Ding Dong the Witch is dead!

Family Business

“This has got to be the dumbest idea you’ve had.”  Jongin looked around the dark woods, creeping himself out the more he stared. Everything has eyes and everything is watching him.

“Calm down. This is the quickest way to get rid of the darn thing anyways”

“Jongdae~! Do you realize we’re dealing with some dead witches’ soul!? People die from things like this! We have a 3% chance to live! 3%!”

“Ooh sounds like some good odds.” Jongdae smiled patting his brother on his arm, dirt landing on his shoes. “Hey! Watch where you’re shoveling!”

“Well we would’ve finished an hour ago if someone wouldn’t have just stood there!” Joonmyun yelled back.

“I’m keeping watch!”

“Jongdae!”

“It’s Chen! When we’re on the job we use our code names!”

 

A loud thump was heard as Minseok shouted “coffin ho!”

 

“Kai help them bring it up.” Jongin gave his brother an unamused look, dropping his shovel and grabbing on to the coffin.

“Ew it smells like a dead person!”

“What?? No way! I wonder why?”

“Hyung, I don’t need your sarcasm right now.”

“Okay, Jongdae matches.” Minseok turns to Jongdae, hand extended out for the matches. “Jongdae?” Minseok looks at his younger brother. Waving his hand on in front of his face. “You look like you’ve seen a-”

“GHOST!”

 

    The high pitched screaming rocked their ears as the four brothers ducked. The ghost aiming to grab one of them! Pitch black hair that blended into the night swims around her as she turns her head 180 degrees to face the brothers again. “Jongdae matches!” Jongdae throws them to Jongin, Joonmyun and Minseok prying the top of the coffin up. Another high pitched squeal leaves the ghost as she flies towards the brothers, Minseok and Jongdae ducking in time. “Jongin!” said boy was being dragged into the air, elongated bony fingers around his neck.

“Guys hurry up!” Jongin gritted out hands attempting to wrap around the ghosts wrist but going through nothing. The ghost inhaled Jongin’s soul being dragged out of his body!

“Fire, fire fire, PLEASE!” Minseok struck at the matches neither one lighting up.

“Give me it!” Jongdae struck once match lighting as he dropped it into the coffin, the body igniting instantly. “Yes!”

The ghost screamed as it’s body burned, her own spirit turning into ashes and dropping Jongin in the process.

”Jongin!”  Joonmyun ran to his little brother holding him close as the younger caught his breath.

“I thought I was going to die!” Jongin said holding at his neck.

“But you didn’t right?” Jongdae smiled at his younger brother.”3%! Told you those were some good odds.” Jongin glared at him as Jongdae  stood up walking over to the still burning corpse. “Okay! On to the next one!”

“The body is still burning.” Minseok said staring down at it.

“So what? “

“We can’t just leave it here Jongdae.”

“Aww, but I want to get some sleep before we leave.”

“There’s a bush, make yourself comfortable.” Joonmyun said walking over while he supported Jongin.” The corpse needs to be fully burned,” He gently put Jongin on the floor near the burning corpse. It’s weird, but the heat will keep him warm.”’Till then we wait.”

“Uggh fine!” Jongdae said as he plopped himself down on the dirt, Minseok following suit.

“At least we have a fire to keep us warm.” Minseok said a grin gracing his lips. The brothers chuckled, not at all affected by the burning corpse.

“I really think we should keep the code names.”

“Oh no, not this again.”

“C’mon Joonmyun it would be great! I’m Chen, Jongin can be Kai, Minseok Xiumin and you Suho.”

“Suho?? HAHAHAHA!” Minseok burst out laughing, holding onto his sides as he laid on the ground.

“Haha~Very funny.” Joonmyun said with a straight face.”Jongin what’s wrong?”

“We’re sitting next to a burning corpse, using it for warmth, and we carry shovels on our backs. This isn’t normal.”

“Nope this is the family business.”

Jongin stayed quiet, letting Minseok’s words sink in. He has a point, this put food on the table and it was better than working in one of the textile factories or in the sewers. But he still wondered…

 

“Why is this the family business!?”