Befriending the Demon

Deviled Eggs for Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Ryeowook wished the ground could open up right now and swallow him whole. Things were getting out of hand already.

At first, Ryeowook thought that the meeting between Kyuhyun and his friends would be painfully awkward—something that actually would make him glad and content. He envisioned it already: Kyuhyun would stutter and be shy in front of his noisy friends whereas said friends would just keep quiet; the atmosphere being so thick it could easily be sliced with a knife. However, when Sungmin, Eunhyuk, and Donghae burst inside his apartment, Ryeowook found out that he was absolutely wrong.

And this shouldn't be happening at all.

Ryeowook groaned in huge irritation; his narrowed eyes not straying away from Kyuhyun and his friends. He actually couldn't believe what he was seeing and he was sure he was just dreaming and he would jolt awake soon.

But when he pinched himself on his arm in hopes that he could finally wake up, the horrible realization that this was really happening seemed to crash hard upon him.

Oh no.

"Ryeowookie," A voice from beside him sweetly called in a childlike manner; Ryeowook trying his very best to ignore it. However, when he didn't make a move to show that he had heard it, the owner of the voice started to prod him on the sides continuously. "Aren't you just grateful that Kyuhyun saved your life? I bet you are, because it seems like you agreed to let him stay in your apartment!"

This was utterly ridiculous. If only they knew that Kyuhyun just magically appeared here and forced Ryeowook to let him stay. If only they knew that Kyuhyun basically refused to leave his apartment and his life; whining like a child every time Ryeowook begged him to just go away. If only they knew the horrors Ryeowook was going to experience and was experiencing just by being within Kyuhyun's presence.

"So, he's going to start taking classes in our college too? He's going to be in your department, isn't he? I'm sure he's going to be in your classes too!"

If only they knew Kyuhyun had used his demon powers to trick the university's administration into letting him enroll. If only they knew Kyuhyun chose to be in the same department with Ryeowook just to continue to annoy him. If only they knew the demon used his devious trickery to be in the same classes as Ryeowook. If only they really knew.

"This is going to be fun! You have another friend! Soon, he's going to fit in with our bunch of friends too! Ahhh, the wonders of human company!"

If only they knew Kyuhyun wasn't actually a human, but instead a devil. If only they knew that Kyuhyun had already met everyone, not just in his human form but in his demon invisible form. If only they knew.

But they didn't know, so Ryeowook continued to suffer silently.

"But seriously, it has been nice meeting you, Sungmin-ssi, Eunhyuk-ssi, and Donghae-ssi. I wish we can be good friends soon." Kyuhyun said with a polite bow and a charming smile, although Ryeowook could see just how evil and deceiving the demon's smile was. This was not good—the Lee brothers already were getting fond of the demon and vice versa.

What was Ryeowook really just getting himself into?

"Sooo, do you perhaps have someone dear to you?" Sungmin suddenly asked the still-smiling Kyuhyun with a sultry voice and Ryeowook painfully choked on his spit. The demon looked at his human from the corner of his eyes and it didn't go unnoticed by Eunhyuk who was watching the whole display. And the Anchovy smirked secretly to himself as Kyuhyun hit Ryeowook's back in a helpful manner.

"Um, yes. Kyuhyun already has someone, Sungmin-hyung." Ryeowook spoke up after he finished coughing; speaking up defensively before Kyuhyun could even answer. "So no, you aren't allowed to flirt with him."

The surprised demon laughed cheekily at the fast response before he happily hugged a red-faced Ryeowook. "Aw, are you implying that you are actually jealous with Sungmin-ssi?"

Eunhyuk snickered silently. This was getting amusing—it seemed like the two maknaes were into the process of having a deeper relationship than just being housemates. Perhaps there was even some ual frustration between the two?

"What?! No! I am implying that you aren't allowed to be with Sungmin-hyung because he's too good to be with you!" The smaller man screamed at his defense before he protectively hugged a befuddled Sungmin; the demon pouting childishly as if he was gravely offended.

He actually was.

"Oh, are you two already in a relationship?" The oldest man in the room curiously asked with a tilt of his head. All he got as a response though was Ryeowook loudly denying it with a scowl and Kyuhyun happily nodding and proclaiming that yes, they were a couple indeed. Sungmin and Eunhyuk just laughed fondly as the two youngest promptly started to bicker with each other like they were married already.

"But hyung," Donghae spoke up quietly as he watched the amusing fight the roomates were having. Sungmin looked at him in question. "You won't be able to flirt with Kyuhyun now... And I won't let you destroy Ryeowookie's heart if you steal Kyuhyun away from him."

"What? Oh no, Kyuhyun's handsome and all but I'm not gay. I have a girlfriend, remember?" The oldest man explained with raised eyebrows and Donghae's eyes widened when he remembered that fact. Eunhyuk just scoffed at the sides as he lightly bumped his friend on the head.

"How can you forget that hyung already has a girlfriend? And I don't know about you but it seemed like Ryeowookie and Kyuhyun actually aren't in a relationship yet. I wish they are though."

"What? But Kyuhyun said that they were! Unless he was lying and I won't be friends with him then because I don't like liars." Donghae pouted as he crossed his arms; Kyuhyun and Ryeowook still in their own world and still bickering with each other whether they were really in a relationship or not. Although it looked like Kyuhyun was just sprouting nonsense just to rile and tease the smaller man further.

"Look, it's obvious that Ryeowook has a crush with that guy and Kyuhyun holds some affection towards Ryeowookie, but I don't think they have moved past being friends yet. Scratch that, I don't think they are even friends right now." Eunhyuk patiently explained to the confused Sungmin and Donghae; a finger subtly pointing the two youngest men.

"When have you been this smart?" The Bunny asked in awe as Donghae looked bewildered, although Kyuhyun and Ryeowook promptly stopped on their bickering at that moment. Eunhyuk just crossed his arms and glared at Sungmin; feeling quite insulted at his words.

"I am smart enough to know about these two's budding relationship."

Ryeowook crossed his arms on his chest defensively. "What relationship are you talking about? There's no relationship between me and this demon."

"Are you kidding me? Kyuhyun looks like an angel." The eldest chimed in as he flashed a wink towards a grinning Kyuhyun. The taller man then blew a flying kiss towards the snickering Bunny in response; Ryeowook glaring at the two in annoyance and slight jealousy.

"Yah, stop fighting!" Donghae scolded with a pout as he literally dragged Ryeowook away from jumping on Kyuhyun to give him a punch. "That's not how you treat the one who saved you from getting hit by a car, Ryeowook-ah."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter