My Love Texted Me

My Love Texted Me

Tiffany came again. Her pink sneakers stuck out from under the desks, but as usual, I pretended not to see her. Instead, I drank some water and then started my vocal exercises.

 

“Do re mi fa sol la ti do.”

 

I heard her breath hitch before a slap that sounded like she was covering resonated in the room. Again, not an acknowledgement from me, except I did have to turn away to hide the laugh that wanted to erupt.

 

She was so adorable that some days I had to end my practice session early just so I don’t walk up to the desk with the pair of pink sneakers and tell her to stop hiding from me. I wanted to see her puppy face in awe when I reached a high note or touch her warm, pink cheeks when I look her in the eyes and sing a meaningful part of the song.

 

My patience was starting to run thin today. I wanted her to get out of hiding so I can make her mine. Tiffany Hwang, the awkward yet adorable stalker, was going to get a earful this session.

 

I chose songs that were a mixture of passion and seductiveness. I gave a little booty shake, a gentle lip bite and a blowing kiss right at her—er, well the desk. There was no way she could resist me.

 

Tiffany’s feet were fidgety now and she wouldn’t stop squirming. She’d always wait until I finished the song before leaving, but this time, she left at the middle of the chorus.

 

I sang, but was silently panicking and shocked when I could no longer see her sneakers as she crawled underneath the desks. With a soft thud, Tiffany was gone, and so did my desire to continuing singing.

 

“Crap. I messed up.” Groaning with my forehead resting against the wall, I trashed the song sheets. She must have been terrified of my actions, and the thought of that made my cheeks redden in embarrassment.

 

 Stupid, stupid, stupid! Why couldn’t I just confess to her like a normal human being?

 

***

 

Lying restlessly on my bed, I once again counted the number of hours before I’d see Tiffany in Chemistry class. I always looked forward to catching her stare at me when she thought I wasn’t looking, but now, there was this unsettling feeling that tomorrow she might not look at me in the same puppy-like way.

 

“I didn’t traumatize her that badly, did I?”

 

“Oh my god, what did you do?”

 

“W-Wendy!” I turned to the door to find my younger sister giving me a pointed look.

 

“’Traumatize her that badly?’ Who was the poor fool that got hurt by you?”

 

“No one.” I bit my lip and looked down in shame. Was Tiffany disgusted by my flirty dance and song-choice? Would it really be over for us before we even started?

 

“Oh geez. I know that look. What happened with that Tiffany chick this time?”

 

I glared at Wendy in annoyance. She was acting like the only problems in my life revolved around Tiffany—which it did—but I still wasn’t ready to admit it!

 

“I might have tried to seduce her with my dancing, and she might have ran away before I could even finish singing.” I coughed to hide my embarrassment but Wendy, the little devil that was born three years after me, rolled on the bed and laughed while clutching a pillow. “S-Shut up, Wendy!”

 

“Poor Tiffany…” Wendy said between giggles.

 

“This is serious! I might have ruined any chance of being with the love of my life!” I blurt out dramatically.

 

“Ew, stop being gross. You’re making me feel weird.” Wendy shivered in the bed, but at least she stopped laughing. “But you know, if you did scare her off then maybe she’s not the one.” She cringed when she saw the wounded look I was giving her. “Okay, I’m just going to say this once, so don’t expect a repeat! You’re my sister and you’re pretty and talented and awesome—just like me. It won’t be difficult for you to find someone else to crush on, so stop being sad about it, okay?!” Wendy huffed and stood up to leave but I crushed her in a bear hug.

 

I was touched by my baby sister’s words, but I wasn’t going to agree with her. Tiffany is the one. Unlike everyone else in the school, she never once asked anything from me, there was no hidden motive, like using me for fame, fortune or popularity.  She liked me (Well, I think she liked me) for me.

 

“I still want to give us a try. I think I’m going to ask her out.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes.” I decided, but then my phone buzzed and a text message from an unknown id popped up on the screen.

 

“No way!” I shouted. It was from Tiffany, and she told me she really likes me!

 

“My ears!” Wendy wailed, smashing the pillow into my face to cover my screams of joy. But I could not be contained, so I caught the pillow and screamed even louder.

 

“I have to text her back.” My fingers hovered over the letters like a cyber wiz. “You don’t know how long I’ve waited for this. I can’t tell you how touched and happy it makes me feel to know that you feel the same way as I do. Oh, by the way, I really like you too J. I think it started when I saw you for the first time in Chem class and then you flashed that pretty eyesmile at me, and—”

 

I looked at my phone, dumbfounded. All my heartfelt words were gone, and there was nothing there besides a black, empty screen mocking me.

 

“Oh, wow. Haha! Serves you right!” Wendy hopped off the bed and slammed the door to her room shut, possibly still pissed at me.

 

No, this was not happening. My battery did not just die on me at a time when I needed it the most.

 

Charger! Wherefore art thou?! I rummaged through every drawer, and couldn’t find it. “Oh, no, I left it in school! Wendy, lend me your charger!” I pounded hysterically against her door but she made no movement to open it for me.

 

“Nah… you just damaged my ear drums, so it, Taeyeon.” Wendy replied lazily before drowning me out with her singing. We were a family of singers, and I always told Wendy I loved her tone but this time I’d say I hated it. If it weren’t for this door, I’d shove a ghost pepper down and watch her suffer.

 

“Your sister’s love life is on the line, and you’re not going to help me?!”

 

“Dooon’t Caaaree~!” She sang with vibrato. The little twerp!

 

As I assessed the situation in my bedroom, I realized I had no charger, no phone, no knowledge of Tiffany’s address or her phone number. So basically I had nothing, and by the time school started, Tiffany would have moved on or someone would have finally noticed just how low-key y and sweet Tiffany is. Then I’d have to watch her date someone else for the next two years of high school.

 

Yeah, not freaking happening!

 

At 6:30AM, I was out the door and racing to get to school. When I got to my locker and pulled out my charger, I ran to the nearest socket. Then I waited, and waited, and waited—Tiffany could be getting married by the time my stupid phone was done charging!—but I continued to wait.

 

When students began to enter, I disconnected the charger from my phone. It was at 53%, which was enough battery life for me to rewrite my entire love text. But before I could get started, I caught sight of Tiffany and my hands started to shake. She was breathing hard from her run, apparently, and she looked so irresistibly adorable with her hair flying everywhere.

 

All of a sudden, my body had a mind of its own when it took a step closer to her against my brain’s commands. I was close enough to hear her say she was leaving, and that made me stop in my tracks. Leave? She couldn’t leave. I wanted to see her, to tell her how I felt, to finally know what it felt like to call her my girlfriend. She was not leaving.

 

“Stay.” I texted her, and thanks to her friend, Jessica, Tiffany saw the message.

 

You’re cool, Taeyeon. You’re a singer and you’re used to people crushing on you. Just think of Tiffany as those people. But one look into those chocolate eyes turned me into mush, and all I could say was, “Hey” as I stepped closer.

 

“H-Hi.” Her cheeks turned flushed red, making me blank out except for one thought—what are you waiting for.

 

I walked up to her and stood close enough that I could smell the raspberry shampoo off of her silky, black hair.

 

“Did you get my message?”

 

“The ‘stay’ one? Yes, I did.” She squeaked.

 

“Not that one.” I don’t know where this confidence was coming from. Maybe it was the fact that I, Taeyeon Kim, was making Tiffany just as flustered as I felt, but I texted something short, sweet, and to the point. “Check again.”

 

She took about three seconds to read it, but even that was too long for me because I couldn’t wait anymore as a breathed out a ‘yes’ to my own text.

 

I don’t know what came over me. I never thought I’d be so brash, but I just saw those round puppy eyes, burning pink cheeks and y full lips, and then my mind shut down. Before anything could register, I was already kissing Tiffany.

 

She felt as soft as jelly and tasted as sweet as cotton candy. And like a sweets junkie, I wanted more of her—except the stronger part of me reminded me I should stop now, so I reluctantly pulled back before I got too carried away.

 

When she slightly stumbled backwards, I caught her waist, not wanting her to leave from my side, because now that I had a taste of Tiffany, I was hooked. There was that flustered look again, putting a smile on my face.

 

I then noticed her sudden change in expression. I thought she was looking at my lips, silently asking for another kiss, so I slowly leaned forward but what came in contact with me was her index finger, specifically on my chin.

 

“Dimple.” I heard her mumble, like she was hypnotized as her eyes turned hazy.

 

Ugh, so cute! I couldn’t hold it in anymore as I grabbed her cheeks and kissed my girlfriend again.

 

Stop, stop, y Taeyeon! My mind screamed at me. I had a reputation and our classmates were downright staring at us, but screw all of that, because I was finally kissing the love of my life.


 

>.< this is why I don't do sequels and only stick to one-shots. I finished it but I'm sorry it :'( I think the pressure got to me lol