"Convenient" Stores

"Convenient" Stores

Sehun was working, like he always does after school. His shift was going fine, nothing out of the ordinary happened. He didn't like his job. Too boring. He just stands and waits for people to finish shopping, prices their stuff and takes their money. He needed money though and this is the only way to get it. This was the only job he could actually handle because his friends were here. It was almost time for him to leave when his supervisor came. "Sehun, do you mind covering the night shift?" He asked him. "Do I have to?" Sehun asked. "Well, there's no one else to ask." The supervisor told him. "Fine." He agreed. "Okay, I'll be going. Good night!" The supervisor left. Sehun grumbled, annoyed. He really didn't like his job. After a while of Sehun just surfing through his phone, someone came in the store. He heard the guy sigh as he saw him. "What's wrong?" Sehun only cared to ask because it was clearly about him. "Nothing. I just thought there was going to be a female clerk..." He said awkwardly and angrily. He went into the back of the store and came back after a while with a pack in his hand. He looked clearly uncomfortable as he showed him the stuff to get them priced. "I'm sorry to make you uncomfortable miss." Sehun told him, a smirk on his face. "I'm a man!" The guy yelled at him. "Sure, what kind of a man uses these?" Sehun asked. "Shut up! These aren't for me!" The guy told him. "It's okay, don't be ashamed. You're a girl too." Sehun joked. The guy took out some money to give him. He angrily put them on the counter and grabbed the bag that contained the embarrassing Items. Sehun laughed at him. After the guy left, Sehun sighed. He didn't realize how fun his job could be. He's going to make sure he has a word with his supervisor.

 

The next day, Sehun came in for work. Luckily, his supervisor was already there. "Chanyeol hyung!" He called as he went over to him. "Hey, Sehun. How did the night shift go for you?" He wondered. "That's what I wanted to talk to you about. When will Baekhyun recover?" Sehun wondered. "He's here today." Chanyeol said. "I wanted to know if we could switch positions." Sehun asked. "You said you didn't want a night shift because you wanted to sleep." Chanyeol reminded him. "I changed my mind." Sehun told him. "You're gonna have to ask Baekhyun about that." Chanyeol said. "He should be here soon." He let him know. Sehun went to the counter to wait. After a while, someone came in. "Hey guys." Baekhyun greeted. "Baekhyun, let's switch!" Sehun said. "Switch what?" Baekhyun wondered. "I want to do night shift." Sehun told him. "Really!?" Baekhyun exclaimed. "Yes, okay. Let's switch." He told him. "Why are you so happy?" Sehun wondered. "I don't like my hours! Nothing interesting happens!" Baekhyun told him. He went closer to Sehun to whisper something. "It's because I get to see Chanyeol during the day." They both laughed. "What's so funny?" Chanyeol wondered. "Nothing." They answered, regaining their initial positions. "I wonder what made you change your mind huh, Sehun? You really dislike staying up." Chanyeol said. "Oh, you know. I guess I just didn't know before." Sehun said. "Since, your shift doesn't start until later, why don't you go sleep so that you have energy for later?" Baekhyun told him. Sehun raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Sure, I'll just go now." He said eyeing Baekhyun. "Have fun, you two!" Sehun said, as he was nearing the door. He laughed as he exited. 

 

Sehun went back into the store and saw a blushing Baekhyun sitting on the counter. "What happened?" He asked him. "Chanyeol being dumb." He answered. Sehun didn't know what that meant but decided to ignore it as there was nothing he could do. "Okay, that's everything." Chanyeol was heard saying from the back of the store. After a while, Chanyeol came to them. "Oh hey Sehun." He greeted. "What were you doing?" Sehun wondered. "Oh, some stuff fell. I was picking them up." Chanyeol told him. He looked at his watch. "I have to go." He told them. "Good night!" He left. "Stupid Chanyeol..." Baekhyun said under his breath. "What did he do?" Sehun wondered. Baekhyun didn't answer and Sehun knew he didn't want to talk about it. Baekhyun stayed with him and they both stayed in awkward silence for a while. Someone eventually came in, looking annoyed. He bought a bunch of junk food and complained to himself. Sehun thought it was weird but shrugged it off since Baekhyun's expression didn't change. When Sehun's shift was almost over he decided to talk to Baekhyun. "Hyung. It's almost time to close the shop." He said. Baekhyun got up and took his keys out of his pocket and they both went to the front of the store. "Are you gonna be okay?" Sehun asked him as he was locking the door. "Sehun. I'm fine, okay? Please stop asking me." Baekhyun told him. "But, I just want to know what happened." Sehun told him. "I told you, Chanyeol was an idiot. That's what happened!" He said as he started walking away. Sehun sighed.

 

The next day, Sehun came in. Chanyeol wasn't there and Baekhyun still looked annoyed. "Where's Chanyeol hyung?" Sehun wondered. "He's not coming." Baekhyun told him. "Why not?" Sehun asked. Baekhyun looked like he was about to start crying. Someone suddenly came in. He took a glance at Sehun and rolled his eyes. Sehun then remembered him from two nights ago. He was there with some friends. One of them looked familiar. They took a while before finally coming to them. "It's nice to see you again." Sehun smiled at him. "You know him?" One of his friends asked. The guy scoffed. "This teenage noodle?" His friends laughed. Sehun raised an eyebrow. "Why would I know someone like him? He looks like a 5 year old." He continued. His friends kept laughing and it was Sehun's turn to scoff. "Who's talking? A little girl who just hit puberty?" Sehun said reminding him of the last time they met. The guy widened his eyes at that. "What's going on here?" Baekhyun wondered. He seemed to have only heard the last part. "Sorry, hyung I forgot you were here." Sehun said. "Come on, Suho. Pay for these already so we can leave these girls." The guy told one of his friends. As he swiped his card, Sehun recognized him. He was the guy who came yesterday. They took their stuff and left. Sehun sat back in his chair and Baekhyun asked him about the situation. "I don't know. I just saw him here once." Sehun said. "Why were they being mean?" Baekhyun asked. "I mean I may have made fun of him but it wasn't like this." Sehun said. 

 

It's been 3 days since Chanyeol's been to work. "What happened to you, hyung?" Sehun asked him. "Baekhyun didn't tell you? I thought he'd tell you." Chanyeol said eyeing the boy who looked away. "Some cans fell on me." Sehun widened his eyes. "Oh my gosh, are you okay?" Sehun asked him. "I'm fine. It still hurts though." Chanyeol assured him. "How did it happen?" Sehun questioned. "Well..." Chanyeol started. He looked at Baekhyun who was glaring at the wall. "Baekhyun should tell you." He said as he went behind a shelf. Sehun looked at Baekhyun, who sighed. "Fine. I hit the cans and he jumped on me." Baekhyun said. "He protected you? Why are you mad?" Sehun wondered. "Because he got hurt because of me. He could have just let them fall. Idiot." Baekhyun said. "Do you really think I'd let them fall on you?" Chanyeol came from behind a shelf and said. "You should have." Baekhyun said. "Who's the real idiot? The one who saved someone or the one who's mad at him for it?" Chanyeol asked. "Don't say it like that!" Baekhyun told him. Sehun sighed. They were still arguing when someone came in. He eyed them as he kept walking. When the person came to pay for his stuff, he whispered a question. "What's up with them?" He asked. "I have no idea." Sehun answered. Few more customers came in and saw them arguing. "Honestly, you're such an idiot! How could I fall for someone like you!?" Baekhyun complained. "What?" Baekhyun widened his eyes when he realized what he said. "What did you say?" Chanyeol repeated. "Y-you know, when I fell on the cans... How could I fall on them in front of you...?" Baekhyun nervously said. "Oh. Of course that's what you meant." He said as he went to the back of the store. Baekhyun slapped himself. "I can't believe I said it." He said as he went to take a seat behind the counter next to Sehun. "Maybe you should tell him." Sehun suggested. "Are you crazy? You know he's straight." Baekhyun reminded. "Yeah but I feel like you'd be more comfortable if he knew." Sehun told him. "No. He'll never know unless I'm sure he likes me too. But, obviously that'll never happen. Besides, you know he has a crush on his 27 year old cousin." Baekhyun said. "Yeah, I still don't get it." Sehun said. Chanyeol then came back. "Me neither, I don't get why Chanyeol's such an idiot either." Baekhyun said as he noticed him. Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

 

The next day after school, Sehun was on his way home. On his way he accidentally bumped into someone. It was a group of boys. He recognized them from the convenience store. "Look who it is." The guy said. "Please don't start this." Sehun asked. "Start what? I was just saying hello." He told him. "Hi." Sehun answered. "Where are you going now?" He asked him. "Home." Sehun answered. "Why not the store? That's where were going." He said. "I don't have to be there until later." Sehun told him. "It's okay if you're early." He said as he turned him around and forced him to walk with them. "But I just came back from school. I should go home. My mom will be worried." Sehun tried to come up with different excuses but they kept pulling him. Baekhyun eyed them as they entered the store. "We just saved you two trips. You're welcome." The guy told him. They all went to the shelves to find things to buy. Sehun went to Baekhyun. "Did you even go home since coming back from school?" Baekhyun asked. "No, they pulled me here." He told him as he put his backpack on the floor under the counter. Sehun crossed his arms on the table and put his head on them. "I was going to take a nap before coming here." He said after he yawned. "You don't sleep much anymore, huh?" Baekhyun wondered. "I've also been taking naps in class, which isn't good." He said, closing his eyes. "Sure, you can sleep now. I'll tell Chanyeol to wake you up when your shift starts." Baekhyun told him. 

 

Sehun woke up at night. He looked around to find his phone to see the time but couldn't find it. He heard giggles coming from the back of the store. He followed it and saw the group of boys using a phone that looked familiar. "Finally awake, Sehun?" The guy asked him. "How do you know my name? Is that my phone?" Sehun asked them. "We're just looking through it." He told him as they laughed at something else. "Are you gay?" He said as he and his friends started laughing. Sehun widened his eyes and reached to grab his phone. "Please give it back!" He begged. The guy didn't listen and instead pointed to something on the phone and they all started laughing. Sehun's eyes watered as he tried to grab the phone from him. "Oh my gosh look at this!" He yelled and he and his friend laughed again. Sehun gave up on retrieving his phone, they already saw everything. He ran back to the front of the store and sat under the counter. He hugged his knees and began crying. When Sehun ran away, the guy felt bad. "Here, see if you can find something else." He said giving them the phone as he got up to find Sehun. He went to the counter and found Sehun under it. "What are you doing here? What kind of a person hangs out under a table?" He asked. When Sehun didn't react, he apologized. "Okay, I'm sorry." Sehun didn't say or do anything. "Are you crying?" The guy wondered. "You shouldn't be crying, we won't hurt you. We were just curious. We didn't think it'd bother you this much." He told him. "Okay, look. I'll go get you your phone if you get out from under this table." He told him. He got up to do as he said. He was happy to see Sehun standing up next to the counter, wiping his tears, when he came back. "Here you go." He said, handing him his phone. Sehun looked at the time and saw that his shift was almost over. He went to grab his stuff. "Are you still upset? I said I was sorry." He tried to tell him. Sehun just ignored him and left. He knew he should tell them to leave and lock the store but he didn't want to talk to him.

 

The next day, he went back after school. "Baekhyun hyung." He called him. Baekhyun looked up. "I don't want the night shift anymore." He told him. "What happened?" Baekhyun wondered. "First of all, Chanyeol didn't wake me up." Sehun told him. "Was I supposed to?" Chanyeol asked as he peeked his head from behind a shelf. "I told you to!" Baekhyun yelled at him. "I wasn't even here." Chanyeol said. "I'm sorry, Sehun. I should have woken you up before I left." Baekhyun apologized. "Anyway, it's those guys. They looked through my phone." Sehun told him. "They did? Did they see anything embarrassing?" Baekhyun wondered. "They saw everything." Sehun told him. "Oh..." Baekhyun said. "And, I mean everything. They looked through my pictures, my messages, oh my god..." Sehun put his face in his hands. "What are you going to do?" Chanyeol asked. "I just don't want to see them anymore. They come here at night more than they do during the day, right?" Sehun asked. "I don't know. I didn't even know them until I saw you arguing. I don't pay attention to our customers." Baekhyun told him. Sehun sighed. The door then opened and the guy came in. "Oh, Sehun, you're here!" He said as he went to him. "Don't call me by my name! We're not friends!" Sehun yelled. "Hey, you're talking to me!" He said. "So, you're not mad anymore?" He asked. Sehun glared at him as an answer. The guy was still smiling. "Great. Since I know everything about you now, would you like to get to know me? To make it fair." He said, showing him his phone to take. "I don't care about you." Sehun told him. "Why not? I cared enough to look through your phone. You won't even take mine?" He said. "You're going to take it." He said setting it on the desk. "I'll come back for it during the night." He said as he left. "How did you guys meet anyway?" Chanyeol wondered, thinking this whole thing was weird. "I made fun of him for buying girl things." Sehun told him. "I didn't expect this." He said looking at the phone on the desk. "Are you gonna snoop?" Baekhyun wondered. "If I do, that's telling him I'm interested in being his friend. Which I am not, so I will not look through it." Sehun said as he looked away. "Suit yourself." Baekhyun said as he grabbed the phone and turned it on. "He has a girlfriend!" Baekhyun said as he admired the picture. "What? Don't tell me!" Sehun said as he shut his ears with his hands. Baekhyun and Chanyeol laughed at him as the latter went beside Baekhyun to look as well.

 

After a while, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were still on it and Sehun was angrily sitting next to them, trying not to pay attention to them. "I don't know what's wrong with you Sehun, I definitely want to be his friend." Baekhyun told him. "Then be his friend. I don't care." Sehun said, annoyed. "Oh we have to go." Chanyeol said, looking at his watch. "I want to stay longer." Baekhyun said. Chanyeol nodded and headed out. After a few minutes, the guy came in. "Luhan!" Baekhyun called as he entered. "Oh, I take it you looked through?" Luhan said. "I didn't!" Sehun told him. "I did!" Baekhyun told him. Luhan laughed. "Okay, why didn't you look through?" Luhan wondered. "Because I don't like you." Sehun told him. "Aww, but I like you." Luhan pouted. Sehun widened his eyes and then looked away, making him laugh more. "Don't be attached to him, I'll be your friend!" Baekhyun told him. "Okay, we're friends." Luhan told him. "Yes!" Baekhyun exclaimed. Sehun glared at Baekhyun. "You didn't learn anything at all? Aren't you curious? We don't have to be friends if you don't want to. I just want it to be fair." Luhan told him. "It's your fault it's not fair." Sehun said. "I said I was sorry." Luhan told him. "I don't care. Just take your phone and leave." Sehun told him. "Okay, I will leave now. I won't take my phone though." Luhan said as he walked out. "I give you permission." Baekhyun said after the door closed. "Permission for what?" Sehun wondered. "Permission to like him." Baekhyun said. Sehun widened his eyes. "I don't like him!" He said. "I said you can." Baekhyun clarified. "Well, I don't." Sehun told him. "Why not? He's nice, cool. Handsome." He said the last part, trying to show Sehun a picture of him. "He's not nice." Sehun said. "You saw how he talked about me the last time. And he stole my phone." Sehun said. "He was probably mad at you for making fun of him." Baekhyun said. "It wasn't as bad as him." Sehun said. "And he's sorry for taking your phone. He's trying to make it up to you by letting you see his phone." Baekhyun said. "If I look through his phone, we'd have to be friends." Sehun said. "I won't tell him you looked." He said wiggling the phone. Sehun just took it. "I'm not even interested anyways." He said as he looked through it. Baekhyun smirked. After a few minutes, Baekhyun said he had to leave. Sehun was still looking through it. He was mostly looking at his pictures. Luhan was a good looking man and Sehun admit that.

 

Later, the door opened and at the sound, Sehun immediately put the phone down screen first, forgetting to turn it off. Luhan laughed as he walked over. "Caught you. You were looking through, weren't you?" He said. Sehun blushed as he tried to lie. "No." Luhan took his phone, which was still on and laughed harder. "Okay, Sehun. You weren't looking at it." Luhan said jokingly. "So what if I was!? I just got curious..." Sehun said. "Me too. So, now we're even." Luhan said with a smile. "We're not friends, though." He said. "Okay, we don't have to be friends." Luhan said as he took a seat next to Sehun. "Why are you sitting here?" Sehun asked him. "Because I don't have anything to do, I figured we could discuss what we learned." Luhan said. "I'm not talking to you." Sehun told him. "Why not? You looked through my phone and learned my secrets. I think we have to now." Luhan said. "What secrets? I'm the only one with secrets." Sehun said. "I have secrets too, Sehun." Luhan told him. "Then, I must have not seen them." Sehun shrugged. "Sure you have. You read my messages, no?" Luhan asked. "No." Sehun answered. "Really?" Luhan wondered. "I only looked at your pictures." He told him. "Why? There's nothing interesting there. Just pictures of me and my friends." Luhan said. "I mean there were some questionable pictures." Sehun said. "What do you mean?" Luhan wondered. Sehun showed Luhan a picture of him being kissed on the cheek, by one of his friends. "Oh. See you learned my secret. He's my ex boyfriend." Luhan told him. "What?" Sehun said. "He's still my friend though." Luhan said. "You have a girlfriend though." Sehun said. "I know." Luhan said. "What? Is it weird? You like guys don't you?" Luhan said. Sehun blushed at that. "W-well..." He started. "It's okay. Besides you know that I like guys too." Luhan told him. "I just also like girls." Luhan said. "You have a boyfriend, don't you Sehun?" Luhan asked. "No." Sehun told him. "There was one person who talked with you as if you were." Luhan said as he took Sehun's phone and showed him his messages with someone called Kai. "Oh. He's just my friend." Sehun told him. "Why does he talk like this to you?" Luhan wondered. "He likes me." Sehun told him. "You don't like him?" Luhan wondered. Sehun shook his head. "Do you like someone?" Luhan wondered. Sehun blushed at the question. "I don't think so..." He answered shyly. Luhan laughed. "You probably do." He said. A few moments of silence passed. "A pity." Luhan was heard sighing. "What?" Sehun wondered. "It's a pity we can't be friends. The more I talk to you, the more I like you." Luhan told him. Sehun blushed and looked away. "Well, that's your own fault." He told him. "I know." Luhan said. 

 

The next day, Sehun was on his way to the convenience store. Someone suddenly jumped on him in a hug. "Hey, non friend!" He yelled. "Don't you have anything to do?" Sehun complained. "You're literally always at the store." Sehun said. "I didn't used to. It's because of you." Luhan told him. "Sure, whatever." Sehun said. They finally made it and Baekhyun smiled at them. "Hey, guys." He greeted. "Baekhyun told me you finally looked through the phone." Chanyeol said as he revealed himself. Baekhyun glared at him. "Idiot! Luhan wasn't supposed to know." Baekhyun yelled at him. Sehun sighed. It's a good thing Luhan already knew. Luhan was laughing the whole time. "Sorry, Sehun." Baekhyun apologized. "It's fine. He already knows." Sehun told them. "You told him? Are you friends now?" Baekhyun wondered. "No." Sehun said. "Why not?" Baekhyun asked. "Because I still don't like him." Sehun said. He went behind the counter, next to Baekhyun. "I don't get it. What's not to like?" Baekhyun wondered, as he eyed Luhan. "Obviously a lot of things." Chanyeol said somewhat angry. Baekhyun glared at Chanyeol. "I don't need you guys arguing over me. It's fine if he doesn't like me." Luhan shrugged. "No, it's not." Baekhyun said but stopped when he saw Sehun glaring at him. 

 

Later that night, Luhan came by. "Hey, Sehun!" He called as he made his way to the counter. "Don't call me that." Sehun said angrily. "What am I supposed to call you?" Luhan asked. "I don't care just not my name." Sehun said. "I can't call you if it's not your name." Luhan said. "Good." Sehun answered. "Don't be like that." Luhan said. "I don't know why you keep coming back." Sehun said. "It's because I like you." Luhan told him, making Sehun blush. "Well, that's too bad for you. I don't like you back." Sehun told him. "That's okay. By the way, I won't be staying long, I have to meet up with my girlfriend." Luhan told him. "Then go now." Sehun said. "This is where we're meeting up." Luhan said. "Why?" Sehun asked him. "Because I want her to meet you." Luhan said. "We don't even know each other." Sehun said. "We know each other's secrets." Luhan said. "Don't say that, it sounds like we're friends." Sehun said. Luhan smirked. Someone came in. "Ah, there she is." Luhan said as the girl walked up to them. "This is Yoona." Luhan said gesturing to his girlfriend. "You're guy I have to look out for?" She joked, giving him her hand. "What?" Sehun wondered as they shook hands. "He's been telling me about you and it looks like I have some competition." She laughed. "Okay..." Sehun said awkwardly. "You don't get it?" Luhan wondered. Sehun shook his head and they laughed. "Anyway, we have to go." Luhan said. "It's nice to meet you, Sehun." Yoona said and they left. Sehun didn't know why but he felt sad.

 

The next day, on his way to the store, he was still a bit sad and he was unsure why. "Hey Sehun. What's up?" Baekhyun asked, he seemed to have noticed. "I don't know." Sehun answered. "What happened yesterday? Did Luhan come back?" Baekhyun asked. "I met his girlfriend." Sehun told him. "Really? Was she as pretty as she was in the pictures?" Baekhyun wondered. "Much prettier." Sehun said. "Wow, I wish I had stayed." Baekhyun said. "Was she nice?" Baekhyun asked. "Very nice." Chanyeol walked over to grab a box that was on their side. "Chanyeol! He met Luhan's girlfriend!" Baekhyun said. He didn't answer but looked mad. "What's up with him?" Baekhyun wondered. Sehun sighed and put his head in his arms. "Are you okay?" Baekhyun asked. "Is it because of her?" He wondered. "I don't know why but I feel so sad..." Sehun admit. "Oh, you're jealous!" Baekhyun pointed out. "What? Jealous of Luhan? But I don't like girls like that." Sehun said. "No, jealous of his girlfriend." Baekhyun specified. "I already told you! I don't like Luhan!" Sehun almost yelled as the said boy walked in. "Aww, even when I'm not here, you like to talk about me?" Luhan joked as he walked over with his girlfriend. "Wow~! She really is prettier than her pictures!" Baekhyun said, admiring her. Yoona laughed. "What are you doing here?" Sehun asked him. "You called me, didn't you? I heard my name." Luhan said. "You say you don't like me, but you can't stop talking about me." Luhan said. "They were talking about you, okay?" Sehun tried to lie but no one believed him. "You told me there was a tall guy. Where is he?" Yoona asked Luhan. "Oh yeah. Where's Chanyeol? Yoona likes tall guys." Luhan told them. Baekhyun called Chanyeol to hurry up and come. "He's always cleaning. Like, even when there's nothing to clean, he's cleaning." Baekhyun complained as they were waiting for him. "What is it?" Chanyeol wondered as he made his way to them. "His voice is so deep, too!" Yoona squealed as she ran up to him. "What's your height?" She asked him, suddenly all her attention was on him. Luhan laughed at her. "You're okay with this?" Sehun asked him. "Why wouldn't I be?" Luhan wondered. Sehun noticed Baekhyun was now glaring. "How can he let her touch him like that!?" Baekhyun whined. Chanyeol eyed him and then started complimenting her. "Did you see that?" Sehun asked him. "See what?" Baekhyun wondered. "He looked at you first." Sehun said. "So?" Baekhyun asked. "That means he's trying to make you jealous." Sehun said. "It does?" Baekhyun wondered. "It's so obvious. Look at how he keeps eyeing you." Sehun said. "Does he really not like me that much?" Baekhyun whined. Luhan laughed at them.

 

After a while, Yoona stopped admiring Chanyeol and they were all sitting together. Baekhyun was still shooting daggers at the two who decided to sit next to each other. "I really like this place." Yoona told Luhan. "I come here every day!" Luhan responded. "Yeah even though you're not welcome." Sehun bitterly replied. They both laughed at him. They all talked. The conversations were driven by Yoona and Luhan and answered by Baekhyun and Sehun in a negative tone. Chanyeol didn't really talk except to reply to Yoona's small and occasional comments about his body. Suddenly, Baekhyun couldn't handle it and went to the back of the store. Sehun decided to go talk to him. "Hyung." He called. Baekhyun was sitting in front of the wall. Sehun sat next to him. "Why is he doing that? He knows it hurts me, right? Does he like hurting me?" Baekhyun complained. "Maybe he doesn't. You should tell him." Sehun said. "I've actually been thinking of confessing but if he's interested in her, then I can't." Baekhyun told him. "I don't think he likes her." Sehun said. "How do you know?" Baekhyun wondered. "Remember when he liked his cousin? He wouldn't stop talking about her. I think if he really liked her would have been more obvious." Sehun said. "Well, I don't know what's not obvious about calling her pretty and cute, and accepting when she hits on him." Baekhyun said. "He's probably just being nice." Sehun told him. Chanyeol was then heard calling them. Luhan and Yoona have left so they decided to go back. "Why did you run off like that?" Chanyeol wondered. Baekhyun walked closer to him and closed his eyes as he was mentally debating what he was going to do. When he was right in front of Chanyeol, he lifted himself a bit and placed his lips on Chanyeol's. Chanyeol wrapped his arms around the shorter boy and kissed him back. Sehun sighed, happy for them. "I'm sorry." Chanyeol apologized. "I knew you liked me for a while now." Chanyeol admit. "What, really?" Baekhyun wondered. "Was it the can incident?" Baekhyun wondered. "No, before that." Chanyeol said. "When?" Baekhyun wondered. "Don't worry about it." Chanyeol told him. "If you knew, why didn't you say anything?" Baekhyun wondered. "Because I was still deciding if I liked you or not." Chanyeol said. "Deciding?!" Baekhyun yelled, feeling offended. "Not like that. More like figuring out. I didn't know how I felt about you." Chanyeol told him.

 

The two sat together behind the counter while Sehun basically did Baekhyun's shift. He was fine though, as long as his friend's happy. Sehun remembered feeling sad; he still didn't know what caused it. It was now time for his shift and Baekhyun and Chanyeol left. Sehun was on his phone until the door opened. "Hey, Hunnie!" Luhan called out. Sehun blushed at the nickname and told him to shut up. Luhan just laughed. "Still don't like me?" Luhan asked. "I'll never like you." Sehun told him. "Why not? Is it really because I made fun of you that one time?" He wondered. "Yes. That really bothered me. I didn't mean any harm when I did it the night before but you really seemed like you were trying to insult me." Sehun said. "I was just joking around. I didn't know it bothered you that much. If I knew you were so sensitive, I wouldn't have acted that way. I'm sorry." Luhan apologized. "Why can't you forgive me?" Luhan asked. "Because you could be lying to me now." Sehun told him. "I'm not." Luhan told him. "How do I know?" Sehun asked. "I'm really sorry, Sehun. I didn't know you then, but if I did I wouldn't have said those things. Because I really like you." Luhan admit. Sehun was blushing. Luhan smiled a little and then pouted. "So what happened with Baekhyun and Chanyeol?" Luhan decided to change the subject. "They got together." Sehun told him. "See? I told you." Luhan said proudly. "Told me what? I already knew they liked each other." Sehun told him. "Oh." Luhan answered. The rest of the night was still awkward. "I won't be here tomorrow." Luhan told him. "Good." Sehun answered. "Yoona's going to come though. Should I tell her that Chanyeol probably won't be okay with her touching him if he now has a boyfriend?" Luhan wondered. "I don't care at all." Sehun said, he didn't really pay attention to what he said. He just heard Yoona and zoned out. "Okay..." He said right before leaving.

 

The next day, Sehun came a little later than he usually does. He saw Yoona there and she was still admiring Chanyeol. "Oh, Sehun. Hey!" She greeted. "I guess I should go now." She said. "No, you can stay." Baekhyun told her. "Are you sure? Your friend is here, so there's really no reason for me." She said. "Stay." Baekhyun told her and she agreed. "You guys befriended her too?" Sehun asked. "Yup." Baekhyun answered. "Why are you here if Luhan's not?" Sehun wondered. "He's giving you a little break." She answered. "What does that mean?" Sehun asked. "So you can finally realize you like him." She said. "I don't like him!" Sehun almost yelled. "Yes you do. But you need a little help realizing it." She said. "Where did this come from?" Sehun asked. "Luhan told me." She said. "Luhan thinks I like him?" Sehun asked. "Luhan knows you like him." She corrected. "He's an idiot." Sehun said. "He's a genius." She said. Sehun sighed as he gave up. "So, when will he show up?" Sehun wondered. "See? It's started." She said. "What's started?" Sehun wondered. "You're already starting to miss him." Yoona said. "I don't miss him! I'm just curious..." Sehun blushed. Yoona laughed. "Wait, shouldn't you be mad at me or something?" Sehun asked her. "No." She answered nonchalantly. "But you're his girlfriend." Baekhyun said. "Yeah but what am I gonna do about it? If he likes Sehun more than me, I can't convince him otherwise!" She shrugged. "Is he the same way? For letting you flirt with Chanyeol?" Baekhyun wondered. "Yeah. But also we knew you guys liked each other so we didn't think it'd do much." She said. "So you're okay with Luhan liking Sehun more than you?" Chanyeol wondered. "He already didn't like me in the same way I liked him. But we're friends and we've been friends since we were born so, I'm okay if he's happy." She shrugged. "Wait, hold on. So, Luhan definitely likes Sehun?" Baekhyun checked. "Oh yeah. For sure." Yoona nodded. "Did you hear that Sehun?" Baekhyun asked he turned around and to their surprise, he had earphones in. "Sehun, you idiot!" Baekhyun yelled. "It's okay, he doesn't know he likes him yet so it'll be weird." Yoona said. "We have to help him realize it quickly." Baekhyun said.

 

A few days passed. Sehun was sitting at the counter, with a foot on it. He was drinking juice and looking through his phone. "Are you serious?" Baekhyun asked, glaring at him. "What?" Sehun forgot his mouth was full of juice as he almost spilled some. He coughed as he sat down properly. "Sorry, what is it?" Sehun wondered. "Don't you miss him at all?" Baekhyun asked him. "Miss who? Oh yeah, Chanyeol's not here today." Sehun said. "It's going to be okay, Baek. Have some juice." He said handing him the box. "No, thank you. You're supposed to be thinking about Luhan." Baekhyun said. "Who? Luhan? That idiot who stopped coming here? And let's thank god for that." Sehun said with a smile as he toasted the air and took a sip. "You're unbelievable." Baekhyun shook his head and went to the back of the store.

 

Baekhyun left after his shift was over and Sehun was left alone. He let out a deep sigh. He opened his phone and went to the pictures. He went on a picture he had of Luhan. Luhan stole his phone once and took pictures of himself. To not make Sehun angry he deleted them. He forgot one though and Sehun didn't delete it. He admired it for a while before he fell asleep. Later, Sehun woke up and saw Luhan. Luhan was sitting next to him and he was apparently staring at him. Still half asleep, he yawned. "What time is it?" Sehun asked him as he cutely rubbed his eyes. Luhan showed him the time on his phone which read 2:17 AM. Sehun took a few seconds before he slowly registered everything. "What are you doing here?" Sehun asked him. "I came to see you." Luhan answered. "You can see me during the day." Sehun said. "You're only alone at night." Luhan said. "Why can't Baekhyun and Chanyeol be here?" Sehun wondered. Suddenly a pair of lips interrupted Sehun. Sehun was in too much of a shock to move. Luhan kissed him for about a minute. After the kiss, Luhan hid his head in his arms. Sehun stayed like that for a while. He couldn't comprehend what just happened. Sehun put his hand on his head because it was hurting. "Why did you do that?" Sehun dumbly asked. A muffled "I'm sorry." Was heard coming from Luhan, who was still hiding his face. Luhan continued talking but Sehun couldn't understand anything so he interrupted him. "I can't hear a thing you're saying." Sehun said. Luhan raised his head slightly. He restarted and it was a bit clearer but Sehun wasn't satisfied. "Uh, I don't know why but I want to see your face." Sehun said. Luhan reluctantly raised his head all the way. "I guess that's better..." Sehun started but was interrupted. "Sehun, please. Let me talk." Luhan said, still refusing to face Sehun. "I'm sorry I kissed you. I'm sure it's no secret that I like you. I knew you liked me too, but for some reason you couldn't realize it. I wanted you to hurry up and realize it so, I decided not seeing you might help but I don't like it. I want to see you." Luhan admit. "Y...you like me?" Sehun asked slowly. "I thought it was obvious. I told you almost every day." Luhan told him. "I didn't think you meant it like that." Sehun said. "Please Sehun. Tell me you like me too." Luhan pleaded. "I don't know... I'm so confused." Sehun said, holding his head again. "I thought I hated you, but I don't know anymore." Sehun told him. "Maybe this will help." Luhan said, grabbing his chin and slowly turning it in his direction. He kissed him one more time. When they stopped, Luhan's hands were still on Sehun's face. Luhan was staring intently at Sehun, who was too shy to look at him. "Sehun." Luhan called him. Sehun looked at him. "I..." Sehun started. "I really don't know..." Sehun admit. Luhan let go of Sehun's face and laid back down. "I shouldn't have kissed you. I should have waited longer. I'm such an idiot." Luhan complained. "Luhan..." Sehun called. "You said my name." Luhan realized. "Well, yeah..." Sehun shyly said. "What is it, Hunnie?" Luhan asked. "Please come tomorrow." Sehun asked him and Luhan smiled. "I will. And I'll never leave you again!" Luhan hugged him. Sehun put his hand on his heart and felt the fast beat.

 

The next day, Sehun was eager to get to the store for some reason. When he made it, he hoped Luhan would have come early. He was disappointed when he didn't see him. "Hey, Sehun. Miss him yet?" Baekhyun wondered. Sehun didn't miss him much because he saw him yesterday but he was hoping he'd be here today. He took his place behind the counter. "Where's Chanyeol hyung?" Sehun wondered. "Since his cousin is visiting him, for like the first time in forever, he wanted to satisfy himself by spending every second with her." Baekhyun told him. "Doesn't it bother you?" Sehun wondered. "No. He told me if he just sees her this once he'll be forever satisfied. So, I believe him." Baekhyun said. Luhan didn't come and Sehun was starting to think he lied to him. Baekhyun left once his phone said 10 and Sehun was alone again. He waited a few minutes before the door opened. "Hi Hunnie!" Luhan called out as he went to hug him. "Why didn't you come?" Sehun asked him. "I did, here I am." Luhan told him. "I thought you'd come during the day." Sehun said. "No, no. I want to see you and only you." Luhan told him. He took a seat next to him and gave him a hug. "What will it take to make you realize you love me?" Luhan wondered. "A lot." Sehun joked. Luhan pecked the younger's cheek. Sehun blushed and put his hand on the kissed cheek. "Don't kiss me all of a sudden!" He told him. "Sorry, you're too cute for me..." Luhan told him. Sehun eyed Luhan once before looking back in front of him. "What? Do you have something to say?" Luhan wondered. "N-no..." Sehun said. "I know you're lying." Luhan said as he leaned closer to him. Sehun slightly pushed him back. "At least let me hug you? You're so cute!" Luhan told him. "But when you hug me, my heart beat becomes faster and it scares me." Sehun told him. Luhan laughed at that. Luhan hugged him anyway. "Is it beating fast?" Luhan asked him. "Please let go. I'm scared." Sehun told him. "Of what?" Luhan wondered. "It's beating so fast I feel like I might die." Sehun told him. Luhan laughed again. "Stop laughing. I'm serious." Sehun said. "Sehun, you really don't get it?" Luhan asked him. Luhan gave him another kiss on the cheek. "L-Luhan!" Sehun yelled. Luhan laughed at the way he said his name. "I can't help it, Sehun-ah." Luhan admit. "You're trying to kill me, right?" Sehun asked him. "Sehun, I feel the same way." Luhan told him. "What?" Sehun asked. "My heart beats faster when I'm around you too." Luhan said. "What does it mean?" Sehun asked him. "You like me!" Luhan said as he squeezed him. "N-no, that can't be it... Yours clearly doesn't hurt as much as mine." Sehun said. "It used to. Why do you think I took that break from you? To calm it a little." Luhan told him. "So, what should I do? Take a break from you?" Sehun asked. "No, you need to realize your feelings for me." Luhan said. "But, how?" Sehun asked. "You just have to know." Luhan told him. "But I don't know." Sehun said. "You're a rare case, Sehun." Luhan told him. 

 

The next day, Sehun was sitting alone at the desk waiting for Baekhyun to return. He said he was helping Chanyeol unpack something but he knows they're making out. They came back after a while and Sehun gave Baekhyun a knowing smirk. "And when is your turn coming up?" Baekhyun asked him. The door then opened and Luhan and Yoona came in. "Hi Hunnie!" Luhan called him. "You said you won't come during the day." Sehun said. "He's been coming at night?" Baekhyun asked. "Where is Chanyeol?" Yoona interrupted them. "In the back." Baekhyun answered her nonchalantly before going back to his shocked state. "What happened?" Baekhyun asked them. Luhan went to the counter, leaned on it and gave Sehun a smooch on the lips, shocking both of them. "Luhan!!" Sehun yelled at him, trying to hide his blush. "You're together now!?" Baekhyun asked them. "No!! I don't like him!" Sehun yelled. "Why did you kiss him then?" Baekhyun asked. "He likes me. He definitely likes me. I just need him to realize it." Luhan said. "I don't. Please stop kissing me." Sehun told him. "Trust me." Luhan told Baekhyun, who nodded. Yoona and Chanyeol then came back. "What's with the yelling?" Chanyeol wondered. "Sehun likes Luhan." Baekhyun smirked as Sehun started yelling again. Everyone laughed at him. "Come on, Hunnie. Even your friends realized it." Luhan told him. "It doesn't matter. If I don't think I like you, then I don't." Sehun said. "That's not good." Baekhyun told him. "Take your time, Hunnie. As long as it's not too long." Luhan told him. 

 

At night, everyone left except Luhan and Sehun. Everyone wanted to leave them together. Sehun sat, a bit angry, on the counter. "What if I confess one more time?" Luhan asked. "I can change the style." Luhan said before asking Sehun to look at him. "I can do it coolly. Hey, Hunnie. I've liked you for a while now. I think we should date." He said trying to act cool. "Or cutely. I kind of like you...kind of..." He said as he played with his fingers and moved slightly. "Or y. I love you." He said that with a deep voice, surprising Sehun at first. "Or I can..." Luhan was about to continue but was interrupted. "Please stop. It has nothing to do with your confession. I just don't like you." Sehun said. "Untrue. You do like me." Luhan said. Sehun shrugged. "Come on. How can I make your heart beat?" Luhan asked him. "I mean that's totally normal, right?" Sehun asked. Luhan angrily took his phone and texted one of his friends and then took Sehun's phone and texted one of his friends. Later, Baekhyun and one of Luhan's friends came. Luhan asked them both to hug him. When the guy Sehun didn't know hugged him, he didn't feel much he just wanted him to hurry up and get off. When Baekhyun hugged him, he didn't feel anything. "What does this prove?" Sehun wondered. "Your heart was beating when you hugged me!" Luhan almost yelled. "Yeah, and?" Sehun asked. "When someone you like hugs you, you don't feel anything. When someone you barely know hugs you, you don't feel anything. When someone you love hugs you, you feel nervous!" Luhan told him. "What about someone I hate?" Sehun wondered. Luhan couldn't take it. "I tried." He gave up. "I don't understand. What does my beating heart have to do with anything?" Sehun asked. "It means you're nervous." Luhan told him. "Nervous about what?" Sehun asked. "Me. You like me so, you get nervous." Luhan told him. "Really?" Sehun wondered as he inched closer to Luhan and when he got closer, his heartbeat quickened. "Oh. So do I like you?" Sehun wondered. Luhan sighed. "Maybe I'm just scared of you?" Sehun thought.

 

When the day came, Baekhyun was walking around, actually helping Chanyeol move some stuff. "Hey Luhan. I mean Baekhyun." Sehun called him. Baekhyun laughed at him. "It's not funny I called my mom and teacher that too." Sehun told him. "That's funnier." Baekhyun told him. "It's embarrassing." Sehun said. Chanyeol then came in. "Is it okay if we have some? We can say we're taste testing them." Sehun joked. "They've already been taste tested." Chanyeol told him. "I'll just buy some then. Where's the Luhan, I mean money." Sehun shook his head. "Maybe it's in the Luhan, I mean bag." Baekhyun joked. "It's not funny. I think I have a problem." Sehun said. "A serious problem." Baekhyun agreed. Sehun glared at Baekhyun who laughed. "A problem called love!" Baekhyun said, he and Chanyeol laughed. "You guys are the worst." Sehun told them. "My love~!" Luhan called as he entered the store. "Look who's here." Baekhyun said as he and Chanyeol went back to the back of the store. "Aren't your friends nice?" Luhan said. Luhan kissed Sehun for a second before he backed away. "I told you to stop kissing me!" Sehun told him. "I think it helps." Luhan said. "Helps what?" Sehun asked. "Doesn't it hurt your heart too?" Luhan asked. "Oh I get it. Helps you murder me." Sehun said. "Yeah. Murder you with love." Luhan joked. Luhan motioned for one more kiss but was declined. "Aww come on, why?" Luhan complained. "Because. I don't like you so kissing you is weird for me. Please remember that." Sehun told him. "I am a very selfish person so I can't." Luhan told him. "Yeah very selfish since you've been kissing me this whole time..." Sehun complained. "I just don't understand why it's so hard for you to understand." Luhan told him. "Look, Luhan. I don't know what love is so, how can I know if I like you?" Sehun said. "I'm telling you what love feels like. Everyone can tell you and you definitely like me." Luhan told him. Sehun looked unsure and Luhan sighed. "What do you think love is?" Luhan asked him. "Isn't it when you just like someone? I think I'd know if I liked you." Sehun said. "That doesn't make any sense. You really don't know anything." Luhan said. Baekhyun and Chanyeol came back. "I think you'd like to know Sehun's new habit." Baekhyun said. "He's been mistaking people and things for you." Baekhyun told him and they started laughing. "I don't understand what's so funny." Sehun said. "You're always thinking about me!" Luhan exclaimed as he hugged him. "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you guys. I am always thinking about him, what does that mean?" Sehun asked them and they all sighed. "What?" Sehun asked. "You really are an idiot, aren't you?" Luhan asked him. Sehun got angry at that. "I might be sick or I might really hate him I don't know why you guys keep thinking we're in love..." Sehun said. "Because you are!" Baekhyun almost yelled in his face. "Sehun everything you ever tell us about him is a symptom of love. He makes you nervous, you're always thinking about him...Sehun, open your eyes." Baekhyun told him. Sehun looked at Luhan. "But what if I do this and then it turns out I didn't like him." Sehun asked them. "Sehun, that's like your stomach is growling, and you tell us what if I'm not hungry?" Baekhyun sighed. "Fine, give me some time to think about it, I'll really think about it now." Sehun told them.

 

When it was night time, Sehun was still contemplating. Luhan left and came back. "Please tell me you've made some progress?" Luhan asked him. Sehun looked at him. "I think so." Sehun said. "No more thinking. I want you to know." Luhan told him. "But I was going to say I think me hating you was me trying to hide that I liked you." Sehun told him. "Really?" Luhan asked happily. He already knew that, but Sehun realizing it is what matters. "Yeah. I'm sure of it now." Sehun said. Luhan hugged him. Sehun was reluctant at first but then hugged him back. After the hug, Luhan looked at Sehun and kissed him. Sehun was also reluctant to kiss him back, but did so in a few seconds. "I'm so happy." Luhan told him. "Me too." Sehun smiled. Luhan went behind the counter and sat next to him.


The next day, Luhan came over and hugged Sehun. "Did anything happen?" Baekhyun wondered. Sehun smiled and gave Luhan a peck on his lips to answer Baekhyun's question. "I'm so happy for you!" Baekhyun exclaimed. Chanyeol came at the sound of that and smiled as he saw Luhan and Sehun hugging. "Finally together?" He asked. The answer was kind of obvious.


BTW the 27 year old cousin is Sandara Park (Dara from 2NE1) and Luhan's ex is Minseok. You don't need to know these but whatever.