish voice. The face is so beautiful, he can swear it is a girl- he is a girl- if not for that haircut and that voice. He can make out the stranger is sporting some fancy hair colour but, he is wearing a cap. He isn’t being able to see clearly and besides, it seems borderline creepy to stare at somebody’s face for as long as he has been.

Instead, he thanks him profusely and gets in the car. He relaxes a little due to the heater. He is still shivering a bit though. He nervously clenches and un-clenches his fingers on his lap. The stranger - or, as Minseok later dubs him- the angel offers his own winter coat. Minseok refuses at first but, gives in and takes it when he is not-so subtly reminded that he isn’t appropriately geared for winter. His cheeks are dusted in pink and he turns towards the window, his face plastered on the glass, his breath fogging it.

He fiddles with his phone, wondering if Jongdae has already boarded the plane; if he is too late. He had felt so bad when he had seen the look of hurt cross his friend’s face when he had tried to reject him without hurting his feelings. He had not been successful. Minseok still fails to understand how he had missed it. If Jongdae had liked him since High School, why had he not known? Why had Jongdae not said anything? Why had he waited for so long? Since Halloween, he had been asked many times to consider, to at least give him one chance but, Minseok had shot it down every time. He didn’t want to give his friend any unnecessary hope. After all, Jongdae is just that. A friend. Nothing more. Never more.

Minseok figured if he ever liked someone, he’d like them from the start- meaning, more than friends from day one. Besides, Jongdae was one of the straightest guys he had ever come across. It is still hard for him to believe his friend’s confession. He got to know Jongdae had applied for a transfer to the Beijing branch of the company on the very first day of December, and Minseok had felt appalled. He mulled and mulled and mulled over it. He sat with his coffee cups for hours feeling guilty. He had tried talking to him. Jongdae is both his friend and colleague and he is going to lose both of them. He knows it. Jongdae had avoided him for the last few days. He’d disconnect his call saying he’d call back in sometime (which he never did). They never met up for their coffee rounds during break time, or the celebration for the success of their cases, completion of work or, anything like that.

Minseok isn’t sure if he was the one being childish here, but, he felt a little bit hurt that he was being avoided. Is it his fault that he doesn’t have any feelings for him? Can’t Jongdae not accept it and continue to be friends? Why does he have to avoid Minseok like plague?

He glances at the text from Junmyeon who is good buddies with Jongdae. He had texted him the flight details with a simple “Best of luck.”. Minseok had then decided he was going to see Jongdae one last time before he left. He jabs his phone into the pocket of the warm coat and bites his lips in nervousness. He isn’t sure what he was going to do. Maybe he will try giving his friend a chance? Minseok’s dating life was next to nil anyway. He is always busy either with work or, his family. Not to mention, he has known Jongdae for all these years. What is the worst that could happen?

Not long after, they are entering the airport parking lot and Minseok is removing the coat and handing it back to the owner, who seems to be distracted and b with nervous energy and just takes it back with a nod of his head. Minseok is already missing the warmth of it as he is jogging towards the entrance when he hears someone calling out to him. He can’t afford to lose anymore time. The driver-chauffeur-whatever was running towards him with his phone in his hand. He practically snatches it from his hand and smiles at him gratefully and hopes that is enough. He is trying to run as fast as his legs will carry him. Minseok has few relationships but he values them a lot. He’ll save them at any cost.

He frantically searches for Jongdae. He wants to call him one last time, but his phone is out of battery and all he can do is just helplessly stare at the blank screen. Wonderful Timing. He looks at the Departure list. The details are imprinted in his memory. The flight’s making some last minute announcements for the late passengers and they are soon moving to Boarding. His eyes find the stranger who gave him the lift talking to some official and running into a Check-in and for a crazy second he wants him to turn around and look at him. Talk to him. Talk to someone. He feels so lost. His one and only friend is leaving because of him. He is sure even if his friend hasn’t said as much and he can do nothing.

He sits down on one of the benches and looks at the bustling crowd. Well, he has tried. He sits there for sometime till he sees the flight’s name gone from the electronic board and he knows his friend is gone. He laughs bitterly. He is well and truly alone now. Nothing can change it. Who would put up with him anyway? Minseok has always liked to think of himself as a simple person, but he knew he was difficult to be with. He gets up from his seat jostling in the crowd of some tourists. His mood turns sour when some stupid person bangs into him and his phone clatters to the ground, it’s screen cracks as the Stupid Person’s belongings fall. Said idiot just smiles at him cheekily with a lame “my apologies” with a faint accent, picks his things up and disappears into the crowd. He stares incredulously in front of him for a while, before huffing and thinking about going out again in the weather. He just curses his luck as he steps out, dejected.


[10:55]

Minseok goes running into his cubicle. He is tired. He believes he has run enough for a day. His work life doesn’t require much legwork and he has gotten used to that. He has been putting on weight. His abs have disappeared, his cheeks are horrible and his belly… Ugh.

His life lacks all fun. He flops onto his chair and exhales loudly. He throws his dead phone into the drawer. He didn’t have the time to charge it, too tired to do anything. He is still tired. He decides to drop by the nearest mobile shop as soon as he gets time. He leaves for the meeting scheduled for 11 ‘o’ clock. With Jongdae gone, a few changes were to be made in his work but, they were minimal. His friend had done his work meticulously and Minseok realises he can’t even use that an excuse to hold it against him.


[13: 19]

Minseok is staring at the phone’s screen in disbelief. It is the exact model - Samsung Galaxy S6 with the exact phone cover. It has the Big Ben on it with a soccer ball. He had bought it in Myeongdong during a fair. Yet, every time he presses on the power lock, it is a Manchester United poster on the screen lock instead of the puppy that he had rescued. It even unlocks with a swipe! Not the complicated password he had set just for the heck of it.

He argues with the mobile shop employee for having switched his phone with somebody else’s. It ends with nothing but, being proved that he is indeed wrong and Minseok leaves red in the face.

Minseok doesn’t know what to do. There are so many contacts, so many upcoming deadlines and mails. It has been so long since he had logged in from his desktop that he has forgotten his id and password which is so stupid of him. Though he racks and racks his brain, the only numbers he can recall are Jongdae’s flight details and Minseok is furious. He doesn’t even know how he has come to possess somebody else’s phone and has lost his own in the process.


[20:36]

He is sitting in front of his TV, wondering what he should do. He doesn’t have enough time and he needs to go through some of the old mails. Should he call? Could that person have thrown his handphone upon realising it’s not his own? He has not even called him. Should Minseok call him instead? He shouldn’t waste time.

He is still thinking when he hears the passcode to his flat being punched in and his sister calling out for him. He gets up from his spot and walks towards her. She is already rushing towards him, but instead of hugging him, she bops him on the head with her bag and demands him to explain why he hasn’t been returning her calls.

Minseok sighs and explains. She gives him a pitying look and then, snatches the phone from his hand. “You think too much”, she says dialing his number. He sits back down on the bean bag kept at the corner and looks at his sister talking on the phone. His eyes are already drooping. He catches the end of the conversation and ungracefully, manages to get up from his spot. He hurriedly tells his sister to explain him his passcode. His sister puts him on speaker and he again explains the pattern-password. It’s silent on the other end of the line and Minseok is worried if he is even being able to understand what he is saying.

“yeoboseyo? yeoboseyo?”

“Am here.” Is all he hears and the line disconnects.

Minseok wonders if he has heard the static voice before.

He goes early to bed that night after his sister leaves. The man is going to send him all the stuffs he requires and Minseok will be doing the same. Fair deal. He is glad his phone hasn’t been thrown away. He falls asleep with a smile on his face. Things aren’t that bad indeed.



Wednesday, 8th December


Minseok fumbles for his phone. He presses the lock to check the time and blinks at the bright red screen lock. His brain is slowly coming out of the foggy stage, and he snuggles inside the multiple comforters around him. His phone vibrates and he drops it in surprise. He never receives any text this early. Is there some problem at work?

He quickly sits up and taps on the notification. It is from an unsaved number. But, it was his number.

[ 06: 05] Stranger: Did you not have the International thing enabled? Had to get that done.

[ 06: 07] Stranger: You have received some new mails since yesterday. I’ll forward them to mine.

[ 06: 09] Me: Thank you.
[ 06: 09] Me: I’ll check yours and forward it to you.


Minseok gets up from the bed, not feeling sleepy anymore. His feet plods on the floor as he moves toward the kitchen to fetch himself a glass of water. He begins to prepare himself for the day. He brushes his teeth, showers, all after doing yoga then, takes a bowl of cereal and milk. After eating the measly meal and changing into the work gear, he leaves to catch the bus. He still uses the public transport. He cannot be coaxed into considering to do otherwise.

When he reaches his office, he presses on the power lock and sighs on seeing the Man U poster. He also sees new notifications. There are mails from him and texts from stranger, at least the person with whom his phone has been exchanged is at least decent enough to do this. He doesn’t want to imagine what would have happened had he not co-ordinated. His noona told him that the person has promised her he’d return the phone as soon as he comes back since he was out of station at the moment. Minseok is fine with it. As of now.


[ 07: 10] Stranger: Wow. That was quick.
 

 

 


[ 11: 13] Me: What’s the password to your mail lock?


[ 12: 05] Stranger: Luge


Thursday 9th - Wednesday 15th December

The entire week they exchange information back and forth, mails, contacts or any important details that might have come via text. They never ask each other about their names or, identity. Minseok doesn’t ask him which country he is in now and how fast he’ll be able to return his phone. He doesn’t check any other thing on his phone, not his songs or, his photos. They were all password-protected anyway.

The first time something happens a little differently is in the middle of December. He is feeling frustrated with a particular meeting. He is one of the senior most members of the legal team. He and Jongdae had been partners in most of the works for a reason. They worked best together. Now he is alone and has to manage. It’s not that he can’t do it. He can - but, it is much easier with his friend. The company hasn’t even hired anybody saying it is an odd time of the year and they are already all so busy with the recent changes. The acting CEO of the Seoul branch Wu Yi Fan may move to the mother branch in Beijing. He may not. Things are not sure, since company heads are still deciding which brother will be taking over the branch. Yi Fan is training his brother, but nobody knows for sure if it is a rumour or not, since all the legal papers, the official documents, they all bear the acting CEO’s signatures and seals and in Chinese. The Korean branch has not been involved in it sadly. Minseok is considering taking break and go get himself some coffee when his phone buzzes.

[ 14: 49] Stranger: Coffee?
[ 14: 50] Me: Excuse me?
[ 14: 51] Stranger: Coffee or, tea?
[ 14: 51] For a sick patient?

Minseok looks at the texts wondering what this person is trying to get at.

[ 14: 56] Me: Tea.
[ 14: 57] Stranger: Thank you.

Minseok goes to get himself that cup of coffee he wanted. When he comes back, he can’t help himself. He types quickly and sends it before he can stop himself.

[ 15: 15] Me: Personally, I’d recommend Coffee.
[ 15: 17] Stranger: I knew it!
[ 15: 18] Me: ?
[ 15: 20] Stranger: I had guessed you’d be a coffee kind of guy :D

Minseok is staring at the text. He has never had such type of a conversation. Ever. He only texts his office people for office stuffs in a strictly official manner.

[ 15: 21] Me: what’s wrong with coffee?
[ 15: 53] Stranger: Nothing. It’s good.

[ 16: 05] Me: Is that sarcasm?
[ 16: 25] Stranger: No, no. I like coffee too.
[ 16: 25] Stranger: Especially, Americano.
[ 16: 30] Stranger: What about you?


[ 17: 01] Me: Latte



Friday, 18th December



[11: 33] Me: Hey, I would have received a few mails today morning. Could you send those?

 


[14: 05] Me: It’s kind of urgent.

[15: 00] Me: You could be busy but, can you please forward those?
[15: 30] Outgoing call ~~~

 


[17: 12] Two Missed calls




Monday, 21st December


Minseok is drunk. He has faced one of the worst situations in his life. His company has lost a client and they can incur heavy losses. Wu Yi Fan is angry though he is not saying anything to him directly. He had just asked him if he was having some personal problems and should take some days off. He is horrified. His colleagues are under the impression he was grieving Jongdae’s departure. He doesn’t understand how their CEO would have got to know about it. He is flummoxed.



[ 20: 19] Me: I hope you rot in Hell.



Wednesday, 23rd December



Minseok doesn’t take a day off. His holiday break is supposed to start today but, he is sitting in the office, grilling himself, berating himself and just feeling massively pissed. He is pretty sure he saw the CEO pass by his cabin more than once. YiFan rarely came into this part of their office. He always summons the others to his lavish room. Maybe he is getting paranoid, but the Chinese man is giving him those looks.

Minseok is also ignoring the close to hundred mails and texts sitting unread in his phone- no, that man’sphone. Minseok doesn’t want to see it and forgive him this early. He has never failed at any of his work before. He tries to be perfect or, as close as possible - a thing he shares with his cousin Kyungsoo. And, he doesn’t want to find out that this streak of perfection has been disrupted because somebody was in no-network-coverage area. So, he decides to fume. When he gets back to his apartment that night, he immediately feels bad.



[13 missed calls from Airport Arsehole]


[08: 07] Airport Arsehole: Am really sorry. Do you still need them?
[08: 20] Airport Arsehole: I have sent all of them.
 

 


[10: 05] Airport Arsehole: I had some emergency.

 


[13: 37] Airport Arsehole: Hopefully, you didn’t have too much trouble.

 

 


[17: 20] Airport Arsehole: I’ll try to fix the problem.

 


[19: 44] Me: What sort of emergency?

 

 

 


[23: 16] Airport Arsehole: My mother was hospitalised.
 



Thursday, 24th December


[06: 05] Me: How is she now?


[08: 03] Airport Arsehole: She is no longer critical. So.
[08: 10] Airport Arsehole: Am really sorry.


[09: 00] Me: Please. Don’t. It’s okay.
[09: 11] Me: I hope your mum recovers soon.



Minseok is lounging in his apartment the whole day till some of his colleagues call him, asking him to join them. He comes to know this through the Guy Who Took Away His Phone. He is dutifully sending him their messages and then, forwarding Minseok’s messages to them. Noting the address for the Christmas Eve party, he leaves.



[22: 05] Me: Cn I say u somethin?
[22: 29] Airport Arsehole: Sure.
[22: 30] Me: Am sorry. I shouuldn’t hab sent you dat messag?
[22: 45] Airport Arsehole: ??
[22: 47] Me: dat go2 Hell?


[23: 15] Airport Arsehole: It’s okay.
[23: 17] Me: I thot u went!
[23: 17] Me:  For thinkingg rongly f u. When u were hvn ur own problem.
[23: 18] Airport Arsehole: Went where?
[23: 20] Airport Arsehole: It’s understandable.
[23: 20] Airport Arsehole: Chinchha.
[23: 22] Me: Freinds? :)
[23: 24] Me: dey r askn f am tlkn to my bf.
[23: 31] Airport Arsehole: Friends :-)
[23: 33] Airport Arsehole: Aah. So, you did go.
[23: 34] Me: Yes. Came. R u not wid ur frinds?
[23: 34] Me: No, wait, sory.
[23: 34] Me :(
[23: 45] Airport Arsehole: You are cute.
[23: 49] Airport Arsehole: Can I ask you something?
[23: 51] Me: Hmm
[23: 51] Airport Arsehole: Was that a yes?
[23: 52] Me: Ys
[23: 53] Airport Arsehole: Can I call you Baozi?
[23: 55] Me: Okiee
[23: 56] Me: Wt do I call U?
[23: 57] Airport Arsehole: Lu-ge
[23: 58] Me: Luge???
[23: 59] Airport Arsehole: Yes, Lu-ge.


Friday, 25th December

[ 00:00] Airport Arsehole: Merry Christmas, Baozi.
[ 00:06] Me: Merry Christmas, Lu-ge.
[ 00:10] Lu-ge: Goodnight :)
[ 00:30] Baozi: Alrdy? G’nyt :0



Minseok rolls on his bed and grumbles. He wakes up with a start, and immediately grabs his phone kept on the bedside table and swipes the screen to unlock and groans loudly. He is embarrassed. He scrolls through the texts quickly and scrubs his face with one hand. He hadn’t been that drunk. He cringes at his spelling errors and the stupid “dey r askn f am tlkn to my bf.” and for a second panics what this Luge will think of him.

He quickly decides if it’s something negative, then, he can go to hell. But, secretly, or not so secretly, Minseok is developing a little crush on this odd-named Luge. Why? Because he is yet to come across somebody else who is so serious about helping him out like this, so diligently.

And, then, there was his voice; his “am here”. Minseok laughs at his own teen-gushing-over-his-crush behaviour. Gushing to himself, but gushing nonetheless. He is happy? He is a little pleased that he has been given a nickname. He quickly taps on the search button looking up its meaning. It turns out to be steamed bun. He is puzzled at first and then, realisation dawns on him. Unlike Luge’s phone, all his - Minseok’s apps are unlocked. He could have easily gone through the contents. He hopes the Chinese man isn’t some sort of psychopath. The man has every app on his phone locked. His mails are in Chinese and Minseok doesn’t know how to read Chinese. He is glad he could identify that much though.


He is a little curious.


And he is still debating while preparing his breakfast.



[10: 03] Baozi: Any plans for Christmas?


[11: 16] Lu-ge: Not really.
[11: 17] Lu-ge: Just me and my family.
[11: 20] Lu-ge: And, you?
[11: 30] Baozi: Same here.
[11: 45] Lu-ge: :)


[13: 41] Baozi: Can I ask you something?

 

[14: 36] Lu-ge: So, now we are back to full and proper spellings?
[14: 40] Baozi: :-/
 

 

[16: 07] Lu-ge: :D
[16: 15] Lu-ge: “Hyung, why don’t you receive my calls? Why does my call get forwarded?”
                      You can give him my number. If you need to. I have already troubled you so much so far.


[17: 22] Baozi: No way. You keep forwarding mails, texts, calls to me all day. Every day. I barely have anything to send to you.


 

[20:55] Lu-ge: Do you know how to cook?
 

 

[21: 34] Baozi: Sure.

 


[23: 45] Lu-ge: I almost lit our kitchen on fire.
[23: 55] Baozi: Woah.
[23: 55] Baozi: What were you doing? O.o


Saturday, 26th December

[00: 01] Lu-ge: Trying to make myself dinner.
[00: 02] Lu-ge: I think, I need to buy a room freshener
[00: 04] Baozi: seriously?
[00: 05] Lu-ge: Obviously. Stinks.
[00: 07] Baozi: Then, I’ll never let you inside my kitchen.
[00: 10] Lu-ge: OOoooh.
[00: 11] Lu-ge: Were you planning to? ;)
[00: 20] Baozi: Nope. I am yet to know you. Real you.
[00: 23] Baozi: You could be dangerous for all I know :p
[00: 30] Lu-ge: My Baozi feels threatened.
[00: 50] Baozi: No way.
[00: 51] Baozi: Also, I don’t look like a baozi. X-(
[01: 13] Lu-ge: Aah. So, you checked it. :D Yes. You are a Baozi~~~~
[01: 14] Lu-ge: You saw me at the airport. Do I look dangerous to you? :|
[01: 20] Baozi: Nope. You looked too sweet :p
[01: 40] Lu-ge: Am not sweet. Am very manly. B-)
[01: 43] Baozi: If you say so.
[01: 45] Lu-ge: And, you are the cutest.

 


[03: 00] Lu-ge: Baozzzzzzziieee~~~~~~
[00: 05] Lu-ge: Am feeling very hungry. T-T
[02: 05] Lu-ge: I like Baozis. A lot.
[02: 10] Lu-ge: I have nothing to eat. No one here to get me something.
[02: 12] Lu-ge: Can I eat you instead? My Korean Baozi.
[02: 26] Lu-ge: Nom. Nom. Nom
 

 

 

 


[12: 23] Lu-ge: Ugh. Sorry. I was a little inebriated. And, hungry.

 


[13: 00] Lu-ge: Baozi, that must have been inappropriate..
[13: 25] Baozi: What? Nah. It’s okay.
[13: 25] Lu-ge: Why didn’t you reply then?
[13: 30] Baozi: Overslept today. Was watching TV all night.
[13: 31] Lu-ge: Really?
[13: 33] Baozi: Really. I don’t mind helping someone with their hunger. :)
[13: 40] Lu-ge: Am glad. Baoziee :D

 


[15: 05] Baozi: So. How did you burn your kitchen?
[15: 15] Lu-ge: I didn’t. But, almost.
[15: 20] Baozi: same.

 


[16:05] Lu-ge: Nope. Not at all.
[16:06] Lu-ge: Your puppy is cute.
[16:15] Baozi: That’s not mine. I had only rescued it.
[16:40] Lu-ge: Oh. Hero Baozi. :-O
[16:55] Baozi: Haha. The actual hero is Jongin. He was the one who really saved it.

 


[17: 30] Lu-ge: Jongin?

 


[18: 09] Baozi: my brother’s bf.

 


[22: 17] Lu-ge: I thought I was potential danger. Sharing info, huh?
[22: 45] Baozi: Nope. Not anymore.

 


[23: 16] Lu-ge: Why *horrified*
[23: 43] Baozi: Coz Psychos don’t eat Baozis ;)
[23: 55] Lu-ge: Really now?
[23: 57] Baozi: Aye, aye.
[23: 58] Lu-ge: Choaa.
[23: 59] Baozi: ??


Sunday, 27th December


[00: 00] Lu-ge: ;)


Monday, 28th December - Tuesday, 29th December


Minseok wants to text him. His hands itch. He even considers asking for Jongdae’s number, but somehow that feels wrong and he refrains. He feels sad and dejected. New year is approaching and he is still alone. No friends, no lover. Nothing. He can go to his family but, he knows he’ll get the worried looks from his parents and pitiful looks from his sister. He doesn’t want those.

So, he’ll stay alone and spend the night just like any other. Kyungsoo has invited him for 30th evening party so, he’ll be going over there. Kyungsoo and that Jongin kid are so perfect for each other that not only he feels proud for his cousin, but also wishes he could find someone like that. Kyungsoo isn’t the most talkative person just like him nor is he very expressive, yet Jongin understands him despite all that, even when his cousin and relatives sometimes fail to understand the squishy man. Jongin knows when he is sulking, when he is irritated with him, when he is angry or, furious. He knows when Kyungsoo just wants some attention and affection and Jongin would give all that without making his cousin asking for it aloud. Sometimes Minseok feels jealous. The most he ever had had anything with was Jongdae. He’d be lying if he said he never had a crush on Jongdae. He had, but he let it go because Jongdae was, at least Minseok had assumed, straight.


Wednesday, 30th December


Luge forwards him all the texts. But, that’s all they are - forwarded mails and texts.


Later that night, he stays back at Kyungsoo’s place.


Thursday, 31st December


He gets no messages from the stranger, no forwarded texts, nothing. His phone- Luge’s phone - doesn’t buzz even for once. He calls his sister (only his mum and sister have this number), helps his cousin prepare breakfast and then leaves for his home. His mother and sister had insisted that they at least spend New Years Eve together. It isn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter