Saved by a Guardian Angel?

Deviled Eggs for Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook cursed softly under his breath; short puffs of air escaping his lips as he tried to run faster along the busy streets of Seoul.

This has got to be the worst day of his week. He has no idea that a person could get as unlucky as him, considering all the bad lucks he has recently been receiving wherever he goes and whenever destiny decided to punish him. Ryeowook's morning was greeted with a broken alarm clock that did not go off at five in the morning, and he was then only rudely awakened by noisy birds tweeting happily outside his window when it was almost seven in the morning already.

The small man once again cursed as the stoplights went green and the cars started to move on the road. He did not understand, on why of all mornings when he was already late, did every stoplights on Seoul decide not to let him arrive faster at his college—instead, turning 'Go' for the cars every time he was to cross roads. An old lady waiting for the lights to turn red looked at him nastily, which went unnoticed by the agitated Ryeowook, as he continued to curse and he then cursed some more when he remembered all the bad things that suddenly happened to him all just in a span of a week.

His boyfriend of a year suddenly decided to end everything between them—Ryeowook swore it was because Yesung loved his turtles more than Ryeowook himself, Heechul and Zhoumi accidentally ruined Ryeowook's shirt claiming that it was too unfashionable, Donghae knocked down Ryeowook's bathroom door because of Lee-freaking--Hyukjae, and Kangin almost smashed a bottle of soju on Ryeowook's head due to his drunkenness. In short, Ryeowook has had the unluckiest week a human being could ever have in his whole life.

Ryeowook checked his watch—it was almost eight-thirty and he was almost late into his second subject—and fortunately, he was spared some luck as the stoplights finally turned red. He then hurriedly jogged across the street once the cars stopped and a smile broke into his face once the facade of his college finally came into his view.

Although, a disobedient and impatient driver decided that he could still beat the red light.

The last thing Ryeowook then heard before he out was a loud car honking and someone cursing loudly.

--

Soft and hushed whispers were the first things that Ryeowook registered as he tried to open his heavy eyelids. He felt like hell itself has descended upon him—proven by the way his joints and muscles were protesting in pain. Finally, after much effort and will, his eyes slowly opened revealing white surroundings and five bleary human forms.

"Ugh, where am I?" The small man groaned in slight discomfort as he tried to sit up, although hands promptly pushed him back to the bed. Instantly, voices matching to still blurry faces concernedly admonished him.

"Don't try to sit up yet, Ryeok," a loud voice which eerily sounded like Heechul spoke near to Ryeowook's ear. "Try to get some rest first."

And Ryeowook just nodded hesitantly as he willed to focus his eyes, which soon proved to be effective as the five blurry images finally went into a clearer view.

"What happened?"

The five men, which turned out to be Heechul, Yesung, Kangin, Sungmin, and Donghae just looked at each other in concern.

"You were almost hit by a freaking douchebag who clearly doesn't know the difference between a red light and a green one. Fortunately, someone managed to pull you out in time and decided to bring you here," Sungmin filled out with a low voice as Donghae nodded animatedly on the side. "You're in the college infirmary, by the way."

"Someone?"

"Yep. A tall man with big eyes, pale skin, some fat on the stomach but muscles on the arms and thighs. And oh, he's a little bit on the handsome side, although not as handsome as me." Yesung chirped out as he pointed on his supposedly handsome face; Ryeowook just scoffing and rolling his eyes at the choice of words.

"Really, hyung?" The smaller man asked with a sarcastic but nonetheless joking voice. Yesung just nodded proudly before he once again opened his mouth to describe the mysterious man more. "Yes, because he has pimple crates on his face. And my face is one-hundred percent perfection."

"Excuse me, I think you're talking about me?"

And Ryeowook just groaned in frustration as Yesung and Heechul promptly started to fight with each other about who has the more flawless face.

"By the way, how is my favorite dongsaeng feeling right now?" Donghae's concerned voice fortunately caught Ryeowook's attention before the smaller man could even shout at the two oldest men to shut up. Kangin just snickered on the side as he dragged Heechul and Yesung out of the infirmary room to give a recovering Ryeowook some peace.

"I'm fine, hyung. A little bit in pain, but nothing a good number of pain reliever can't fix."

Donghae then sullenly nodded before he looked down guiltily. "I'm sorry Ryeowook-ah. I really should have been there," The man apologized as tears welled up in his eyes; his heart getting heavy due to the unfortunate situation his dongsaeng has went through. Ryeowook frowned in confusion before he beckoned Donghae to come closer. Sungmin just sighed with a small smile at Donghae's antics and pure heart.

"Hyung, it's not your fault, okay? I am just being unfortunate this week and I don't even know why. Perhaps a devil is just following me and maybe that's why a lot of bad things are happening. But my bathroom door, you and Hyukjae-hyung still need to fix that—I still can't believe you decided to have on my apartment when I was somewhere else."

And Donghae just sniffed in regret before he nodded and hugged Ryeowook tight; causing the younger to squeak out in pain.

"Do you want us to stay here, Ryeowookie? I can ditch my classes and we can call Teukkie-hyung and Eunhyuk to come and take care of you. And Yesung-hyung too, your good-for-nothing ex, he can stay here and pamper you."

Ryeowook made a face—something which Sungmin and Donghae both found adorable that they pinched the youngest man's cheeks with a girly coo.

"No, please. Jungsoo-hyung will just be over-worried that he might forget about the student council meeting later on and Hyukjae-hyung will just pester me about my broken bathroom door and how he won't pay for the repair of it because he's too stingy. Yesungie-hyung will just tell me about how his turtles are faring so far and I'd rather sleep and rest than be reminded that turtles are far more important than me," Ryeowook explaine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter