Chapter 2

My Quiet Marriage

C H A P T E R

2

 


Eunhee P.O.V

 

 The car door opened for me and i walk out. The building standing in front of me, is a restaurant? I guess it is a mix of both restaurant and hotel. My father stand next to me. “Let’s go in.” He said as I followed him in.

 

 A waitress took us to a couple who were about my father’s age.

  “Ah~ Inpyo. My old friend.” The man said as both of them shook hands. “Sit, sit.” We sat in front of them. “Now is this Eunhee?” I nod.

  “She doesn’t talk much.. After the accident.” My father said.

  “Oh yes, I see.” The man said. “Hello Eunhee. I’m Kim Jongmin and this is my wife Kim Seol-ji.You can just call us omma and appa.” Omma? Appa? What??

  “Eunhee, you’re very beautiful. Just like your mom.” Mrs. Kim said. I just noded as an thank you. “I wish I had a daughter.”

 

 It’s getting kinda awkward now. I wonder why are we are waiting? Mr. Kim clear his throat. “I wonder where is that kid?” After a few minute of awkwardness, a man, about a few years older them me, came in and sat next to Mrs. Kim.

 

  “I’m so sorry! I forgot appa!” He said as he was fixing his blazer. After he finished, he stood up and bow to my father. “Hello, I’m Kim Jongdae.” He sat back down. “I’m sorry for my lateness.” My father chuckled.

 

Jongdae P.O.V

 

 At the corner of my eyes, I saw my dad throwing death glares at me… I am dead tonight!! I sat down and try to avoid his eyes. I looked at the man who sat across my mom. “You must be Mr. Lee? And the lady next to you must be your daughter.” I said as I gave her a smile.

 

 “Her name is Eunhee. Isn't she beautiful?” My mom said with a full smile.

 “Very.” I said very honestly and a smile. I saw that her face flush a little and her eyes widen. After a second she looks down. I chuckled of her shyness. It was cute.

 

  “Now for the main reason why we need you both here today,” Mr. Lee said.

 “... We know you both just met each other today, but,” my mom said.

 “You guys are getting married!”

 

 “What?!?” I stood straight up from my set. All of a sudden, I felt water on my face. And saw that it was Eunhee. She stood up bowed, then left. “I never agree to a marriage.” I said as I wipe the spit water from my face.

 

 “I’m so sorry about my daughter reaction. See you guys soon.” Mr. Lee left.

 

I turn to my parents… “You guys need to do some explaining.”

 

Eunhee P.O.V

 

 Marriage?!?  Why is my father marrying me off?

 “Eunhee! Eunhee!” My father knocks on my door. “Lee Eunhee, open this door this instant!!” I obey his words and slowly walk to the door and open the door to let my father in. I sat on the couch and he sat in the couch in front of me.

 

 “I’m so sorry without tell you.. I just want you to have a happy future… And talk again…” Father said in a sad tone. My heart broke a little hearing him sad.

 “I will talk again soon, but just not now. But do I have to do this marriage?” I wrote on a notepad.

 

 “Yes. If you want it will only be for a year or two. But if you are happy with Jongdae and you guys are a happy couple, stay together.”  I sighed as those words came out of his mouth.

 “I guess it won’t hurt. Only a year or two right?” I wrote. My father nod. “Fine… I guess… If it makes you happy.”

 “Thank you for accepting.” He kissed my temple and left but before he close the door he said “Good night.”

 

Jongdae P.O.V

 

 The clock in the living, tick, tick, tick, as the silent grow. My parents explain Eunhee was mute, her pass, and the reason why for the marriage.

 

 “This marriage can be going on as long as you want.” My dad said.

 I sigh. “I guess I can do this… to help and stuff.”

 “Thank you for agreeing to this. Now you will go on a date this week. I will plan this out. I will give her and you the time, day, and place. Okay? Okay.” She is so excited. My mom scurry off, maybe planning. Sometimes I ask myself… How old is she?

 

 The conversation ended. I guess the future of getting married is already planned for me… Is that a good thing or bad thing? I wonder how her voice sounds like? So many questions come in my head that is needed for a answer.  I walked to my room, showered, and plopped on my bed. After a few minute of messing with my phone, I fell asleep.



A U T H O R ' S N O T E
THANKS FOR WAITING!!!!!!! Short chapter but it's something. Didn't edited much yet.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT OR UPVOTE! I GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACKS :)